Best of What's Left

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Who's the best QB left in the playoffs not named Tom Brady?

Blake Bortles
10%
Case Keenum
71%
Nick Foles
4%
Sam Bradford
14%

Total votes: 70

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Best of What's Left

Postby pokerface40 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Nobody has mentioned that Shurmur is about to become the head coach of the Cards or Giants. I think wherever he goes he will bring Keenum.

Nanananananana
Starter
Starter

Postby Nanananananana » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 am

Do we think Bortles has done enough to keep his starting job next season? I’m sadly counting on him as a starter in a Superflex next year to be a bridge to a rookie whom I expect to draft.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:42 am

I think if the vikes go in any direction other than bringing keenum back they are screwing it up, regardless of how the NFC championship or perhaps super bowl goes this season. While he has the least pedigree he has the most moxie and results matter more than draft capital this far into a career. Why would any super bowl contender rely on bradford unless forced to as he is so undependable and has yet to play a post season game . Save keenum getting injured and bradford entering and winning a title , why would the vikes even bother. Keenum to my eyes makes some reckless plays but he also has the onions to make throws bradford won't even attempt. That stout vikes defense can bail him out and frankly zimmer has screwed the pooch in not fully endorsing this guy IMHO. Bradford has been in the league 8 years and only played more than 10 games in half those years 1 year winning a winning record - this season at 2-0 now if they resign keenum and bradford accepts a lesser deal to be qb2 fine but if he wants starter $ I let someone else give it him and exhale .
Best course keep keenum & teddy as qb2 or draft a young qb use keenum as the future/ bridge qb - bye bye bradford !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:04 am

With regards to the Minnesota situation, I don't think Bridgewater is coming back. Dressing Bradford ahead of him was anything but a good sign for how the Vikes feel about him. I also wonder how the Vikes feel about Keenum with Shurmur declaring he and Keenum a package deal. The only way that can happen is if the Vikes pass on him, so maybe he knows something we don't.

I actually think Foles is the best of the group. He's looked shaky at times, but he's put up the best season (not this year) of the group and probably has the best arm after Bradford. I'm surprised so many people have Bortles ahead of him.
pierson242 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:47 pm *whispers* Case Keenum will start all 16 games next year

Lol but for real this guy is getting harder and harder to ignore. That throw to Diggs was a beautiful pass! He made throws all day that were perfect, he can read defenses, and he can perform in the clutch. He is becoming very fun to watch!
Beautiful pass? He overthrew a wide open Diggs and nearly got him killed. It was pure luck for Minnesota that Williams whiffed on that tackle, though Diggs did make a great adjustment to avoid that tackle.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 am

ericanadian wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:04 am With regards to the Minnesota situation, I don't think Bridgewater is coming back. Dressing Bradford ahead of him was anything but a good sign for how the Vikes feel about him. I also wonder how the Vikes feel about Keenum with Shurmur declaring he and Keenum a package deal. The only way that can happen is if the Vikes pass on him, so maybe he knows something we don't.

I actually think Foles is the best of the group. He's looked shaky at times, but he's put up the best season (not this year) of the group and probably has the best arm after Bradford. I'm surprised so many people have Bortles ahead of him.
pierson242 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:47 pm *whispers* Case Keenum will start all 16 games next year

Lol but for real this guy is getting harder and harder to ignore. That throw to Diggs was a beautiful pass! He made throws all day that were perfect, he can read defenses, and he can perform in the clutch. He is becoming very fun to watch!
Beautiful pass? He overthrew a wide open Diggs and nearly got him killed. It was pure luck for Minnesota that Williams whiffed on that tackle, though Diggs did make a great adjustment to avoid that tackle.
Diggs wasn't wide open, Saints all around, and he didn't over throw him, he put the ball up in the air where only his guy could go up and get it!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 am

this ^^^ it was a hail mary situation my guess bradford checks down and they do some stanford band play and season is over .

the immaculate reception was a less than stellar decision /throw but no one remembers that just the result and like I told my son NFL highlight reels will contain that vikes play when he is my age 30+ years from now in the greatest game winning plays of all time . Awesome moment when camera caught keenum saying what appeared OH MY GOD! in sheer disbelief ! Magnificient!

right up there with IR , miracle in the meadowleands , music city miracle - that was the minnesota miracle ! Now right after they show drew pearon blatantly committing OPI for the hail mary touchdown they can follow it up with greatest play in vikes history as a counterpunch.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:11 am

I mean... Foles had a beautiful throw on 3rd down yesterday where he bounced the ball off the safety's knee right back to Torrey Smith! I'd like to see your Keenum and Bortles do that!
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

trc
Captain
Captain

Postby trc » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:31 am

pierson242 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 am
Diggs wasn't wide open, Saints all around, and he didn't over throw him, he put the ball up in the air where only his guy could go up and get it!
How much space is needed to be wide open?
Honest question - as when I see the replay at NFL (the 2 min video, at 0:55), ha has like 7-ish+ yards to closest defender, 20 y from LoS. That is to me at least quite open in a obvious throwing situation with the game on the line.

This play is solely on the defender, he had every chance of tracking the ball and Diggs and still been able to make that play.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:17 am

Keenum did enough yesterday to make the decision easy for the Vikings. Fan perception is high on Keenum regardless of what happens from here, and perception is reality...

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:40 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:42 am I think if the vikes go in any direction other than bringing keenum back they are screwing it up, regardless of how the NFC championship or perhaps super bowl goes this season. While he has the least pedigree he has the most moxie and results matter more than draft capital this far into a career. Why would any super bowl contender rely on bradford unless forced to as he is so undependable and has yet to play a post season game . Save keenum getting injured and bradford entering and winning a title , why would the vikes even bother. Keenum to my eyes makes some reckless plays but he also has the onions to make throws bradford won't even attempt. That stout vikes defense can bail him out and frankly zimmer has screwed the pooch in not fully endorsing this guy IMHO. Bradford has been in the league 8 years and only played more than 10 games in half those years 1 year winning a winning record - this season at 2-0 now if they resign keenum and bradford accepts a lesser deal to be qb2 fine but if he wants starter $ I let someone else give it him and exhale .
Best course keep keenum & teddy as qb2 or draft a young qb use keenum as the future/ bridge qb - bye bye bradford !
I agree with all that you said except the underlined. Bradford has, as Zimmer puts it, “big balls” as well. He delivered many beautiful downfield balls last season and the beginning of this season, and usually was stepping into a big hit to get those passes away. I believe he’s one of the best arm talents in the league, but he doesn’t have durability in his knees anymore. Keenum and Bradford both are fairly fearless passers, IMO. Bradford is more accurate. Keenum buys time more effectively and is more probable to stay healthy.

I’d love for the Vikes to sign both guys for next year...but the demand around the league will likely pull one away. Probably Bradford.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:48 am

I've added Case Keenum to my QB Part I poll. I did not do so originally because he was not yet 30 - and to be honest before this season I figured he was a lock to be out of the NFL - but he will be 30 very soon - and now there is a strong case he could be a starter somewhere.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:00 pm

The best one will be the one who isn’t playing. Gotta go Bradford based on skill and talent.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm

trc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:31 am
pierson242 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:12 am
How much space is needed to be wide open?
Honest question - as when I see the replay at NFL (the 2 min video, at 0:55), ha has like 7-ish+ yards to closest defender, 20 y from LoS. That is to me at least quite open in a obvious throwing situation with the game on the line.

This play is solely on the defender, he had every chance of tracking the ball and Diggs and still been able to make that play.
This man speaks truth. Not sure how you can come to the conclusion that Diggs was well covered.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:08 am

I voted for Keenum. His strengths/weaknesses remind me a little of Andy Dalton. He can be successful with a good running game around him and a defense that won't require him to win games/come from behind. Keenum is relatively safe with the ball, but then there will be a couple of times a game where he becomes wildly overconfident in his own abilities and throws up a pass with some crazy belief that he can squeeze it into a tight spot as if he were Aaron Rodgers.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:33 pm

Kudos to the 1 and only 1 owner who voted Nick Foles.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..