Good news for Ajayi owners!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Ajayi

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:54 am

If Blount leaves, Clement will pick up those touches. They've been setting that up all year. I suspect that if Sproles goes, Smallwood will jump into that role. The Eagles have built depth behind their old guys and I suspect Ajayi's role is what it is. It's not impossible that Ajayi could eat into the other guys' touches, but with his penchant for fumbles, it could easily go the other way around. Over a season, he can put up RB2 numbers, but I wouldn't want him as any more than my RB3.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 am

Folks, some of you seem to be missing that Ajayi is already being projected for around 20 touches a week in these NFL playoffs even despite the 3-man rotation.

So it is basic to posit from this that when/if Blount isn't an Eagle next year, Ajayi's current touch-share projection only becomes that much safer.
clarion contrarion wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:26 am A bit of fools good in that he looks to be an explosive talent but has 987 yards rushing & 5tds in 6 best games .... Undeniable and explosive -
1345 yards rushing and 6tds in his other 32 regular season games yawn ! - Managers that do not have a true handle (there are many) on their roster remember the huge games where ajayi leads them in scoring and overlook the many pedestrian weeks and wonder why they have lost early or missed the playoffs completely. I own zero shares and would only want him as a flex or bye week rb2 where I was not counting every week on big numbers and doubt anyone is selling for that.
You're ignoring that Miami's O-line run-blocking grade was bottom five in the league during Ajayi's time there. Ask Todd Gurley owners circa 2016 if a struggling O-line is all it takes to render a superstar an erratic performer, or even an outright dud.

Dynasty "managers that do not have a true handle (there are many)" tend toward confirmation bias, disregarding the data that doesn't support the narrative they prefer for whatever foolish egoistic reason.

As for the small sample in Philly to this point, the RB committee and mid-season trade has kept him under 15 carries any week, with three of those weeks being single digit carries. So we haven't actually seen what he can do yet as the lead Eagle runner in a speculated 70-30 or 80-20 touch-share split with Clement next year. Ajayi is a runner that wears down defenses if he gets enough carries in a game, and he's looking probable to get that next season. More touches means more opportunities for those trademark explosive runs to inflate his statlines for our purposes. And regardless of that, Ajayi's PFF grade this year was good, despite all the chaos his '17 season endured.

Anyway. You say you only want the lead-back of one of the NFL's best offenses as a "bye-week RB2". Laughed out loud. Maybe that's a thing in 8-team leagues?
ericanadian wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:54 am If Blount leaves, Clement will pick up those touches. They've been setting that up all year.
Clement is not a Blount clone. He's JAG. Reliable, but JAG.

The Eagles didn't dive in on an ultra rare mid-season trade because they were happy with what they had on their RB chart, starter or depth.

Clement has value to us as a handcuff because he's a big back that can handle a load, and after Blount goes Philly will need him to be Ajayi's backup and breather-back. But equating him to Blount is an insult to Blount's underrated career. We'll see, but Clement is unlikely to be talented enough to justify a 60-40 touch-share with Jay Ajayi.
but with his penchant for fumbles
Ajayi has 4 fumbles over 593 NFL touches.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:23 pm

You're ignoring that Miami's O-line run-blocking grade was bottom five in the league during Ajayi's time there. Ask Todd Gurley owners circa 2016 if a struggling O-line is all it takes to render a superstar an erratic performer, or even an outright dud.

Dynasty "managers that do not have a true handle (there are many)" tend toward confirmation bias, disregarding the data that doesn't support the narrative they prefer for whatever foolish egoistic reason.

Kenyon Drake sure looked pretty good behind that bottom 5 O Line.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:02 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:14 am Folks, some of you seem to be missing that Ajayi is already being projected for around 20 touches a week in these NFL playoffs even despite the 3-man rotation.

So it is basic to posit from this that when/if Blount isn't an Eagle next year, Ajayi's current touch-share projection only becomes that much safer.
clarion contrarion wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:26 am A bit of fools good in that he looks to be an explosive talent but has 987 yards rushing & 5tds in 6 best games .... Undeniable and explosive -
1345 yards rushing and 6tds in his other 32 regular season games yawn ! - Managers that do not have a true handle (there are many) on their roster remember the huge games where ajayi leads them in scoring and overlook the many pedestrian weeks and wonder why they have lost early or missed the playoffs completely. I own zero shares and would only want him as a flex or bye week rb2 where I was not counting every week on big numbers and doubt anyone is selling for that.

As for the small sample in Philly to this point, the RB committee and mid-season trade has kept him under 15 carries any week, with three of those weeks being single digit carries. So we haven't actually seen what he can do yet as the lead Eagle runner in a speculated 70-30 or 80-20 touch-share split with Clement next year. Ajayi is a runner that wears down defenses if he gets enough carries in a game, and he's looking probable to get that next season. More touches means more opportunities for those trademark explosive runs to inflate his statlines for our purposes. And regardless of that, Ajayi's PFF grade this year was good, despite all the chaos his '17 season endured.

Anyway. You say you only want the lead-back of one of the NFL's best offenses as a "bye-week RB2". Laughed out loud. Maybe that's a thing in 8-team leagues?
ericanadian wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:54 am If Blount leaves, Clement will pick up those touches. They've been setting that up all year.
Clement is not a Blount clone. He's JAG. Reliable, but JAG.

The Eagles didn't dive in on an ultra rare mid-season trade because they were happy with what they had on their RB chart, starter or depth.

Clement has value to us as a handcuff because he's a big back that can handle a load, and after Blount goes Philly will need him to be Ajayi's backup and breather-back. But equating him to Blount is an insult to Blount's underrated career. We'll see, but Clement is unlikely to be talented enough to justify a 60-40 touch-share with Jay Ajayi.
but with his penchant for fumbles
Ajayi has 4 fumbles over 593 NFL touches.
HUNDRED PERCENT!

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 am

darewood11 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm 20 touches? I'll take that for rb2 all day and if he gets red zone touches next season def rb1 potential
between the 20s, like 20 yard line to 20 yard line. Not the red zone.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Ryantacular wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:40 am
darewood11 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:30 pm 20 touches? I'll take that for rb2 all day and if he gets red zone touches next season def rb1 potential
between the 20s, like 20 yard line to 20 yard line. Not the red zone.
I totally understood that...im saying he's Gona be getting around 20 touches a game next season possibly...ill take it

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Thoughts on Ajayi post Super Bowl?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Blount actually ran well today, so I understand giving him a lion's share, but man... it is frustrating that overall they haven't committed more to Ajayi since trading for him. It's really not unlike Watkins - both guys have been tremendously efficient, but without full workloads.

And I know, I know: "well it's working so why change it!" but c'mon! The talent discrepancy is obvious between Ajayi and Blount!

2018 should be better, assuming they don't re-sign LB (which they totally might). I'd expect Ajayi to soak up more red-zone and clock killing duties, and Clement to get more work as well. Plus they may well draft a guy on day 3.

This situation is much murkier than I expected, considering how well Ajayi has actually played.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:07 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 pm Blount actually ran well today, so I understand giving him a lion's share, but man... it is frustrating that overall they haven't committed more to Ajayi since trading for him. It's really not unlike Watkins - both guys have been tremendously efficient, but without full workloads.

And I know, I know: "well it's working so why change it!" but c'mon! The talent discrepancy is obvious between Ajayi and Blount!

2018 should be better, assuming they don't re-sign LB (which they totally might). I'd expect Ajayi to soak up more red-zone and clock killing duties, and Clement to get more work as well. Plus they may well draft a guy on day 3.

This situation is much murkier than I expected, considering how well Ajayi has actually played.
I hear you!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:15 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 pm Blount actually ran well today, so I understand giving him a lion's share, but man... it is frustrating that overall they haven't committed more to Ajayi since trading for him. It's really not unlike Watkins - both guys have been tremendously efficient, but without full workloads.

Blount was running hot tonight. Prior to tonight Ajayi had been out touching Blount 3 to 1 the last few games.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:13 pm

I think Ajayi is a very good player, but an average(below average in PPR) fantasy starter. It would not surprise me if he has 1 or 2 more good seasons in him, but it's looking more and more like RBBC for the majority of his career. If it's not Blount taking reps away from him next season, it'll likely be someone else. With Clement taking away 3rd downs and receptions, his PPR stock remains low. And there's always the knee concerns.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:21 am

I think Ajayi is plenty talented. The problem is that Doug Pederson has shown to be a very good coach when it comes to scheming for a specific opponent and changing game plans week to week. I think the PHI RBBC is going to be a headache to predict, much like NE. I'd be selling Ajayi where I can, and with LeGarrette Blount being a FA, I'd be buying Corey Clement where I can for a 3rd.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 am

I think Pederson is sorta using the New England approach with his RBs. Riding the hot hand at times and using multiple backs throughout the game/season. If I had to pick a RB to own on this team, it would obviously be Ajayi, but I'm beginning to question the usage. Logic says feed your best player 20 times a game, but we're beginning to see that's not always the case anymore. I do think Ajayi will still have a RB2 floor next season, but consistency will be an issue. I was also not as high on Clement as others in the past, but he's really impressed me in the playoffs. I see him taking over the Sproles role and getting the bulk of the passing game action, along with some runs throughout the game.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:34 am

I think Corey Clement is the guy to buy right now.

Ajayi's value is high, may be maxed. If Blount doesn't return, only Smallwood & Sproles are in the way of significant playing time for the explosive Clement.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:31 pm

fun with # through 3 years & 2 teams each !
ajayi 573 touches - 2731 yards 11 total tds nice 4.5 YPC Yards per touch 4.77
trichardson 727 touches - 2944 yards 19 tds sad 3.3 YPC Yards per touch 4.05
not the same guy- just pointing out that the difference between an outright flaming bust & an ALLEGED high upside cornerstone rb is sometimes in the perception rather than in the reality.
richardson was 2 months younger than ajayi when he played his last game , 1 year prior to that he was the colts new franchise centerpiece rb who with andrew luck would go on to take the horsepiles to the highest echelon ALLEGEDLY !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci