divisional round discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: divisional round discussion

Postby Valhalla » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:34 pm

jman3134 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:59 pm Only caught Jags game - Treadwell was a healthy scratch or just not targeted?
Targeted once and it was a defensive PI. He didn’t play much, as expected.

grooner
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby grooner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:09 am

Arg, that late td by diggs made me loose my cover on the game!! :( (just wanted to vent)

was a crazy game, pretty good playoffs so far.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 am

Vikings fan checking in. Sitting at my computer at work and still not entirely sure what happened. I can't process these emotions. Holy bleep
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:42 am

Blackout wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:57 pm Maybe one of three will have a Jake Delhomme day and force TB12 to play for the win until the last drive. But i really hope the veteran will have the last word...I dont wan't another meh QB winner as Namath, Johnson or Dilfer...
Here's a fun exercise. Compare the stats of the winning QBs of Super Bowls 35 and 36.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:26 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:20 am Vikings fan checking in. Sitting at my computer at work and still not entirely sure what happened. I can't process these emotions. Holy bleep
I'm with ya'. Between still being dumbfounded at what I was lucky to witness in person + the hangover, I'm not getting much done this morning.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 am

jman3134 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:20 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:15 pm
jman3134 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:13 pm Come on guys, this is important!
Haha, no he was active.
I'm half curious, mostly sarcastic lol.

What a monster Diggs is.
In my leagues he finished wr 22 and one place in front of Dez I wouldnt say beast lol..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 am

Tvols wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:15 pm Haha, no he was active.

What a monster Diggs is.
In my leagues he finished wr 22 and one place in front of Dez I wouldnt say beast lol..
That's the difference between fantasy and real life NFL. He is a real life beast. Fantasy relies on the QB and getting targets.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:19 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:55 am
Tvols wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:39 am

What a monster Diggs is.
That's the difference between fantasy and real life NFL. He is a real life beast. Fantasy relies on the QB and getting targets.
if your not producing in fantasy not sure you are tearing up the league either ..lol.. but i get diggs made a routine play and won the game for a bone play by saints def..

you guys are a diggs fan I am not but good luck in the NFC championship I see Minn eating the Eagles alive...
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Blackout wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm I really have a hard time enjoying those PO...for the first time since 10 years (I clearly think best teams, more experienced, have been in a surprising self-destruction more than having played against better opponents...Keenum, Bortles, Foles ? Really ?). Maybe the end of season comes at the right time...
Seems to me that you are overemphasizing the Qb and very much de-emphasizing the role of a talented Defense.

Philidephia's defense is legit. Jacksonville's is young and near elite (but they just did give up 40+ to Pitt), and Minnesota's Defense is down right one of the better defenses in recent memory. The outlier here is the N.E. defense. They better hope Tom Brady is kept upright and that he has time to throw. It won't be easy for N.E. to beat Jacksonville and it will be real tough to generate points for the AFC winner vs Phili or Mn.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:04 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm
Blackout wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm I really have a hard time enjoying those PO...for the first time since 10 years (I clearly think best teams, more experienced, have been in a surprising self-destruction more than having played against better opponents...Keenum, Bortles, Foles ? Really ?). Maybe the end of season comes at the right time...
Seems to me that you are overemphasizing the Qb and very much de-emphasizing the role of a talented Defense.

Philidephia's defense is legit. Jacksonville's is young and near elite (but they just did give up 40+ to Pitt), and Minnesota's Defense is down right one of the better defenses in recent memory. The outlier here is the N.E. defense. They better hope Tom Brady is kept upright and that he has time to throw. It won't be easy for N.E. to beat Jacksonville and it will be real tough to generate points for the AFC winner vs Phili or Mn.
While it's true the Pats D isn't as good as the remaining groups, their D is #1 in scoring defense since week 5. The job Patricia (and BB) has done is vastly underrated for anyone that does not follow them. Not to mention the complexity of the schemes that are run. It's going to be a long day for Bortles.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:28 pm

JFever wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Very good analysis of the situation in one sentence. I'm nostalgic of Warner, Manning, and soon Brady, Brees, Big Ben, Eli...This SB 2009 with the catch of Holmes at the last play, this David Tyree helmet catch and Plaxico TD in 2008...A Brees-Manning in 2010...The first Brady ring...My best memories. However i loved Steelers-Ravens rivalry with Reed, Lewis, Polamalu in SR with some 13-10 or 20-17 alike games and many OT...Perfect neutralization.There was so much tension, i was stressed. And liked that. I can't compare Vikes and Jags at the same level. Even if Rhodes is actually the best shutdown corner. Ramsey not far behind. If i must really have to see a SB, It would be a Pats-Eagles. Foles can step up in final. Because against NE you need a great defense but a great offense who can answer. Bortles and Keenum i doubt. I can definitely not deny the high level of dramaturgy and suspens of this edition and should stop living in the past glory to enjoy future in the NFL :)

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:19 pm

Defense can’t and shouldn’t be ignored. All these teams earned their spot. They didn’t luck into it (with maybe the exception of Foles throwing a big completion off the defenser’s knee in what should have been a boneheaded interception).
This is interesting:
Nfl defensive ranking (including all 32 teams) in points against:
Vikings #1. 15.8
Jaguars #2. 16.8
Eagles #4. 18.4
Patriots #5. 18.5

If you’re curious, #3 was the fairly underrated Chargers defense

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Yeah the defenses cannot be ignored at all. I dont think they are quite at the level the Seahawks were at their playoff prime or the Broncos the year they won. 40+ pts (Jags) ans 24 in the 2nd half alone at home deny that in my opinion. Nk matter how you want to spin it. But i love me some good defense, to some extent.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Valhalla wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:19 pm Defense can’t and shouldn’t be ignored. All these teams earned their spot. They didn’t luck into it (with maybe the exception of Foles throwing a big completion off the defenser’s knee in what should have been a boneheaded interception).
This is interesting:
Nfl defensive ranking (including all 32 teams) in points against:
Vikings #1. 15.8
Jaguars #2. 16.8
Eagles #4. 18.4
Patriots #5. 18.5

If you’re curious, #3 was the fairly underrated Chargers defense
I have long agreed with the mantra that defense wins championships; but when you combine a top 5 defense with Brady & BB; that spells trouble for everyone else.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:48 pm

Friction wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:35 pm Yeah the defenses cannot be ignored at all. I dont think they are quite at the level the Seahawks were at their playoff prime or the Broncos the year they won. 40+ pts (Jags) and 24 in the 2nd half alone at home (MN) deny that in my opinion. No matter how you want to spin it. But i love me some good defense, to some extent.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry