divisional round discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: divisional round discussion

Postby ericanadian » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:56 am

Servo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:51 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:16 pmI can do that too.
The Saints should not have advanced, bottom line. They didn't hold a lead in the game once until 25 seconds were left on the clock, barely making it into field goal range on somewhat of a prayer of a 4th down throw. They blew their chance to get a simple first down that would have assured it was zero seconds left while their field goal sailed through. They then blew their defensive coverage, twice. They BLEW IT IN MULTIPLE WAYS.
We get it, not even the word homer applies to your fandom but the Vikings blew that game and should have lost. Let's just go ahead and discredit the Saints along with one of the best comebacks in playoff history. Yeah, the Saints didn't pick up a 1st down before their FG but who says that Diggs even gets out of bounds with the ~4 seconds that were left on the clock as he caught the ball followed by a semi-competent tackle from Williams or the fact that MIN would have had a what? 52 minimum yard FG attempt if he did get out?

MIN advanced on one of the worst defensive plays in recent memory, and some may say it's up there as one of the worst ever. Call it "playing through the whistle" or "never giving up" or "we practice it every week"....blah blah blah, it was luck.
The Sendejo injury played a big part in the Saints comeback. He went down just before Thomas' first touchdown. Not sure how that is any less lucky than being the beneficiary of a bad tackle.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:11 am

Iggles are only +135 right now on the money line. My hedge is not looking as strong. On the flip side, my friend Mush went all in on the Queens for $2500. We have been waiting 22 years and counting for him to show us a winning gambling slip of any kind....
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 pm And Brady hurt his hand at practice.
Oh boy.
And didn't do much at practice today either. I can't imagine he's not out there on Sunday, but will this affect his play, and if so how much?

Good thing they've got a solid backup in Garoppo.......Uhm, nevermind. :doh:
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:01 pm
Phaded wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:17 pm And Brady hurt his hand at practice.
Oh boy.
And didn't do much at practice today either. I can't imagine he's not out there on Sunday, but will this affect his play, and if so how much?

Good thing they've got a solid backup in Garoppo.......Uhm, nevermind. :doh:
Even if they still had Jimmy G it wouldn't matter. No way they'd even consider benching Brady

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:37 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:24 pm Even if they still had Jimmy G it wouldn't matter. No way they'd even consider benching Brady
As I say, I fully expect Brady to be out there. But if he can't effectively grip and throw the ball and find themselves in a hole? It sure would have been nice to be able to turn to someone with years of experience in the system.

I imagine Stafford's hand injury was worse and he didn't miss any time. Just figured I'd stir the pot. Don't you imagine this thought at least passed through BB's mind?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:26 pm

Anyone else think this is just smoke by the Pats? This reeks of smoke.

Blackout
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Blackout » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Yes it's just smoke. SOUNDS LIKE A JOB FOR SMOKIN' JAY ! Oh hurt my thumb, i'm done, i give up :lol:

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 am

if he is hurt too bad for the pats my steelers lost as they gave up hitting qbs in playoffs he would still be safe ! - It won't matter ,his hand could be in a cast and pats would just line up and run the ball 60 times and beat the jags 17 -7 . Some practice squad fb from south alaska state or dubuque college will have 160 yards rushing and 2 tds .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:55 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:23 am ...Some practice squad fb from south alaska state or dubuque college will have 160 yards rushing and 2 tds .
:lol: Sounds about right...
I think it's a ruse. They're just trying to get the Jaguars to gameplan against the run more. The Pats will avoid the elite DBs and go after the LBs with quick passes, which is where Brady thrives anyways.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:20 am

We've all learned that NE cannot be trusted. They play the media game more than any other franchise in history. This is all much to do about nothing most likely. In reality, Thing is, Jacksonville has a very strong Lb corp. VERY good defensive backs, and very strong front 4. And, I'm assuming that If we know that D.Lewis and short passing game needs to be accounted for - so does Jacksonville. I'm certain they aren't that worried about the deep game, nor are they overly concerned with N.E's power run game between the tackles. By all accounts, even a Healthy Brady will have to play a close to flawless game. Interject a lucky turnover or two and ..... well, Jacksonville may just advance. I know that blows everyone's mind but if you just look back at the NE victories - they are all very very close.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:25 am

This means that in order for NE to put up a high scoring game, they'll likely have to have longer sustained drives throughout the game. That is tough to do vs a strong defense that excels in pressure and take aways. If I'm a NE fan, I'm quite nervous. To ignore the current matchup vs Jacksonville's young and talented Defense - and rely heavily on NE's historical performance is an elementary and over simplified way of weighing this matchup.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am

I agree that Jacksonville is formidable on defense, but that seems to be where the conversation is being dominated. The fact is, Bortles still has to make enough plays to actually win an AFC championship game, on the road against BB. I'm no more "nervous" as a NE fan than I have been in past AFC championship games, and was definitely more nervous for every time they tilted off against Peyton. Probably more similar to the Pats - Ravens playoff matchups, but the Ravens were much more experienced so they probably worried me more. Sure, Jacksonville can win, but if I was a fan of each 4 remaining teams, NE would be who I had the least amount concern over.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:36 pm

Ghosted wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:52 am I agree that Jacksonville is formidable on defense, but that seems to be where the conversation is being dominated. The fact is, Bortles still has to make enough plays to actually win an AFC championship game, on the road against BB. I'm no more "nervous" as a NE fan than I have been in past AFC championship games, and was definitely more nervous for every time they tilted off against Peyton. Probably more similar to the Pats - Ravens playoff matchups, but the Ravens were much more experienced so they probably worried me more. Sure, Jacksonville can win, but if I was a fan of each 4 remaining teams, NE would be who I had the least amount concern over.

Do you think perhaps that your call here has something to do with past N.E. teams? I'm quite sure that due to the recent dominance of the Patriot organization has a ton to do with how some are looking at this matchup. Now, I don't disagree with anyone thinking that N.E. has the best chance to win out of the 4 remaining playoff teams. I myself lean toward the defensively oriented teams when it comes to championship chances this year. Heck, that Patriot organization is on a historic / never seen before in any professional sport - streak of success. BB is without a doubt the most successful head coach of all time as it pertains to super bowl championships. He is brilliant. But..... on the other side of the field is a coach / consultant by the name of Tom Coughlin. For the record.... Coughlin is responsible for 2 Bill Belichick super bowl losses. I'm not dismissing that.

Now, all past performances aside. Only looking at rosters, strengths, weaknesses, coaches, OC, DC, assistants, etc. I see this as much more of a question than if we looked at just the N.E. Patriots organization and their recent playoff record vs the Jacksonville Jaguars organization and their recent history.

I agree with your point that Bortles will still have to lead his offense, pick up first downs, protect the ball, kill time, etc. No doubt there. It does seem to me though that the Patriot defense is susceptible to the run. Bortles can run. LF can run. As long as Bortles doesn't turn the ball over and give up good field position to Brady, I see it as likely that Jacksonville bucks the odds, and wins this game.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:40 pm

I like Sacksonville. Don't care if I am in the minority. I think JAC will adjust on defense and break through the Pats o line. Blake will get great field position and this will drive the L.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:42 pm

Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd