Shakeup in Seattle

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shakeup in Seattle

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:28 am

There was some discussion in the Arizona Cardinals thread about the Seahawks, but after the events of the last 24 hours I figured I'd start a thread discussing the direction Seattle will take moving forward. No more Darrell Bevell, No more Kris Richard, and they may not be done cleaning house yet.

So while it was immediately speculated Steve Sarkisian would leave Atlanta to return to the Pacific Northwest, Dan Quinn quickly shot down that rumor. That said, who will be the new OC and DC of the Seahawks? What direction do you think they'll take the team in Pete Carroll's re-boot?

There will be player turnover as well with Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson as free agents. Cliff Avril and Kam Chancellor may not be medically cleared to return to the team. Richard Sherman is coming of the Achilles surgery, and Michael Bennett seems to be falling out of favor.

There's a lot of change on the horizon. What do you think this team will look like in 2018?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Shakeup in Seattle

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:42 am

CJ PRO! ALL U NEED 2 KNOW
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 am

Don't know who'll take over as the coordinators, but I wouldn't be surprised if they went after one of the top free agent WRs. I don't ever recall seeing them mentioned as a destination for guys like Arob/Sammy or any other top free agent WR, but it would make a ton of sense for both side...assuming they'd have the cap space to make a move like that.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 am

Their main goal should be to revamp the o-line to the max, worst line in the NFL

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 am Their main goal should be to revamp the o-line to the max, worst line in the NFL
Definitely agree with this. Just not sure how many good lineman are available via free agency, so they might have to rely on the draft for that.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:11 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:04 pm
pokerface40 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:50 am Their main goal should be to revamp the o-line to the max, worst line in the NFL
Definitely agree with this. Just not sure how many good lineman are available via free agency, so they might have to rely on the draft for that.
This for certain. Trouble is, I don't think this is supposed to be that strong of a draft for O-linemen. They grabbed a couple of vets last year with Joeckel, and Duane Brown and maybe an offseason with them working together along the line will provide some cohesion?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 pm

Is it at all likely that someone in their own regime gets promoted to OC? Wondering cause I was surprised somewhat Bevell was canned.

Also saw a report that the DC is not expected back as well..
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:03 pm

CK_ wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:16 pm Is it at all likely that someone in their own regime gets promoted to OC? Wondering cause I was surprised somewhat Bevell was canned.

Also saw a report that the DC is not expected back as well..
Well, the only coach on staff who could potentially fill the OC vacancy from my point of view is Tom Cable. Of course he's been an O-line coach most of his career, but he did have a brief stint as the Raiders head coach, and he's considered and assistant head coach now. I'm not sure that's the direction they'll go though.

And yes, Kris Richard is being let go as the defensive coordinator. New blood will take that position moving forward.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:36 pm

If they could just clone Russell Wilson, he's already the best QB and RB on that team...
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 pm

I thought I saw some statistical breakdown somewhere about Wilson's career to date...breaking down specifically his effectiveness of throwing while scrambling vs throwing from the pocket. The results (if I am remembering this correctly) were that he is VASTLY better throwing on the run (like historically good), and just a bit below your average QB throwing from the pocket. If that's true, maybe they are investing in other areas before the line for good reason.
That...or the statistics of his passing from the pocket are only BECAUSE his line is so bad.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 pm I thought I saw some statistical breakdown somewhere about Wilson's career to date...breaking down specifically his effectiveness of throwing while scrambling vs throwing from the pocket. The results (if I am remembering this correctly) were that he is VASTLY better throwing on the run (like historically good), and just a bit below your average QB throwing from the pocket. If that's true, maybe they are investing in other areas before the line for good reason.
That...or the statistics of his passing from the pocket are only BECAUSE his line is so bad.
The dude is a pygmy. No wonder he throws better out of the pocket, he can actually see the field.

:lol:

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:09 pm
Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:07 pm I thought I saw some statistical breakdown somewhere about Wilson's career to date...breaking down specifically his effectiveness of throwing while scrambling vs throwing from the pocket. The results (if I am remembering this correctly) were that he is VASTLY better throwing on the run (like historically good), and just a bit below your average QB throwing from the pocket. If that's true, maybe they are investing in other areas before the line for good reason.
The dude is a pygmy. No wonder he throws better out of the pocket, he can actually see the field.

He was also a very high level baseball player (2nd base?). He's maybe just the type of athlete that can throw more accurately with his body in motion, rather than stationary feet...just going through the flow and not thinking or striving for form as much.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm

I have read essentially the same thing somewhere. One of the reasons he was a 3rd round pick was his height, he simply cannot read the field many times while in the pocket.

I think the people who feel SEA will be fine are not dealing with reality. This is an old team with a lot of 'names' and not nearly as much talent. Wilson lifts SEA in the same way Rodgers lifts GB. The fact that they finally got rid of Bevell seems to indicate that the front office is ready to reboot. I think many of the 'names' will be let go. Wilson could be the beneficiary as possibly an OC with more passing focus could be brought in....

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Idk how much truth there is too it, and I also don’t remember when exactly or who said it, but I do recall seeing a tweet that the Hawks would be open to trading Russell Wilson. I originally thought it wasn’t much. But after thinking about it, they would be crazy to do it, but they could potienially speed up the cleaning house/ rebuilding aspects.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:49 pm

dm1129 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:17 pm I think the people who feel SEA will be fine are not dealing with reality. This is an old team with a lot of 'names' and not nearly as much talent. Wilson lifts SEA in the same way Rodgers lifts GB. The fact that they finally got rid of Bevell seems to indicate that the front office is ready to reboot. I think many of the 'names' will be let go. Wilson could be the beneficiary as possibly an OC with more passing focus could be brought in....
I kind of agree with you DM. This is clearly a reboot, and the jury will be out until August when we get a chance to see how the new pieces work together (both players and coaches). I don't know that the team will look to go "pass heavy" under Carroll, as that's not his preferred style of play. He truly does want to have balance in the run/pass game but the team they fielded in 2017 was totally incapable of delivering that balance.
ZPalmtree wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm Idk how much truth there is too it, and I also don’t remember when exactly or who said it, but I do recall seeing a tweet that the Hawks would be open to trading Russell Wilson. I originally thought it wasn’t much. But after thinking about it, they would be crazy to do it, but they could potienially speed up the cleaning house/ rebuilding aspects.
Look how many teams in the league would KILL for a quality starting QB. A reboot doesn't mean throwing the baby out with the bathwater. There is no way they trade Wilson as long as Carroll is the coach. His contract is quite reasonable for a starter through 2019, so I'm confident he'll be with the team at least that long.