so what actions will DLF take?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: so what actions will DLF take?

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:25 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pmAll those defending DLF by saying that they don’t need to take action- I agree with you! But they DID take action. They deleted a detailed account corroborated by multiple users in order to protect a liar and a thief.
I suppose that's an accurate observation as well. That said, what's done is likely done, unless the thread can be returned and 'cleaned up'. My earlier take was focused on the moving forward view now that it is gone.

I too wish the thread was locked and not deleted. It most accurately captured the multiple leagues where he wronged people or the league overall, supported by multiple users who were in those leagues. It obviously provided the most damning depiction of his actions, of which i've already even been PM'd requesting additional information on what happened and was missed...as the follow-up threads don't provide the full context, leaving the original issue at hand to be lost. As such, I have attempted to summarize it for folks as follows:

1. Don't trust Coogan as your Commissioner: He will change rules on the fly to cater to his interests despite the leagues preferences and may take your money through means unrelated to fantasy football itself
2. Don't invite Coogan to join a new League: He will butcher the draft, demand rule changes to accommodate him, make personal attacks, and secretly attempt to have LeagueSafe refund his money behind the scenes so he can bail.
3. Don't invite Coogan to join an existing League: He will complain about the rules and potentially bail mid-draft, presumably without having made any payment.

KingsKing
Captain
Captain

Postby KingsKing » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:27 pm

Agreed , this whole thing stinks. DLF is protecting a thief and fraud and putting other owners at future risk. I can understand them locking the thread but outright deleting it stinks. I've been a paying member here for 4-5 years and i enjoy this place but this is making me think long and hard about taking my business elsewhere.

Quinty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Quinty » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:37 pm

dlf_kenm wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:42 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:35 pm You don’t have to protect your users, but this dude committed the two cardinal sins of fantasy football- stealing and cheating- and you deleted the thread where his horrible acts were detailed and confirmed.

I get deleting personal attacks, but you’re allowing a thief in your house.
As I said, we cannot act as judge or jury. The accusations may sound credible, but we cannot definitively confirm their veracity. All we can do is control what happens within the walls of this community. If anyone does something in this forum that is inappropriate, we will respond accordingly.
From the original thread

pierson242 wrote
We decide that since the league is over anyone who paid future dues should get their money back. Well he tells us he is going to replace all 15 teams and that the league will go on without us, no refunds. Well he goes on to give a few people there money back. Heres the kicker, we get MFL to copy the league for us so we can go on without him, however they tell us they copied the league but he has deleted all rosters so it appears the league is either over, or restarting, meaning everyone should be refunded their money for the league that is no more.
Coogan wrote
A handful of teams that left on good terms were given back their deposit for trading away future picks, but he conveniently left that part out.
That sure sounds like he's admitting to keeping some of the money from his leaguemates. Sounds like a thief to me.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

^^^^^ You have the original thread? What is this sorcery? You should post StableofRBs final post.

derekhiny
Captain
Captain

Postby derekhiny » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:07 pm

So I've had the flu and been totally out of commission for the last 4 days. I feel like I've missed something ... lol
12 Team Full Point PPR / IDP

QB - A-Rod, Russ Wilson, Lamar Jax,
RB - Zeke, DJ, Ingram, J Howard, Penny, Ware
WR - Nuk, Julio, D Adams, Cooks, A Cooper, Kirk, E Sanders, Albert Wilson, Deon Cain, Brandon Powell, Lasley
TE - Kittle, Delanie, Goedert, Brate, Eifert, Shaheen
DE - Hunter, Melvin Ingram, JPP, Fowler, Nassib, Golden, Turay
LB - Keuchley, Telvin, Deion Jones, Fred Warner
DB - Bates, John Johnson, McDougald, Justin Reid, Geathers, R Harrison, Whitehead

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:10 pm

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm ^^^^^ You have the original thread? What is this sorcery? You should post StableofRBs final post.
Weird too, because those are the exact same bolded passages I used in my last post to point out that Pierson had indeed admitted Brian had refunded some of the money when he claimed, "A handful of teams that left on good terms were given back their deposit for trading away future picks, but he conveniently left that part out."

I then posed the question, what exactly is meant by "good terms"? I also asked where the money went from those owners who were deemed not to have left on good terms.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm

I don't understand what people accomplish by stating their opinion on DLFs action on the matter. Are you guys expecting them to change their decision based on your opinion? At this point nothing positive is taking place. Maybe moving forward the mods will change the way the facilitate users creating leagues or something of the sort. Or maybe DLF will incorporate a rating system of users based on the users interactions with other users. I'm not sure but trying to help the situation.

This is without a doubt the best dynasty league community in the world. Let's try and get back to football ladies and gentlemen.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:25 pm

It isn't DLFs job to police fantasy leagues outside of this site. So while I would have liked to read the full post, I don't think it should change anyone's opinion of this place.

I also don't think such a post needs to be stickied because it generally just hurts engagement and is an eyesore. As someone who moderates other internet forums, these actions are way too much.

My proposal is to block coogs ability to send PMs. If this can't be done with the current board setup, something further should be done. His ability to recruit privately needs to be eliminated to remove the threat that this could serve to the integrity of this site. While it isn't DLFs duty to investigate claims and get people's money back, they can prevent this user's recruitment actions moving forward. Assuring users that something will be done can help restore faith in administration if it is wavering.

My proposal is to make a board rule that you cannot recruit for dynasty leagues via private message. It should be public and above board.

I didn't comment until I realized that this might make some solid users (phaded) leave. Wouldn't want to see that.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm I don't understand what people accomplish by stating their opinion on DLFs action on the matter. Are you guys expecting them to change their decision based on your opinion? At this point nothing positive is taking place. Maybe moving forward the mods will change the way the facilitate users creating leagues or something of the sort. Or maybe DLF will incorporate a rating system of users based on the users interactions with other users. I'm not sure but trying to help the situation.

This is without a doubt the best dynasty league community in the world. Let's try and get back to football ladies and gentlemen.
You ask why people are giving their opinions.

Then you list multiple positive/productive changes DLF could make by taking people's opinions into account.

I think you may have accidentally answered your own question.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm

A disclaimer on front page that you join paid leagues at your own risk and that DLF assumes no responsibility for the reimbursement of funds or the indictment of those convicted of stealing in the court of public opinion. Join a paid league at your own risk.
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
K:

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:48 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 pm agree with ghosted , Ken has laid out DLF perspective it is what I expected and probably their only true course . I do know that spam threads looking to swindle peoples $ get axed quick as they should and what has been accused is even worse I think any action to rebuke said offender up to the point of restricting his ability to ever recruit for a league on DLF forums should at least be considered. If he were to even attempt to do that the thread should get yanked faster than a rabbit gets ...............
Overseeing a deal like this I can only imagine is like being a commish a generally thankless task only on a supersized scale , this is the best online community I have been a part for any length of time and at least Ken & his gang allowed people to state their case as thread lasted 6 or 7 pages before getting axed and many eyes gazed upon his atrocities and that cannot be unseen . So thanks to DLF for that at least and thanks for warehousing the best dynasty site in the industry bar none.
Problem is, he usually recruits by sending private messages and not necessarily starting threads (maybe he does that too, I don't know. But speaking from personal experience, he reached out to me last summer via private message asking if I wanted to join his league. In that case, there's not much anyone will be able to do and new members will never know this really is an issue.

Same here when I first joined the forum.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:52 pm

ConnSKINS26 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:29 pm
ImaRounder wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:18 pm I don't understand what people accomplish by stating their opinion on DLFs action on the matter. Are you guys expecting them to change their decision based on your opinion? At this point nothing positive is taking place. Maybe moving forward the mods will change the way the facilitate users creating leagues or something of the sort. Or maybe DLF will incorporate a rating system of users based on the users interactions with other users. I'm not sure but trying to help the situation.

You ask why people are giving their opinions.

Then you list multiple positive/productive changes DLF could make by taking people's opinions into account.

I think you may have accidentally answered your own question.
Yes. I guess the difference would be they're giving their opinion on something that has already happened while my opinion could be solutions for the future.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:55 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm A disclaimer on front page that you join paid leagues at your own risk and that DLF assumes no responsibility for the reimbursement of funds or the indictment of those convicted of stealing in the court of public opinion. Join a paid league at your own risk.
That protects the DLF site. The idea is to protect its users.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:55 pm
jman3134 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm A disclaimer on front page that you join paid leagues at your own risk and that DLF assumes no responsibility for the reimbursement of funds or the indictment of those convicted of stealing in the court of public opinion. Join a paid league at your own risk.
So DLF moderators should police other sites to make sure users are protected? Be realistic.
K:

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:58 pm

jman3134 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:56 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:55 pm
So DLF moderators should police other sites to make sure users are protected? Be realistic.
Yeah, I was thinking the same until I realized that's impossible unless DLF hosted the leagues.