so what actions will DLF take?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

so what actions will DLF take?

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 am

to protect its members who help pay the bills in premium subscribers case or help pay the bills with the thousands of daily clicks that help sell advertising.
What steps will the DLF brass take when a bad actor is exposed just lock the thread to prevent a little bit of conflict ? Once locked it quickly disappears thus not providing a warning to future people that stumble into an obvious tar pit .
Lock it and then pin it to the top of the commish or discussion thread a warning list sort of like a BBB report ?
Just delete it and let people get stung in perpetuity when willfully disregarding obvious bad actors is nearly the same as sponsoring their actions ?

I could absolutely see deleting a thread where a person were getting thrashed with no credible source but when 10 or 20 people that are respected on here are banging the same drum I would damned sure be careful about protecting the rights of the 1 over the rights of the many ESPECIALLY WHEN FRAUD OR THEFT IS TESTIFIED TO have occurred by several members of a league.
Being a horrid commish is one thing but looking the other way when people had their funds absconded. :nono:

IF not then for sure DLF can never write or air any piece advocating a veto as that is (allegedly) protecting the interests of the many over the rights of the individual .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: so what actions will DLF take?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:54 am

Honestly, it's a tough one. While certainly the Coogste deserves that thread to stick here... How can this forum craft a rule/policy that allows for a handful of anonymous posters, who have little or no evidence but their statements, to basically defame someone (possibly justifiably)? This is a very slippery slope for the forum and something that I sort of understand from an administrative angle. Where would they draw the line? 5 accusations, 3?

I think the lesson here is that people need to be more careful and heed the basic tenets of dynasty leagues (all enshrined in Jules' sticky thread in the help wanted section). Personally, that thread should be stuck to the top of this forum as well. We also all need to be a little better in PMs and amongst our leagues to point out, within the privacy of our leagues, bad actors and bad experiences that we've had. Though that can also be difficult as most of us use aliases and very likely someone can just start with a clean slate if they catch on to being caught on.

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:55 am

Couldn't have said it better myself CC. I wish I could copy and paste the PM's I have been exchanging with the mods regarding this. Cliff Notes: they are going to the source (shady commish in question) to try to 'fix' the problem so it doesn't happen again. :wall: Also basically that they can't have threads about potential shady commissioners as it is heresy, and that we should all just exercise caution when joining a league.

That last part is true in that we should all be careful. You should always have leaguesafe with member-approved allocation if you don't know and trust the commish 110%.

That said I still think it's a damn shame that the original thread was deleted in it's entirety, as we never got the chance to hear him defend himself on the detailed, scathing allegations that StableofRBs laid out.
Last edited by pokerface40 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:56 am

Just for the record this was a statement made by dlf_kenm after the 1st post thread was deleted and mine was locked...

"If the intent of the initial post was to provide a cautionary warning, then that warning seems to have been served..."

I'm not sure how this statement can be accurate if the initial warning was deleted, and the second thread locked only to fade away into the abyss of old posts when the initial thread was up for roughly 24 hours, and the second less than 2?? That doesn't seem like a sufficient amount of time to "provide a cautionary warning" to this community.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:03 am

It's like a city removing a stop sign because it makes them look bad even though people keep having car accidents.
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 am

Who knows but all I can tell you it's been the wild west out here since no one is around to police these new lurkers, only asking questions for their own interest. Sheesh, today I can across TWO (2) different instances where members posted at least 3 times, asking for advice without commenting on others in the past 24 hours. What is this world coming to!
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 am

If Coogan has ripped you off put a "me too" or "time's up Coogan" hashtag in your signature. :lol:
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:21 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 am If Coogan has ripped you off put a "me too" or "time's up Coogan" hashtag in your signature. :lol:
Shouldn't be comparing "Me too" with this. Even in jest, this is incredibly inappropriate and insensitive.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 am

leaving my personal opinion out of all of this, there is really nothing DLF can do? disable the account, sure. all that would do is force said person to create a new email and profile. unfortunately that is the internet.

Sterling Archer
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Sterling Archer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:39 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 am If Coogan has ripped you off put a "me too" or "time's up Coogan" hashtag in your signature. :lol:
:lol:

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 am

Didn't take it as insensitive man. I actually thought it was pretty clever :clap:

Although I am extremely cynical, so maybe I shouldn't be the best judge.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:52 am

The thing everyone seems to forget is that there is no real “freedom of speech” on a privately owned message board. The mods/admins have the right to lock or delete any thread or post for whatever reason they choose. It’s up to the users to decide if the rules of any forum are to their liking or not and then decide accordingly whether or not to post there. In this case, I have no doubt that if Coogan tried to start another league on these forums, the thread would be deluged with warnings against joining. So I think the point has been made and we can all go back to overvaluing Derek Carr and complaining about vetos.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Props to the mods for their handling of this. This isn't a place to air individual grievances.

I believe that the initial post made it's point and that the regular members of this forum will be vigilant in steering newcomers away from Coogan related leagues. It's not their job to play god here - if they don't want posts calling out specific users, that's well within their rights as forum owners.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:06 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:24 am leaving my personal opinion out of all of this, there is really nothing DLF can do? disable the account, sure. all that would do is force said person to create a new email and profile. unfortunately that is the internet.
Actually wouldn't be hard to almost completely negate him from the forums. They see what IPs he has logged into the forums with and can disable the account and block all known IPs without interfering with anyone else's account. He would need to go to a local library or change internet providers or get a VPN to then be able to login again.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:29 pm

So, to be clear, DLF’s plan is to 1. Not ban this thief, and 2. Delete threads warning people that he’s a thief.

Okay then.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF