so what actions will DLF take?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: so what actions will DLF take?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm

I still think it’s odd to say “these things self correct” and then take deliberate action to prevent self-correction.

All those defending DLF by saying that they don’t need to take action- I agree with you! But they DID take action. They deleted a detailed account corroborated by multiple users in order to protect a liar and a thief.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

ejmfantasy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ejmfantasy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:14 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:03 pm Do regret not taking a screen shot of The Coogster's line-up in his signature.

:lol:
This is his signature in a PM he sent me a while ago, warning me not to post questions without answering some first lol...
He also gave me the extremely wise tip of updating my signature to include my rosters, which by the way, I had done long before that message came lmao..

12 team 6pts all TDs/.5ppr/SFlex/ balanced IDP, scoring est. 2008
Start QB,SF,2RB,3WR,TE,2Flex,3DL,3LB,3DB,2DFlex
3x Champion 2015, 2016, 2017
QB: Brees, Luck, Prescott, McCarron, C.Kelly, Peterman
RB: Elliott, Gurley, Hunt, Kamara, Gordon, Howard, McCaffrey, J.Williams,
WR: Julio, Hopkins, M.Thomas, TY, Watkins, Kupp, C.Davis, Thomas (LA), Carroo, Switzer, Tr. Taylor
TE: Olsen, Engram, Howard, Fleener, Swoope
DL: Watt, Mack, C.Jordan, Bosa, D.Hunter, Clowney, Armstead
LB: Kuechly, Ogletree, Mosley, McKinney, R.Foster, Bucannon, Z.Cunningham, Anzalone, ShaqT,
, Goodson, Pullard,
DB: H.Smith, Vaccaro, B.Jones, Neal, Adoree, K.Joseph, Geathers, M.Maye, J.Jones, D Thompson

Don't be the guy that asks for advice without giving some out yourself
#WhoDat
World Devy Championship: 18 Teams, 10 Devy, 0.5 PPR, 20 + 3 IR
QB: Bradford, Rosen, Fitzpatrick
RB: Bell, Mack, CJ Anderson, Clement, Smallwood, Stewart, AP, Wadley
WR: Gabriel, D-Jax, Z. Jones, Carroo, Dede, Bourne, Hollins
TE: B. Watson, Goedert
Devy: Drew Lock, Khalan Laborn, Salvon Ahmed, Benny Snell, Master Teague, Jordyn Adams, Mychale Salahuddin, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers, Colby Parkinson

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Funny thing is, Coogan is the one who started the personal attacks towards Pierson (if I remember correctly) when he finally responded.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 pm

agree with ghosted , Ken has laid out DLF perspective it is what I expected and probably their only true course . I do know that spam threads looking to swindle peoples $ get axed quick as they should and what has been accused is even worse I think any action to rebuke said offender up to the point of restricting his ability to ever recruit for a league on DLF forums should at least be considered. If he were to even attempt to do that the thread should get yanked faster than a rabbit gets ...............
Overseeing a deal like this I can only imagine is like being a commish a generally thankless task only on a supersized scale , this is the best online community I have been a part for any length of time and at least Ken & his gang allowed people to state their case as thread lasted 6 or 7 pages before getting axed and many eyes gazed upon his atrocities and that cannot be unseen . So thanks to DLF for that at least and thanks for warehousing the best dynasty site in the industry bar none.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

ejmfantasy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ejmfantasy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm Funny thing is, Coogan is the one who started the personal attacks towards Pierson (if I remember correctly) when he finally responded.
Aww man, Coogan replied and I missed it? :wall: :thumbdown:
Devy: Drew Lock, Khalan Laborn, Salvon Ahmed, Benny Snell, Master Teague, Jordyn Adams, Mychale Salahuddin, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers, Colby Parkinson

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:24 pm

So what happens when he starts posting here and people call him out for being a cheater and a thief?

You guys gonna delete all those posts too?

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:24 pm So what happens when he starts posting here and people call him out for being a cheater and a thief?

You guys gonna delete all those posts too?
Not unless Coogan gets one of those volunteer mod positions. No man will have that much time to spare!

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:19 pm agree with ghosted , Ken has laid out DLF perspective it is what I expected and probably their only true course . I do know that spam threads looking to swindle peoples $ get axed quick as they should and what has been accused is even worse I think any action to rebuke said offender up to the point of restricting his ability to ever recruit for a league on DLF forums should at least be considered. If he were to even attempt to do that the thread should get yanked faster than a rabbit gets ...............
Overseeing a deal like this I can only imagine is like being a commish a generally thankless task only on a supersized scale , this is the best online community I have been a part for any length of time and at least Ken & his gang allowed people to state their case as thread lasted 6 or 7 pages before getting axed and many eyes gazed upon his atrocities and that cannot be unseen . So thanks to DLF for that at least and thanks for warehousing the best dynasty site in the industry bar none.
Problem is, he usually recruits by sending private messages and not necessarily starting threads (maybe he does that too, I don't know. But speaking from personal experience, he reached out to me last summer via private message asking if I wanted to join his league. In that case, there's not much anyone will be able to do and new members will never know this really is an issue.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:18 pm Funny thing is, Coogan is the one who started the personal attacks towards Pierson (if I remember correctly) when he finally responded.
Correct.

And I actually commented on that, and his lack of any explanation for the shenanigans he was accused of. He basically brushed-off the criticism by characterizing Pierson as a whiny owner. "Kill the messenger". But I don't think many/any people saw that post before the thread was deleted.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ejmfantasy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ejmfantasy » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:43 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:38 pm
Correct.

And I actually commented on that, and his lack of any explanation for the shenanigans he was accused of. He basically brushed-off the criticism by characterizing Pierson as a whiny owner. "Kill the messenger". But I don't think many/any people saw that post before the thread was deleted.
I didn't unfortunately... I would have liked to.

4tdsIn1game4PolkHigh
Rookie
Rookie

Postby 4tdsIn1game4PolkHigh » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:46 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:42 am to protect its members who help pay the bills in premium subscribers case or help pay the bills with the thousands of daily clicks that help sell advertising.
What steps will the DLF brass take when a bad actor is exposed just lock the thread to prevent a little bit of conflict ? Once locked it quickly disappears thus not providing a warning to future people that stumble into an obvious tar pit .
Lock it and then pin it to the top of the commish or discussion thread a warning list sort of like a BBB report ?
Just delete it and let people get stung in perpetuity when willfully disregarding obvious bad actors is nearly the same as sponsoring their actions ?

I could absolutely see deleting a thread where a person were getting thrashed with no credible source but when 10 or 20 people that are respected on here are banging the same drum I would damned sure be careful about protecting the rights of the 1 over the rights of the many ESPECIALLY WHEN FRAUD OR THEFT IS TESTIFIED TO have occurred by several members of a league.
Being a horrid commish is one thing but looking the other way when people had their funds absconded. :nono:

IF not then for sure DLF can never write or air any piece advocating a veto as that is (allegedly) protecting the interests of the many over the rights of the individual .
Did you try clearing your cache?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 pm

Honestly the fact that they outright deleted the thread rather than just lock it and leave it up does not sit well with me.

I understand their position but they should also be doing everything possible to allow awareness to their members.

They are basically (albeit possibly unintentionally) supporting the person and allowing him to potentially carry on with questionable behaviour. Not to mention support someone who constantly attacks others and says things that have no belonging here yet they continue to allow it.

Proverbial straw that broke the camels back for me here, my opinion of this place has officially and unfortunately changed.
Last edited by Phaded on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConnSKINS26
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ConnSKINS26 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:06 pm

ejmfantasy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:21 pm
Aww man, Coogan replied and I missed it? :wall: :thumbdown:
He did not directly address the accusations in the two posts I saw. In the first one, he accused the OP of being a whiny malcontent. Did not express any remorse or even mention any of the direct, detailed accusations.

His second post, and the last I saw, was a short one where he quoted someone criticizing his actions, posted the laugh emoticon, and told them to go back to Reddit because they only had two posts here.

He clearly didn't understand the gravity of peoples' concerns, didn't think it was necessary to defend his actions, and thought his high volume of posts here granted him some sort of power compared to others.

Seems like a disgusting individual just based on those responses to a really detailed account of his dynasty "crimes". Especially for someone who clearly has a lot invested, emotionally, in his perception as some type of "dynasty expert" and dynasty community leader.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:37 pm
Problem is, he usually recruits by sending private messages and not necessarily starting threads (maybe he does that too, I don't know. But speaking from personal experience, he reached out to me last summer via private message asking if I wanted to join his league. In that case, there's not much anyone will be able to do and new members will never know this really is an issue.
I got one of those too. I decided against it (due to simply learning from being a long-time reader on DLF forums) and am happy I did. Talk about drama.
If I were new to the forums and dynasty in general, a PM from a total unknown to me that seemingly has a decent posting reputation (GOAT) might tempt me into joining his league.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:13 pm

Phaded wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:04 pm Honestly the fact that they outright deleted the thread rather than just lock it and leave it up does not sit well with me.

I understand their position but they should also be doing everything possible to allow awareness to their members.

They are basically (albeit possibly unintentionally) supporting the person and allowing him to potentially carry on with questionable behaviour. Not to mention support someone who constantly attacks others and says things that have no belonging here yet they continue to allow it.

Proverbial straw that broke the camels back for me here, my opinion of this place has officially and unfortunately changed.
Perfectly said. If the thread can’t be un-deleted, then I’d at least allow the league members to draft one post outlining the offenses and then lock it and pin it so it’s there forever.

Otherwise, you have a predator using your boards to lurk on your users, PM them, and swindle them out of their money.