Revisiting the Coogan Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Revisiting the Coogan Thread

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:52 am

Looks like the mods deleted the thread on Coogan, but as I was thrown under the bus by him I had something to say and just as I posted it the thread was gone. Figured I would post it here for anybody who had a chance to glance at it. I'm sure it won't last long...

"I had no intentions of chiming in on this thread as it seems to me that everything has been covered in detail. I will address the fact that I started this league as a co-commissioner along with Coogan since he is attempting to drag me under the bus with him.

I relinquished my duties as co-commissioner just as the season began as I already noticed that that he and I had very different styles of commissioning. When Coogan and I were organizing this league creating rules, and generally setting it up, I started with a set of bylaws that I use as a template whenever I create a league and modified it to fit what we decided would be best for this one. Once I had done that I emailed the bylaws out to all parties involved and I posted them on the site with the intention of getting input specifically from Coogan, and making adjustments so we would have a finalized set of laws. Moments later he said they looked good and to go ahead and run with them.

The very first issue arose regarding the injured reserve. The bylaws that had been okayed stated that only players designated as IR by MFL are eligible for the IR. When I saw that Coogan had a player on IR that was not designated as such, brought it up to Coogan on the chat. At that point he proceeded to tell me that that's how his other leagues were set up and that's how he intended this league to be set up.

My issue was that this is written in the bylaws and that if this is something we are going to change we should bring it up to vote for the following season. I even put up a poll to see that the rest of the league agreed with my stance that the bylaws should be the last word. The ruling was overwhelmingly on the side of the bylaws, yet Coogan decided to change the wording and have them fit his view on how the league was "supposed to be set up". That was not the last time that we faced this sort of the situation with the bylaws not being the last word.

Out of frustration and the foresight that this sort of shenanigans was likely to continue, I emailed the group to inform them that I would no longer be acting as co-commissioner other than to help with facilitation on MFL. I knew this was going to be an issue at that time and wanted nothing to do with it. At some point we even formed a committee of players to try to eliminate the sort of totalitarian dictatorship commissioning style that Coogan had been practicing.

Again, I had no intention of joining this conversation but I commission a lot of leagues and I really don't want this to be a reflection of me or my performance as a commissioner. I had no personal issues with Coogan at all, and while I think he's a knucklehead, I felt that he was harmless. I will say that I'm a bit disappointed as to how he chose to handle this situation."
Last edited by GridironGuerilla on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Re: Revisiting the Coogan Thread

Postby FiremanEd » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 am

Not surprised it was deleted following the introduction of outside of fantasy football related items, but am disappointed it was deleted in its entirety and not just those specific posts. Coogan, as a well recognized name on these boards, and who even had something posted by DLF itself, should be up for everyone to be aware of his shenanigans.

As it was lost with the removal of the other thread I will sum it up as Coogan should be on your watch list of whom to avoid as a league participant and especially a commissioner. He has proven through multiple leagues and interactions that he will be a cancer on your league. His post count does not represent earned respect, integrity, or anything reflective of DLF or the community.

Quinty
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Quinty » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:05 am

Watch list? He's been outed as a thief. He should be banned from the site.

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am

Sorry it's choppy. I voice to texted while I was driving.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

spartan833
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby spartan833 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:23 am

I am concerned that the thread was deleted (I understand why) along with comments in previous threads warning people about dealing with him. I sure hope that some thread stays up to offer warning to people.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:23 am

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 am Not surprised it was deleted following the introduction of outside of fantasy football related items, but am disappointed it was deleted in its entirety and not just those specific posts. Coogan, as a well recognized name on these boards, and who even had something posted by DLF itself, should be up for everyone to be aware of his shenanigans.

As it was lost with the removal of the other thread I will sum it up as Coogan should be on your watch list of whom to avoid as a league participant and especially a commissioner. He has proven through multiple leagues and interactions that he will be a cancer on your league. His post count does not represent earned respect, integrity, or anything reflective of DLF or the community.
I'm pretty disappointed the entire thread was deleted as well. I think if there were issues with some of the posts, those probably should have been deleted instead.

BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:25 am

GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am Sorry it's choppy. I voice to texted while I was driving.
please fix any and all errors

I support GG as a good dude and a top notch commish/leader. He is the reason the league made it through a full season and was often the voice of reason. It was also well stated early on he was not involved in any of the decision making and that his role would purely be from a technical standpoint to help with new MFL users, site issues, reversing nonsensical IR moves that violated bylaws etc.

Unfortunately for him hes probably in charge of the league now haha but things will no doubt run smoothly from here. the problem has been taken care of.

this was not the first time coogan has blamed justin for problems in the league...multiple occasions he would modify the rules and then say it was because justin copy pasted it and they werent set up right (which as justin stated that was 100% on coogan to read and adjust how he wanted them PRIOR to them being set in stone as they say. he set them in stone and then went back and fudged things and thats when justin said im out i dont run leagues like this so if you wanna be crooked thats on you.
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:28 am

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:02 am Not surprised it was deleted following the introduction of outside of fantasy football related items, but am disappointed it was deleted in its entirety and not just those specific posts. Coogan, as a well recognized name on these boards, and who even had something posted by DLF itself, should be up for everyone to be aware of his shenanigans.

Agreed. That entire thread should not have been deleted. Especially after StableofRBs laid out the entire situation very clearly. Sure some of the name-calling and whatnot from the thread could be deleted but that thread outed a member of this forum with over 14,000 posts for cheating and stealing as a dynasty commish.
Last edited by pokerface40 on Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am

All, while the thread in question was referencing a user in the DLF forum (through which there was recruitment for a dynasty league), it is well beyond the scope of this forum to defame any individual. Unfortunate as outside actions may be, we cannot condone the negative comments about this individual. In particular, those referencing his business are crossing the line too far.

Please feel free to PM me directly if you have additional concerns, but also recognize that the DLF forum is not the place to be airing personal grievances of this nature.

Thank you,
Jaron

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am

Maybe it could have been moved to the Off-Topic Forum. From what I've seen, pretty much anything goes there (outside of spam).

pokerface40
All Pro
All Pro

Postby pokerface40 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

dlf_jaronf wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:35 am All, while the thread in question was referencing a user in the DLF forum (through which there was recruitment for a dynasty league), it is well beyond the scope of this forum to defame any individual. Unfortunate as outside actions may be, we cannot condone the negative comments about this individual. In particular, those referencing his business are crossing the line too far.

Please feel free to PM me directly if you have additional concerns, but also recognize that the DLF forum is not the place to be airing personal grievances of this nature.

Thank you,
Jaron
Then delete the comments about his business(the name of which was never mentioned so I don't see why that's a big deal). He STOLE money from quite a few prominent forum members who have outed him. We have had threads on here before warning others about shady commissioners, and I hope they continue. The fact that thread was deleted is a travesty and a huge disservice to your loyal forum members.

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:48 am

Pokerface40 and Goddard, I just sent you PMs. Thanks

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:51 am

pokerface40 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:28 am

Agreed. That entire thread should not have been deleted. Especially after StableofRBs laid out the entire situation very clearly. Sure some of the name-calling and whatnot from the thread could be deleted but that thread outed a member of this forum with over 14,000 posts.
I have nothing to do with any of this, I basically read through all of it. I'm pretty disappointed the post was taken down though. So DLF would rather protect someones image rather than allow others to be aware of a shady individual hmm...
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

dlf_jaronf
Administrator

Postby dlf_jaronf » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 am

Pokerface40, Goddard, and Never Veto, I just sent you PMs. Thanks

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 am

If the original post of the original thread is true (which it seems to have been confirmed by numerous others) then, at the very least, the original post should have stayed up. DLF (and dynasty football in general) is a community, and if someone is ripping off others then it should be known. If someone is new to dynasty and doesn't know about his previous activity and gets taken across (and their dynasty experience is ruined) we should feel some level of responsibility for that. Legitimately bad commissioners, especially, should be put on blast for trying to cheat or steal.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0