Revisiting the Coogan Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Revisiting the Coogan Thread

Postby pierson242 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:56 am

joeday wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 am If the original post of the original thread is true (which it seems to have been confirmed by numerous others) then, at the very least, the original post should have stayed up. DLF (and dynasty football in general) is a community, and if someone is ripping off others then it should be known. If someone is new to dynasty and doesn't know about his previous activity and gets taken across (and their dynasty experience is ruined) we should feel some level of responsibility for that. Legitimately bad commissioners, especially, should be put on blast for trying to cheat or steal.
This is all I was trying to do, I never intended for anyone to defame Coogan, despite him doing it all the time on here, I only wanted to make others aware so they could have a better experience. Over 2,000 people viewed the thread, so my point was seen by many. Coogan just almost ruined that league for us, don't want to see him do it to anyone else. That was all!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 am

he has been self promoting non stop almost from the day he got here or at least for a few years all the while being a total hypocrite when the mood suited him , to let him off the hook entirely is not in the best interest of the forum at large.

surely he will reinvent himself with a sock puppet moniker and resume his grift ! so all members of the forum should be on the lookout and alert the forum pronto!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 am

If possible the thread should have been locked after a warning by the admins of the site to make sure it stayed on topic. People not involved should not be piling on, but I can see chiming in with opinions on what they would do in a situation like that.

I hope something is allowed to stay up to warn other forum members. I am fairly new and would have fully trusted someone with that many posts considering if they were shady they would have been removed from the forum or had negative posts about them.

As an individual that runs a few forums I see the conflict where having a flame war is dangerous, but the need to allow people to warn others does weigh heavy. The best way in my exp is to lock the original thread and delete subsequent pop up threads. This stops the flame war while allowing the original purpose of the post to remain

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:12 am

clarion contrarion wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:01 am surely he will reinvent himself with a sock puppet moniker and resume his grift ! so all members of the forum should be on the lookout and alert the forum pronto!
Shouldn’t be hard to identify him. Look for the guy who’s roster has 5 top ten dynasty assets at each position, and at least 5 first round rookie picks for the next few years.

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:20 am

All, I am just now fully aware of and caught up on this and the previous thread.

The DLF Forum is not a place to adjudicate the innocence or guilt of league participants or commissioners. If the intent of the initial post was to provide a cautionary warning, then that warning seems to have been served. But as mentioned, it is impossible for DLF or any of us to know the veracity of any claims, and threads such as these inevitably devolve into he-said, she-said affairs which ultimately provide little value. As such, I am going to lock this thread and ask that we all kindly move on.

Again, if the intent was to share a word of caution or warning, then that has been achieved.

If you have any further concerns about this decision or approach, please DM me directly.

Thank you

KM