Doug Martin's future

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
saw061600
Legend
Legend

Re: Doug Martin's future

Postby saw061600 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Blackout wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:37 am His days as a leading rusher seemed over...i'm holding but have no faith and even less hope. One great rookie season, 2 no seasons, one great year, 2 no seasons...maybe cycle will go on haha.
Exactly what I was thinking. It's the upswing year.
10 TM No PPR or waiver 85RST
Herbert Fields Garoppolo Ridder
JT Barkley Etienne Ingram Charb CEH
Evans Aiyuk Dionte Jeudy London JWill GWils EMoore JMyers Mims Moorex2
Andrews Kinkaid Pits Freiermuth
NBosa Quinnen DJJones Clark F-Myers Taylor Graham
Darius Okereke Kendricks DCampbell DJones Baker Kiser Brooks
Adams Simmons Vaccaro Joseph

12 TM .5ppr 45 RST
Herbert Stroud Mayfield
JT Achane Kamara Ford Pacheco Jaleel
AJB DK Godwin Aiyuk Kirk ZJones RMoore Thornton
Hock F-muth
LWilliams Payne Reed Greenard
Bernard Kendricks Warner Baker Williams Tranquil
Budda McKinney Clark Wilson

1-2QB 2-4RB 3-5WR 1-3TE 11OFF/DEF
Herbert Stafford Brock Dobbs
Taylor Jacobs Mattison Kyren Jaleel Ford Bigsby
AJB Diggs Evans Kirk McLaurin Dionte Boyd Renfrow JuJu
Kelce Pitts Deguara
Hutchinson Rousseau Greenard Travon Demarcus
QWilliams EJones TBernard Dean ShaqT Kyzir
Amos Bates Peppers Murray Fitz Clark

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:40 pm

He's near the end.

He's likely to be cut from the Bucs this off-season, and from there he'll try to sign with some team as a veteran backup. However, his lack of special-teams utility really hurts him; if he doesn't win a second-string job somewhere, he'll struggle to stick on NFL rosters or be active on gamedays because third-string and fourth-string RBs are usually special-teams contributors.

In fantasy/dynasty terms, his value to us is approaching zero. His play has been worse than replacement-level for two straight seasons, and now he's old for an RB. His dynasty owners can hope he settles in somewhere as the #2 RB behind a dominant O-line, and then in that scenario he may resurrect some fantasy value. Otherwise, I expect him to be out of the league in the next one or two years. Again: that he doesn't play special-teams really damages his odds to stay active in the NFL into his 30s.
Last edited by ninotoreS on Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:43 pm

kris_kapsner wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:03 am I see a lot of people are really down on him. I wasn't able to watch any games of his this year. But, the following clips from this season don't look like a washed up RB who doesn't have anything in the tank anymore. I feel like people should hold him, perhaps even buy low if they can get him cheap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eyssAeeTo8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OUkGAEx9zY
Cherry-picked highlights don't hold much value. Doug Martin compiled a PFF grade of 48.5 this season, the 56th 'best' grade at RB. He was bad. And he was bad in '16, too. Now he's 29 and about to be cut, with no special-teams value.

You can hold him if there's really nothing better to add to the end of your bench off the wire, but he's not a buy-low unless the pricetag is practically nothing.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:47 am

Agreed ^^^ I was all in last off season acquired him in several leagues in fact as he always ran harder towards the bank than away after the heist , but he was disappointing this year to put it mildly and all his limitations listed above put him firmly in the alfred morris camp at this point . Nothing more than dirt cheap bench depth regardless of landing spot & even then only on a contending roster . imho!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:29 am

I dropped him in a 12 x 23 league late in the season. No regrets.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:28 am

The reason I mention a possible "buy low" candidate is because of what many owners have stated above. He holds next to zero value to some owners, including some frustrated Doug Martin owners. I'd pay a 3rd round pick or later for Doug just to take a flier on him heading into next year. Many of those picks in that range bust anyway...so why not?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:37 am

I mean, buy him for a 4th from someone if they're planning on cutting him to make room for new rookies anyway or something, but even a 3rd I'd rather take a QB in a 1 QB league and mid-late 3rd is where they normally go unless they're crazy studly. Deshaun Watson might push that average up with some recency bias

Very happy with my Waiver Wire Pickups of Peyton Barber in both leagues. No idea if they draft another runningback, but I think he has a chance to earn enough work in a committee to be an RB3 which I'm always happy with out of wire pickups
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am

I've been a hopeful supporter of D.Martin for past few years. I agree he is near the end. Goes to show how fast a rb's NFL can pass us by. It wasn't that long ago that he was near dominant and one of the better rb assets. A few years pass and.... he is worth next to nothing. It is the nature of hte position.

I'm of the opinion that TB will be drafting a rb and likely one within the first 3 rounds. Barber may maintain some 3rd down value but his dynasty / fantasy production will likely be taking a sizable hit come draft weekend.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:39 pm

he has no future
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 am

Valhalla wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:00 am I still think he's talented. I hope he lands somewhere like Seattle.
Please, Nooo! :pray:

We've already got three mediocre RB's returning for 2018. No need to give a veteran contract to a 4th with the other holes to fill. We saw this movie in 2017 with Eddie Lacy as the leading man. It was bad.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:44 am

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:23 am ...We saw this movie in 2017 with Eddie Lacy as the leading man...
This is why I think it could happen again...

TheRookiePro
Starter
Starter

Postby TheRookiePro » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:58 pm

JFever wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:51 am I've been a hopeful supporter of D.Martin for past few years. I agree he is near the end. Goes to show how fast a rb's NFL can pass us by. It wasn't that long ago that he was near dominant and one of the better rb assets. A few years pass and.... he is worth next to nothing. It is the nature of hte position.

I'm of the opinion that TB will be drafting a rb and likely one within the first 3 rounds. Barber may maintain some 3rd down value but his dynasty / fantasy production will likely be taking a sizable hit come draft weekend.
Supporter is an understatement lol. I don't think he's near the end as far as fantasy relevancy. He has reached the end.He was always inconsistent. He was never "near dominant". 251 rushing yards and 4 TD's against the 2012 Raiders convinced a lot of people that he was more than the inconsistent midget that he's always been.
Last edited by TheRookiePro on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10 Team PPR, 25 man roster(1st and 2nd year player PS option for $20), QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX (RB,WR,TE), K, DEF.

QB-Luck, A. Smith, Fitzpatrick
RB-Gurley, M. Gordon, Jeff Wilson, Tevin Coleman,T. Montgomery, John Kelly, Justin Davis
WR-K. Allen, T. Hill, Josh Gordon, Golladay, Fitzgerald, S. Watkins, J. Reynolds, Enunwa,
TE-Burton, Ebron, Walker
K-Gostkowski
Defense-Vikings, Jaguars, Ravens

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:43 pm

He looked really good his 1st game back, what the hell happened lol?

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Saw some reports that Martin is likely done in TB...

Probably best case for him to get a fresh start somewhere
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

oban14
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby oban14 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:15 pm

His best bet is going to an RBBC with a strong offense/offensive line and hoping the starter gets hurt. I don't see him starting for anyone aside from the teams mentioned in the "worst backfield" thread. Players like him are frustrating. How do you have 6 years in the league with 2 great years and 4 awful ones?