Fournette vs Henry

This is the spot for player-to-player comparisons.
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: Fournette vs Henry

Postby Dookmarriot » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 am

I'm in the minority, but I would have held on to Henry and the pick. If you put Fournette in a timeshare with Murray, and give Henry the keys to the Jags offense, how different do they look? We might know as early as next year. I think Fournette has more shift to him than Henry, but they are both essentially smash mouth power backs. Also there should be a nice prospect available at the 1.07.

And I'd be lying if I wasn't worried that Fournette's ankle issue might linger. It certainly seems to have been a recurring problem.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:11 am

knut45 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 am Henry faced a higher percentage of 8 man boxes than Fournette did this year.
Henry is not close to Fournette. Percentage of facing 8 man fronts without context is virtually meaningless. By that measure without context, Henry is better than Le'Veon Bell. Henry had some long runs this year after Murray had worn the defense down, defenses had to contend with a running Qb in Mariota, etc...There is not a defense in the league that faced JAX and feared Bortles.

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:16 am

dm1129 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:11 am
knut45 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:46 am Henry faced a higher percentage of 8 man boxes than Fournette did this year.
Henry is not close to Fournette. Percentage of facing 8 man fronts without context is virtually meaningless. By that measure without context, Henry is better than Le'Veon Bell. Henry had some long runs this year after Murray had worn the defense down, defenses had to contend with a running Qb in Mariota, etc...There is not a defense in the league that faced JAX and feared Bortles.
This wasnt a comment on Henry's ability or Fournette's lack of ability, was just pointing out that whilst Fournette complains about 8 man boxes Henry is facing them on a higher percentage of occasions. Jonathon Stewart also faces a higher percentage of 8 man boxes than Fournette. Henry and Stewart are the only two that do though as far as I know.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 pm

Couldn't that mean that the player the defense is playing against is more linear than other RBs? If say Demarco was facing as many 8 man boxes as Henry who is on his team wouldn't that mean they are not scared of his pass catching ability and knows he can only attempt to run at them with all his force?
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

psfox2010
Captain
Captain

Postby psfox2010 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:22 pm

CK_ wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:14 pm Couldn't that mean that the player the defense is playing against is more linear than other RBs? If say Demarco was facing as many 8 man boxes as Henry who is on his team wouldn't that mean they are not scared of his pass catching ability and knows he can only attempt to run at them with all his force?
Exactly. That was a poor stat to toss out without context and taking this into consideration.
10 team, Full PPR, 27 man roster
2018 Champion, 2020 Champion
QB/2 RB/2 WR/1 TE/2 Flex/Defense/Kicker

QB: Allen, Watson, Fields
RB: Barkley, Taylor, Harris Chubb
WR: Ridley, Cooper, Thielen, M. Thomas, D. Smith, Boyd E. Moore, R. Moore, Reagor, St. Brown
TE: Kelce, Fant, Engram
Defense: Denver
Kicker: Gay

2022: None
2023: 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:27 pm

So far this season, Fournette has averaged under 25 PPR PPG. When starting, Henry has averaged over 30 PPR PPG. Smaller sample size, yes. But Henry’s games were against playoff teams.

I honestly think these two are much closer than most want to admit.
The standard is the standard.

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Would that not mean the same is true of fournette who is also facing a lot of 8 man boxes? What about the stat fournette has broken one tackle in his last 3 games?

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 pm

I don't see a major gap, but I would want more than the 1.7 as a bridge piece, strictly due to the perceived difference in value right now.

I'm curious to see what Henry does next year, assuming he starts. In games where he has received 10 or more carries, he has a 4.79 YPC and 6 TDs (13 games).

He's always seemed like a back that needs to get fed to get going. Good buy-low this year.

Concept Coop
Starter
Starter

Postby Concept Coop » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:44 pm

knut45 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:49 pm Would that not mean the same is true of fournette who is also facing a lot of 8 man boxes? What about the stat fournette has broken one tackle in his last 3 games?
I just put on the highlights vs the Bills and saw 2 in that game alone.

Edit: And I've seen 2 in the wk 17 game so far. Edit2: Make that 3.
Last edited by Concept Coop on Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knut45
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby knut45 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:48 pm

Think I got that stat from pff pod so could be unreliable

Concept Coop
Starter
Starter

Postby Concept Coop » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:52 pm

knut45 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:48 pm Think I got that stat from pff pod so could be unreliable
Or maybe their standards for a broken tackle are really high? It's kind of a subjective call, I guess. I don't know.

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:48 pm

To throw a potential wrench in your decision, I say hold Henry and pick 1.07. I think Fournette is a talent by all means, however I don't think Henry is that far away. At any rate I think you're paying a decent pick to move for a similar player. I also think Henry will be the starting RB next year for Tennessee.
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 pm

I can definitely understand why someone would not want to trade Henry. Wasn't he the number overall pick in most people's minds before Zeke got drafted by the boys? He's still a solid prospect and can potentially be worthwhile for the price but I would be more than happy to sell him for a hefty price if given the chance..
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:06 am

CK_ wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 pm I can definitely understand why someone would not want to trade Henry. Wasn't he the number overall pick in most people's minds before Zeke got drafted by the boys? He's still a solid prospect and can potentially be worthwhile for the price but I would be more than happy to sell him for a hefty price if given the chance..
I've literally never spoken to anyone who had Henry higher than Zeke as a prospect. Maybe Skip, as he's very high on him, but the consensus was pretty much always Zeke at #1, further cemented by Laquon's combine, and then post draft of course it just widened to a chasm.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:56 am

Fournette is the conservative choice. If you like to gamble, you go with Henry and the pick. I like Henry, and I also like to gamble, so...
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0