General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Alex Smith is a chief

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:02 am

allpurple wrote:
CokeAndBacardi wrote:
allpurple wrote: Flacco's contract just changed everything. At this point Rodgers is a 25-30 mill a year QB. Ryan is a 22-26 mill QB. If Ponder was a FA he would be a 16-18 mill QB. Flacco just made the case for not letting your QB hit FA.
Amazing how four good games can make you the highest paid player in the NFL, based on average cash value for the 1st 3 years of the contract. That $29M cap hit in 2016 will be tough to justify unless Flacco suddenly plays like the 2012 postseason version of himself for 16 games/year. By my count he probably had 5 or 6 above average games during the regular season.
The contract was insane but he had Ozzie by the shorties. I wonder what the contract on a tender would have looked like. I might have been less or wildly expensive.
It would have been interesting. And I guess the reasoning behind this for the Ravens could be that rookies are sooooooo much cheaper now than before. Rice and Yanda are the only expensive offensive players signed past this season outside of Flacco. On defense they're really only paying Suggs, Ngata and Webb the big bucks right now. Lock up 3 guys on each side of the ball and fill the rest with inexpensive rookie deals and FA's? I don't know. It's still a crazy amount of money to pay a guy like Flacco.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

CokeAndBacardi
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Alex Smith is a chief

Postby CokeAndBacardi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:29 pm

And now it appears Dwayne Bowe is a chief. I think that is a very smart move by KC considering Baldwin is nowhere near ready to shoulder any sort of load and the rest of the guys (McCluster, Wylie, etc.) are nothing more than warm bodies. This move and tagging Albert suggests Andy is ready to get to it.
10 Team/26-man dynasty/PPR/Year 10/4-6 pt TDs/2QB-2RB-2WR-2RB/WR-2TE
QB-Goff/Rosen/Lock/Grier/Luck
RB-Mack/Hunt/RoJones/Bernard/Snell/AP/Edwards/Ajayi
WR-ODB/Robinson/T.Williams/Davis/Anderson/Cobb/Renfrow
TE-Kelce/Goedert/Njoku/Rudolph/Oliver
2020 - Currently and likely 1.01, have all of my own picks

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alex Smith buy low

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 am

With rumors of the Chiefs looking to move to Mahomes next season...it appears that Smitty will shown the door.

Aaaaaaaaaand with so many teams that need a solid QB...do we think that Smith has some appeal is he ends up on a Broncos or Giants or Jets team? Or somewhere else?

I’m thinking mostly from a superflex or 2QB league point of view...but should we be looking at him?

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Alex Smith buy low

Postby Jason » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:23 am

I think this year's production will probably be an anomaly but he'll be starting somewhere next year so in SF/2QB he'll certainly retain value.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:43 am

slaughterrt wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 am With rumors of the Chiefs looking to move to Mahomes next season...it appears that Smitty will shown the door.

Aaaaaaaaaand with so many teams that need a solid QB...do we think that Smith has some appeal is he ends up on a Broncos or Giants or Jets team? Or somewhere else?

I’m thinking mostly from a superflex or 2QB league point of view...but should we be looking at him?
I feel like there is too many moving parts to determine where a guy like Smith ends up. It will depend on who gets Cousins. I feel like Denver is going to make a hard push for one or the other. Minnesota may end up a possibility even with everyone assuming they'll decide between Keenum & Teddy. If Shurmur leaves and Keenum struggles in the playoffs, they don't have much reason stick with either guy. Arizona is in play. Jacksonville could make sense if Bortles blows the game against Buffalo.

I feel like the Giants will go rookie or stick with Eli.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:55 am

I would try get him low won’t have year like this but we didn’t think he would even have one year like this in Denver with the weapons there he could be golden
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:59 am

Alex will be a starting QB somewhere in 2018, and that makes him a top 20 option easily. Not much to consider for standard leagues, but any Superflex League he should be owned 100%.
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

cazzie33
All Pro
All Pro

Postby cazzie33 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 am

Don't see Denver as an option. Rarely does a trade in division happen where you give them a borderline all pro QB to comeback and beat you . Unless Elway overlays bigly it's not gonna happen.

Cleveland makes sense. They have the cap space, the draft capital and likely are taking a rookie that needs to learn before being thrown to the wolves like Kizer was. Washington if they decide to end up kissing Cousins good bye. They too would be likely to grab a rookie QB to learn under Smith. Last good fit to me would be Minnesota. They shouldn't overpay for Keenum, might not be convinced Teddy is ready or ever will be to assume role as franchise QB. While I love a healthy Bradford as the best option that just doesn't seem like it's going to happen.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:58 am

cazzie33 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 am Cleveland makes sense. They have the cap space, the draft capital and likely are taking a rookie that needs to learn before being thrown to the wolves like Kizer was.
Lord, I hope not... Smith is a very pedestrian QB who relies heavily on the talent around him. It was glaringly obvious that the Chiefs should have been giving Hunt 20+ carries a game. Putting the ball into Smith's hands will do nothing to improve Cleveland's losing ways.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Yeah I don’t assume that he will magically become a top 5 QB next year, or that he will even consistently produce like he has the past few years. But I do think that his value is pretty low right now, and he could be bought for cheaper than his production (past and future) would dictate.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:14 pm

cazzie33 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:11 am Don't see Denver as an option. Rarely does a trade in division happen where you give them a borderline all pro QB to comeback and beat you . Unless Elway overlays bigly it's not gonna happen.

Cleveland makes sense. They have the cap space, the draft capital and likely are taking a rookie that needs to learn before being thrown to the wolves like Kizer was. Washington if they decide to end up kissing Cousins good bye. They too would be likely to grab a rookie QB to learn under Smith. Last good fit to me would be Minnesota. They shouldn't overpay for Keenum, might not be convinced Teddy is ready or ever will be to assume role as franchise QB. While I love a healthy Bradford as the best option that just doesn't seem like it's going to happen.
Agree on Denver. Unless they're massively overpay, no way KC deals him within the division.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 pm

The Denver idea was more of him being cut rather than traded .. lol.. yes he most likely will be traded but teams know they won’t keep both qbs and may wait on him being cut rather than trade a high draft pick..
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Tvols wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 pm The Denver idea was more of him being cut rather than traded .. lol.. yes he most likely will be traded but teams know they won’t keep both qbs and may wait on him being cut rather than trade a high draft pick..
Why would they cut him? There is no urgent need to start Mahomes, he's under a rookie contract, and Smith is only due a max of $17 million next season. A trade is a good possibility of they are wanting to move on but not an outright release.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:57 pm

I think the chiefs are at or over the cap is what I have read
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

jp67
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby jp67 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Alex Smith will make 20.6 million in 2018 if they cut him it is a 3.6 million dollar cap hit.

They are 8 million ish over the cap with their current salaries so if they cut Smith they are 9 million under.
12 Team Superflex
QB: Winston Flacco Kizer Peterman Rosen Tannehill
RB: Cook Conner Foreman Fournette Burkhead Yeldon Austin Grant Roc Thomas
WR: A Brown Coleman Funchess Enunwa Gallup Richardson
TE: Njouku Everett ASJ

12 Team
QB: Luck Mahommes
RB: Barkley Booker Conner Grant Duke Kerryon Alf AP Sproles Roc Thomas
WR:Berrios Carroo Enunwa Gallup Kirk Moncreif ROgers Tre'quan Sutton J Washington Chad &Tyrlel Williams
TE: Anderson Doyle Ebron Engram Hooper
2019-Two Firsts--Four Seconds

12 Team 1QB 2RB 3WR 2FX 1D 1K
QB: Cam Bradford Rosen
RB: Bell Guice Mack Buck Alllen Burkhead K. Johnson Abdullah Conner Walton
WR: Baldwin OBJ Golladay Alshon Funchess Kearse J Matt M Thomas K White K Cole Allen Hurns J Watson
TE: Gronk Anderson McDonald
D: Bengals