Saquon Barkley - RB - THE RB Y'all

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Saquon Barkley - RB - THE RB Y'all

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:04 pm

Ghosted wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 pm Great point. I said in another post my goal would be to buy back years and get a + on top of it by selling older studs (DJ, Bell). If you have Barkley as "your guy," it would be a great option to trade down in a start-up, if possible. Conversely, as I pointed out above, if you didn't feel like you could make that happen, you could still just pick him and trust that his value will be insulated, regardless of what happens. He's actually much "safer" than he's given credit for. Gurley pops another knee, or Zeke another suspension, and they might not actually be as insulated, if that makes sense. There's inherent value built in to Barkley being so clean.
Yeah, but anyone can get injured. Barkley could break his foot or something and then what?

Taking him at 1.01 basically means you're buying at the highest value possible and you need to see him confirm it. Barkley will be really good, but it's a weird way to start a team in dynasty.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:16 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:04 pm
Ghosted wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 pm Great point. I said in another post my goal would be to buy back years and get a + on top of it by selling older studs (DJ, Bell). If you have Barkley as "your guy," it would be a great option to trade down in a start-up, if possible. Conversely, as I pointed out above, if you didn't feel like you could make that happen, you could still just pick him and trust that his value will be insulated, regardless of what happens. He's actually much "safer" than he's given credit for. Gurley pops another knee, or Zeke another suspension, and they might not actually be as insulated, if that makes sense. There's inherent value built in to Barkley being so clean.
Yeah, but anyone can get injured. Barkley could break his foot or something and then what?

Taking him at 1.01 basically means you're buying at the highest value possible and you need to see him confirm it. Barkley will be really good, but it's a weird way to start a team in dynasty.
People said the same thing about OBJ though, and wouldn't get out from Dez because he was "safer." I tried to talk people out of it back then too. And as I said, we didn't need to see anything from TRich. He came back from a poor rookie season to be Dynasty's 1.1. Barkley will get the volume this year to do the same.

And what I meant regarding the injury insulation is that compiling injuries effect future adp. Gurley popping a 2nd ACL would be far more detrimental to his value. Zeke another suspension. Look at Gronk, Keenan, Ect. OBJ breaks an ankle and his value doesn't change. Barkley would be the same. You can almost bank that he will be a start-up top 5 pick next year, even if he's mediocre. But if he pops like we believe that he will, your buying back substantial years in some cases, and at least a few years in most, at a position where that is very valuable. Just my thoughts and is by no means full proof. Just wanted to point out that it's not nearly as risky as most believe.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:41 pm

I think any rb can pop an acl or get suspended... not just gurley and zeke lol.. it I get ur point it’s just not a price I’m willing to pay .. that is just interesting a rookie not even drafted is the new 1-01in a startup maybe so in a year by then again maybe not
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Tvols wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:41 pm I think any rb can pop an acl or get suspended... not just gurley and zeke lol.. it I get ur point it’s just not a price I’m willing to pay .. that is just interesting a rookie not even drafted is the new 1-01in a startup maybe so in a year by then again maybe not
I don't think you got exactly what I was saying haha. Yes all players could get hurt or suspended, but think about context when it comes to those two. It changes things. Bell and DJ have their own challenges with age insulation coming up. Chances are you wont be able to buy Barkley for either of those two next year due to it. Just trying to show the value of insulation with Barkley.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:57 am

At least this debate is irrelevant now after last night. I assume Tagvoila is the new 1.01.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 am

Friction wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:57 am At least this debate is irrelevant now after last night. I assume Tagvoila is the new 1.01.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:50 am

echo ^^^ now the greatest hawaiian qb of all time !
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:58 pm

Friction wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:57 am At least this debate is irrelevant now after last night. I assume Tagvoila is the new 1.01.
Looks like the real deal
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Just got done watching Barkley's tape from this year and now I'm a little curious, is there a clip of him trucking a defender anywhere? I don't recall him doing it even once in the 9 games I watched.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm

Doubt it. Has always struck me as a bouncer trying to bounce everything outside. In tough games against teams with solid defense, he honestly didn’t impress me. Talented guy but I just don’t see the once in a generation type runner.
Last edited by UATahoe on Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:13 pm

For everyone discussing the prior "busts"

The mental aspect of the game is the hardest part for evaluators to judge. I couldn't even fathom the pressure that these guys endure. T Rich clearly couldn't handle it, couldn't be coached, etc. Lacy wasn't disciplined.

Values are subjective. If you don't go against ADP sometimes, you'll never get ahead.
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:52 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm Just got done watching Barkley's tape from this year and now I'm a little curious, is there a clip of him trucking a defender anywhere? I don't recall him doing it even once in the 9 games I watched.
Just watched a 10 minute long highlight tape, saw him lower the shoulder and bounce off a defender but no truck stick level stuff, but since it's a highlight tape there werent any ugly short yardage power plays. I know Barkley is 20 lbs. heavier, but kind of reminds me of Reggie Bush, supreme athlete has vision, moves, and can catch, but just wasnt powerful/tough enough to transition all of that to the NFL where these super athletes get caught up to. Not the Bush had a bad career but he sure as heck didn't live up to his expectations.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:52 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:37 pm Just got done watching Barkley's tape from this year and now I'm a little curious, is there a clip of him trucking a defender anywhere? I don't recall him doing it even once in the 9 games I watched.
Just watched a 10 minute long highlight tape, saw him lower the shoulder and bounce off a defender but no truck stick level stuff, but since it's a highlight tape there werent any ugly short yardage power plays. I know Barkley is 20 lbs. heavier, but kind of reminds me of Reggie Bush, supreme athlete has vision, moves, and can catch, but just wasnt powerful/tough enough to transition all of that to the NFL where these super athletes get caught up to. Not the Bush had a bad career but he sure as heck didn't live up to his expectations.
You know what's funny is that while I was watching Barkley I thought he reminded me of Bush. However I went back and watched some old Bush footage ( :ewink: ) and concluded they're not as similar as I thought. Also, they might put up similar combine numbers but Barkley will be doing it at 20+ lbs heavier than Bush.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:19 am

He avoids contact on a lot of his plays he also gets injured rather easily for the limited amount of contact he does take. He also loves to jump over people which is cool for highlight plays but is dastardly in space in the NFL. He holds the ball like he wants it taken away from him but never played much NFL caliber players during his time at PSU so peope never labeled him as being prone to fumble. People avoid talking about the negatives to him because they are so enamored with what he has shown.

I also am not saying he can't fix some of these things and that I am not potentially overanalyzing "injury". It's just to me the concerns people want to ignore need to be more vocalized because he does have them.

It's interesting to me as well because I would read tons of stuff about Fournette last year and they align with Barkleys hype this year. The only difference is that there was legitimate RBs last year that gave Fournette a run for his money. That is not the case so much this year no matter how much people want to believe otherwise. The hype is engrained subconsciously and it feels like to me people are blinded with the love of Barkley and his highlights and not fully understanding how easy he had it overall.

Just remember Fournette was rated as being better than Elliot when everyone was hyped about him last year. Deja Vu head on with Barkley in view.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:58 am

UATahoe wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:06 pm Doubt it. Has always struck me as a bouncer trying to bounce everything outside. It tough games again st teams with solid defense, he honestly didn’t impress me. Talented guy but I just don’t see the once in a generation type runner.
Kinda my thoughts as well. If he had done constantly against great teams / def like a Gurley or fournette I be more on board with him but he could as easily be the next Curtis enis or ball.
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP