Saquon Barkley - RB - THE RB Y'all

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Saquon Barkley - RB - THE RB Y'all

Postby Phaded » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:16 pm

Friction wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:31 pm Thats better than my leagues. They all do a lottery for the bottom 6, even odds for all 6 teams. Its actually pretty rare thw worst team even gets a top 3 pick, but they say it discourages tanking and such. Gotta love Masters fantasy Leagues.
Lotteries are such a silly idea.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:33 pm

I've said this in a few threads, but he's my start-up 1.01. I've been watching football for around 30 years, and I haven't seen too many RB prospects like him, if any. He's basically LeSean McCoy to me, but a suped-up version. Elite lateral agility for a back his size, excels at pressure cuts and jump cuts, superior balance, soft hands and is a good route-runner. Great vision. Plenty of power to run inside, and he'll probably weigh in at 225-230. Needs to work on his interior patience, but NFL coaches will hone him in. Pretty good blocker, too. On top of all of that, he's a good kid. No injury concerns. Not much more that you could want in a prospect. If I did grades over the years, he would be only the second "100," along side of Calvin Johnson. The hype is 100% justified.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:50 am

[Disclaimer: Saquon is my #1 RB from this class and I am confident he will be in the elite RB tier this time next year]

That said, I have real concerns with Saquon's tendency to bounce runs to the outside and to dance around too much. He had terrible blocking at PSU, so that has to be factored in, but there have been a few times on tape where I wished he'd just hit the hole instead of trying to bounce it out or reverse the field. Take what you can and move on to the next play.

I think it will be coached out of him, which is why it's not a huge concern to me. Still, it's a concern.
Last edited by dynastyninja on Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 pm

For the folks putting him as their RB#1, how do you justify over Zeke and Gurley?

They age difference is only a few years, but the other two have shown that they're truly elite backs. I'm not knocking the thinking, and Barkley is comfortably in my top 10 (probably top 6, maybe top 4). Just curious.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:44 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 pm For the folks putting him as their RB#1, how do you justify over Zeke and Gurley?

They age difference is only a few years, but the other two have shown that they're truly elite backs. I'm not knocking the thinking, and Barkley is comfortably in my top 10 (probably top 6, maybe top 4). Just curious.
I don't see how anyone can rank Barkley above proven stallions like Gurley & Elliott. But if they do, great, they should trade the farm to get him.

I have no problem putting Barkley as a top 12 dynasty asset though. That's what it takes to get a young stud RB these days. There are so few that they can carry a team to the playoffs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:54 pm

JoshGordonsDealer wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:23 pm For the folks putting him as their RB#1, how do you justify over Zeke and Gurley?

Sometimes you just have to trust your evaluations I guess. I know it's hyperbolic. But he's better at his current stage than the others imo. And buying a few years is no small thing for RB's, to me. It's not for everyone, and I get it. It's splitting hairs, but there are those at the top that come with their own baggage / risk.

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:59 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:50 am [Disclaimer: Saquon is my #1 RB from this class and I am confident he will be in the elite RB tier this time next year]

That said, I have real concerns with Saquon's tendency to bounce runs to the outside and to dance around too much. He had terrible blocking at PSU, so that has to be factored in, but there have been a few times on tape where I wished he'd just hit the hole instead of trying to bounce it out or reverse the field. Take what you can and move on to the next play.

I think it will be coached out of him, which is why it's not a huge concern to me. Still, it's a concern.
This is one of the things that I've been hearing too that he bounces runs to the outside a lot..
If it is not a habit he can kick - it will bold worrisome for him at the NFL level.
Running lanes are a lot more narrow and you have to really trust your offensive line to block their guy.
Not to mention it has been proven that continually bouncing runs to the outside does not work at the NFL level long term.

That said - it is absolutely coachable as you mentioned; however, not all coaches are "good enough" to coach a player out of bad habits. If he goes somewhere like Indy or Cleveland, are we really confident in the coaching staff?

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:08 pm

People make such a big deal about landing spots, but they don't really matter historically for transcendent talents. And I feel like his running habits are being blown a bit out of proportion at this point. This is the season for nit-picking, though. It's more of a very minor weakness vs a concern. His vision is plenty good, and he has more than enough power and skill to be a very effective inside runner.

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby krombj19 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:07 pm

I don’t know if I would put Barkley as my 1.01 in startups just yet, but I do love him and think he’ll be a stud..
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

Unicorn92
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Unicorn92 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:22 am

Saquon can completely run inside. His 92 yards td run in the fiesta bowl started in the inside and not on the outside. I have no worry for him. As a big psu fan I have seen saquon a lot and I am not worry at all.
I play in an idp dynasty keeper league 10 teams with 1 qb start in a ppr league 2 en 2 wr 1te 1 flex. This is a roster of 35 players and a ts of 5 players in mfl and this is a ppr league

Roster

QB: D. Jones, B. Mayfield
RB: S.Barkley, M.Breida, T. Cohen D.Johnson, J. Williams, B. Scarborough
WR: B.Cooks, C.Goodwin, K. Allen, T.Lockett, C. Kirk, M. Williams, D. Westbrook, A. Miller
TE: C. Herndon, R. Griffin, I. Thomas
K C.Boswell
DL M. Davenport, F. Clark, S. Hubbard,
LB M. D. Jones, L. Vander Esch, R. Evans, M. Milano, H. Landry, J. Baker
DB: B.Baker, J. Bates, J. Peppers

Practice squad: P. Williams, T. Rapp, C. Ferrell, E. Oliver, B. Cashman

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 am

I've said in a couple spots that at this time next year I believe he will be a top 3 RB behind Zeke and Gurley

Very bold of Madamus to say number 1 though !!!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

KCLep20
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby KCLep20 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:17 am

I already reached out to the owner of the 1.01 and the only trade he said he would do is Gurley for Saquan...so it looks like I’ll have to draft him in all my re-draft leagues!
1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1Flex (RB/WR/TE)/1 Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE)
'Ships: 2008, 2017, 2019, 2021; 2nd place: 2010, 2014, 2018, 2022
12 team PPR with 14 Keepers/year
2023 Draft Picks: 1.04, 1.05, 1.11, 3.04, 3.07, 5.04
QB: L.Jackson, J. Burrow, G. Minshew, J. Winston
RB: J.Mixon, ETN, Jav.Williams, J.Conner, Z.Moss, JK Dobbins (IR), N.Chubb (IR)
WR: AJB, CD Lamb, DK, C.Sutton
TE: M.Andrews, T.McBride, I. Likely

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:28 am

1-01 I. A start up Wow that is impressive .. think I see a few games before saying he is the best rb in the league.. love the kid but I seen other can’t miss guys go in the dumpster .not tha he isn’t worthy but just premature imho
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:24 pm

Barkley is a no-brainer: Complete RB with no detrimental weaknesses. If I had the 1.01, the landing spot wouldn't matter.'

The 1.01 in a dynasty startup is insane though. You're buying at the highest price possible with so many better players available.

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 am

Think I am going to read some old pre-NFL draft Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, and Montee Ball scouting reports and post.
TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF