Saquon Barkley - RB - THE RB Y'all

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Saquon Barkley - RB - THE RB Y'all

Postby Phaded » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:18 am

Barkley is strange to me - at his weight I would expect him to be a more physical runner.
Obviously; there is a lot of success for the top end agility runners and that seems to be Barkley; just weirds me out with his weight - but I guess it probably helps with his durability (maybe?).
From watching his tape - I worry that a lot of what he does will not work at the NFL level.

That said - if I had the 1.01 and could get the prices I'm seeing him go for, I would be selling. I am not sold on him as an elite NFL running back. Will he be good to great? Potentially, but I don't see him being the gamebreaker he is made out to be.

Nonetheless, will be one of the more interesting things to watch unfold.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Saquon Barkley - RB - THE RB Y'all

Postby Friction » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:23 pm

I just landed the 1.01 in a league's lottery where I missed the playoffs by a tie breaker this past season. So, now he is definitely GOAT material in my opinion. Seriously though, I probably agree with Phaded in that he will be good to great, but I have the gut feeling he will not be a league winner. Is that a bad thing? Depends how you look at it, or what you pay for him. I will hold unless i get these awesome offers that i see on here, just too good of value to pass up. My leagues generally do not get those types of offers though, so we will see. I only have to start 1 RB (but can start up to 3), so that factors into my thought process. Watching BIG10 games frequently, I likes the flashes, but the games of being completely shut down left a lot to be desired. The bad line play helps the optimistic outlook, but he did have solid playmakers around him at qb/wr/te, whereas a Guice had a good line with an awful QB. Plus stout SEC defenses a lot of the time. Not that I am arguing Guice over him or anything, though I had the two very close coming into this season. I am holding til at least the NFL draft.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry