My trade was the first vetoed in our league....

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

My trade was the first vetoed in our league....

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:52 am

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but wanting others feedback or maybe even just to vent.

My trade of Ajayi, Robby Anderson, Mohomed Sanu, and a 19 2nd for a dumpster fire's 19 1st got vetoed. We've never had a vetoed trade in our league before.

Backstory is that this owner has finished last, 2nd to last, and last the previous 3 years. Each of those years, he has traded his first away. This past one, he traded his 18 first away during the previous season to the guy who won our league this year. So now our league champ likely gets Saquon Barkley (there's a lottery, but this pick has the best chance) and the bad owner's team continues to get worse. Honestly, knowing that he does this is why I reached out to him as I know he's made some bad trades with his own first in the past, so yes I was admittedly trying to take advantage of that. This guy has missed out on Elliot (or Gordon), Fournette, and now looking like Barkley.

This is the bylaws I could find that was closest to this rule
One last note on collusion, if a big trade goes down before an owner leaves the league the league will review if they will reverse it. If owners continually make terrible trades not intending to collude but they just... suck at dynasty right now. They will eventually be removed if they don’t get better quickly... (couple of years).
It wasn't really an all out veto, Comish did veto and undo, but then put the other owner on blast in chat for this and said if we really wanted to do the trade we could; but if this owner finished bottom 2 again, the owner would be booted and this trade reversed. So I could only do the trade if it ended up the 1.3 or later or I simply lose those players for the 2018 season and then get them back and no first. Not worth it. This owner is now banned from moving his own 1st unless it is for a top 15 dynasty asset. Everyone in this league is local and a friend or the easier answer would be to simply boot him. Here's his team (notables only, rest are honestly only a step above Waiver Wire in a 10 team)

QB- Bortles, McKown
RB- Bilal Powell, Jamaal Williams, Darkwa, Charles Simms
WR- Cooks, Tate, Mike Wallace, Cole Beasley
TE- Jack Doyle, Jesse James

Just sucks that 3 other guys got to make trades for future early firsts, Commish himself got OJ Howard from him for Bilal Powell, but now the hammer comes down when I get a chance to deal with him.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: My trade was the first vetoed in our league....

Postby skip » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:01 am

I know this is related to your topic here and I shared my thoughts there about meddling around in the affairs of other teams:
viewtopic.php?f=149&p=1382736#p1382736

There is more here though that I'd be concerned over the health of the league. Too much grey area/opinion-based decisions being made.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 am

Who did the guy get in exchange for his 2018 1st?

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:05 am

this reminds me of the time all my neighbors went and bought black cars , I went and bought one and they voted that I couldn't have a black car - so I moved out of the neighborhood ! 8-) not really I told them to FO !

point them to this thread or any of my posts about vetoes !

veto leagues are for novices & children!
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:15 am

Sorry, your post was too long to read as it is about a veto and wouldn't change my thoughts. My advice is if you choose to play in a league that allows vetos then this is what happens and you shouldn't complain about it. If you don't like situations like this, which I don't, then don't play in leagues that allow other owners to have power over your team.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:48 am

It’s a vent post. The feedback to come is obvious.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:25 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:10 am Who did the guy get in exchange for his 2018 1st?
2016 TY Hilton. Who he immediately traded for like 5 average guys which was the weird part

And with the whole Veto league, I didn't think I was in a veto league. There's never been a veto before. Veto rules are spelled out as for collusion only. The portion of the rules he's pulling from is if an owner leaves, his previous trades are subject to being looked at again (to make sure he didn't make "screw it" moves at the end or move guys to a friend before bailing). So when this guy gets kicked out of the league for finishing last for a 4th year in a row, my trade for his coming first would be subject to reversal I guess

More that this horrible owner is being restricted in what he can do to not hurt his team worse, than this trade being a simple veto matter

But yes, this has been more a vent and gripe than thinking this would be thought provoking conversation
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Statutony
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Statutony » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:57 pm

This is an owner issue and not a trade issue. I've seen this in leagues that I've been in and will most likely not improve unless the owner who has made those trades steps down or is removed.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:49 pm

A trade should 99.75% of the time never be vetoed. The only time it should is when someone trades a 2018 1st for a 2018 2nd, or something else so obvious that it must be a mistake.

I hate vetoing trades. What's not fair to one guy is fair to someone else, but that one guy just can't let it be. They need to be able to control every aspect of the game, so they have their finger on the veto button at all times. Their insecurity gets the best of them, trades get vetoed, and then the gray area for vetoes gets bigger and bigger. "Mr. So-and-so's trade was vetoed, we should veto this trade over here too." IMO this stifles trading which stifles activity. You lose the players who want to play to have fun and escape life, and are left with the complainers who will slowly turn the league into a cess pool of negativity.

Terrible.

I have a league that used to have a small portion of people who wanted me to overturn trades semi-daily. They would get angry that I allowed bad trades to go through. "THIS LEAGUE IS GOING TO DIE", etc. No real threats, but tons of anger and sarcastic remarks on chat. The problem is that if you give in to these types of owners, then that's the type of league it's going to become. So you have to make a decision on what owners you want around: Either (1) the owners who want freedom to do their own thing with their own team, who make their own trades and moves without being ridiculed for it, who treat dynasty like a game and just want to have fun, or (2) the owners who are bleep about every perceived bad trade who complain and bitch and moan all year long, and aren't satisfied unless they get their way.

I chose the former. All the latter owners moved on to other leagues this off-season. I wish them the best, but I was glad they left (and the were glad too fwiw). The league will slowly be filled with low-drama owners who play the game for fun, control their own team, and don't worry about what other people are doing.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134