General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2018 RB rookie discussion

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 pm

btv802 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm
btv802 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:36 pm I have 1.02 & 2.02 and I'm thirsty as F*** for RB talent on my roster. I'll have my pick at 1.02 but worried that there will be a huge run on RBs this year considering lack of perceived talent at WR and success of '17 RB class. Will be interesting to see what's still available for me in early 2nd. I'll take a WR but as you can see from roster below...not really what I need.
Im in the exact same boat if you observe my sig.
We have a lot of crossover on our rosters :thumbup:
count me in too. But ive got 1.07 and 2.07.... If Ridley or Sutton fall to me I'll cry..
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:48 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:31 pm
btv802 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm
Bot101 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:51 pm

Im in the exact same boat if you observe my sig.
We have a lot of crossover on our rosters :thumbup:
count me in too. But ive got 1.07 and 2.07.... If Ridley or Sutton fall to me I'll cry..
At least in my situation I have Barkley locked up with the 1.01. I just hope I can get some depth with the 2.01. Ive tried unsuccessfully to trade OBJ for a package that included an RB and I tried trading Gordon for an RB.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Chubb truthers must've been secretly enjoying Monday's performance. Had to make his stock take a slight dip in the eyes of the average dynasty fan. Michel looked very special while Chubb looked very pedestrian. Granted, it makes some sense given that Bama's strength is defending up the gut rather than the edges, but still.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:47 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:21 pm Chubb truthers must've been secretly enjoying Monday's performance. Had to make his stock take a slight dip in the eyes of the average dynasty fan. Michel looked very special while Chubb looked very pedestrian. Granted, it makes some sense given that Bama's strength is defending up the gut rather than the edges, but still.
I'll have to re-watch it, but my initial impression was also that it wasn't all on Chubb. He doesn't have elite perimeter speed, and there was ZERO lanes to be had inside on most runs. I'm sticking to my Stephen Davis comp. I think in the right system he'll be a nice piece, but not elite as he was once thought of pre-injury.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:48 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:21 pm Chubb truthers must've been secretly enjoying Monday's performance. Had to make his stock take a slight dip in the eyes of the average dynasty fan. Michel looked very special while Chubb looked very pedestrian. Granted, it makes some sense given that Bama's strength is defending up the gut rather than the edges, but still.
If we stick with what we see on Chubb in that game and we are a Chubb truther... wouldn't this mean we are looking for a player that is much less that Fournette with potentionally not as good pass catching skills? I'm thinking past 3 years classes only.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 am

what do we think in the QB realm for picks 2.05 and 2.10 (10 man league)? I'm having a tough time deciding if I should draft a QB, as my league is moving from 1 QB to superflex in 2019. Should I try to nab one in that realm if they are there? or should I gamble on other positions? gambling last year at our rookie draft, if you want to call it that, boded well for me, as I was able to grab Engram and Godwin with picks 2.7 and 2.10, but missed on Joe Williams at 2.04. I grabbed Watson with my mid 4th rounder, and flipped him for D. Cook and 1.07 2018, granted, this was before we knew we were moving to superflex. Guy I traded with had D. Hop and wanted that rainbow. I may have to rethink that now that it's superflex smh.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 am

hjernazian wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 am what do we think in the QB realm for picks 2.05 and 2.10 (10 man league)? I'm having a tough time deciding if I should draft a QB, as my league is moving from 1 QB to superflex in 2019. Should I try to nab one in that realm if they are there? or should I gamble on other positions? gambling last year at our rookie draft, if you want to call it that, boded well for me, as I was able to grab Engram and Godwin with picks 2.7 and 2.10, but missed on Joe Williams at 2.04. I grabbed Watson with my mid 4th rounder, and flipped him for D. Cook and 1.07 2018, granted, this was before we knew we were moving to superflex. Guy I traded with had D. Hop and wanted that rainbow. I may have to rethink that now that it's superflex smh.
Interesting, I think I take at least 2 QBs in the draft (as long as you can get them early 2nd or later).

It's almost like trading for a top 4 pick this year, but knowing he'll tear an ACL in June 2018. So he'll be super valuable, just not so much until 2 years from now.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:11 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:58 am
hjernazian wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:50 am what do we think in the QB realm for picks 2.05 and 2.10 (10 man league)? I'm having a tough time deciding if I should draft a QB, as my league is moving from 1 QB to superflex in 2019. Should I try to nab one in that realm if they are there? or should I gamble on other positions? gambling last year at our rookie draft, if you want to call it that, boded well for me, as I was able to grab Engram and Godwin with picks 2.7 and 2.10, but missed on Joe Williams at 2.04. I grabbed Watson with my mid 4th rounder, and flipped him for D. Cook and 1.07 2018, granted, this was before we knew we were moving to superflex. Guy I traded with had D. Hop and wanted that rainbow. I may have to rethink that now that it's superflex smh.
Interesting, I think I take at least 2 QBs in the draft (as long as you can get them early 2nd or later).

It's almost like trading for a top 4 pick this year, but knowing he'll tear an ACL in June 2018. So he'll be super valuable, just not so much until 2 years from now.
my only option is grabbing them 2.05 and on... i just feel like i may miss out on a skill position player. i hate to use Kamara as a referance, but a second rounder by all measures in 2018. even if i have a 1/10 chance of hitting on someone like him, i feel like i should take it. but... not if what you're saying registers. i have all the luxury in the world in waiting for a qb to develop for a year or two or three behind Cam (once Brees is done, buying me a year or two) and Carr as my superflex (god i hate the raiders, but Gruden may give him new life - despite rumors).
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 pm

Damien Harris leaning towards returning.

Big blow to this draft
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm

I actually am not as big a fan of his as others seem to be, which is detrimental to my draft plans. One less guy to be drafted before my late firsts I own. The good news I received today is our leagues are changing their draft lotteries from early/mid summer to next week or two. I was not too keen on waiting so long since they do not turn on trading until after the lottery either.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:02 pm

Friction wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm I actually am not as big a fan of his as others seem to be, which is detrimental to my draft plans. One less guy to be drafted before my late firsts I own.
x2
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:24 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 pm Damien Harris leaning towards returning.

Big blow to this draft
Nooooo
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:26 pm

DJB wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:23 pm Damien Harris leaning towards returning.

Big blow to this draft
baffling. I see no feasible way how he improves his draft stock. Would likely have been a 2nd-3rd round pick.
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 am

It is a REAL bummer that Harris is not entering this draft. He was part of what made the tier 2 RB depth SO appealing in this draft. In initial analysis I had him as my 3rd favorite RB in this draft and in some NFL drafts he could have been the 1st RB taken, possibly as early as late in the 1st round, like a Doug Martin.

I think this is a mistake for him, not because he can't improve his potential draft stock by a little, but because for RB's age and body wear are SO important in the NFL. He's risking injury prior to getting a contract in place and he's also cutting millions of dollars off from his life time potential earnings in the NFL.

He was my favorite player I was targeting with my 1.5 or so in this draft.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:55 am

kris_kapsner wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 am It is a REAL bummer that Harris is not entering this draft. He was part of what made the tier 2 RB depth SO appealing in this draft. In initial analysis I had him as my 3rd favorite RB in this draft and in some NFL drafts he could have been the 1st RB taken, possibly as early as late in the 1st round, like a Doug Martin.

I think this is a mistake for him, not because he can't improve his potential draft stock by a little, but because for RB's age and body wear are SO important in the NFL. He's risking injury prior to getting a contract in place and he's also cutting millions of dollars off from his life time potential earnings in the NFL.

He was my favorite player I was targeting with my 1.5 or so in this draft.
I was hoping to land him at 1.08 when I first saw mocks of him around there. Then I watched most of his '17 tape and quickly realized that wasn't going to happen and I would have to move up to get him.

It's unfortunate he's not coming out. I like what I see a lot and of the tape I've watched so far - which is a little bit on most of the big name prospects - I like him the most behind Barkley and Guice.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine