General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Re: 2018 RB rookie discussion

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:58 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:06 am
MEuRaH wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:29 amWilkins over Penny and Chubb. :lol: He'll be lucky to make the roster, come on! Color coding be damned, Wilkins should be in the "invisible ink" section of the color coding. Not sure why people think he's a thing. 24 years old in a month, did nothing in college until he was a 23 year old playing against far younger players. Camp body/practice squad player.
You didn't read my explanation. The rankings I gave are year 1 rankings only. I said Wilkins will be a 1-year wonder. If he wins the starting role, due to injury or whatever, he could easily be worth a 1st rounder, and then I'd trade him away asap. That's why I have him rated so high.... so I can flip him later on. I've been drafting him for 3rds & 4ths, and if I can flip him for a 1st, then he's easily one of my favorite RBs in the draft. I did the same thing with all my copies of Alfred Morris. Hell, I did it with Darren Reaves (who?) as well.

Wilkins also the same color as Penny & Chubb, meaning I gave him in the same ranking. I think Penny will be given all the opportunity in the world to succeed... he just won't. I like Chubb, but not as a PPR back, and in a shared position for 2018.

Long term I think:

Barkley
Johnson
Michel
Freeman

Ballage
Chubb

Guice

Blue = Stud
Green = Starters
Red = Starters/Role Players
Orange = No Idea... Could Be Amazing, Could Be A Bust
Not Mentioned = Bust

For what it's worth, I'm pretty close to putting Ballage in the green section.
I know, but I don't agree, that's all. I think Penny is far superior, and Wilkins will be lucky to make the Colts roster. I personally think Penny is one of the better backs in this class, as is Chubb, and Wilkins is not even worth being mentioned in the same vein as them, as there is nothing about his bio that suggest he's even in the same stratosphere of talent as those two, that's all. If you get this right, all the power to you.
I'd like my kudos, now.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:02 pm

Those picks are looking strong, kudos!

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:02 pmThose picks are looking strong, kudos!
Thanks. I get a lot of flack each and every season, but I think my assessment of rookie RBs is probably more spot-on than any user tbh. I'd be willing to put my reputation/post history vs anyone else when it comes to RBs.

WR, QB, & TE on the other hand........ look elsewhere. I'm not even in the top half when it comes to TE/QB evaluations. One out of 4 ain't bad.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:36 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:15 pm
Thanks. I get a lot of flack each and every season, but I think my assessment of rookie RBs is probably more spot-on than any user tbh. I'd be willing to put my reputation/post history vs anyone else when it comes to RBs.

WR, QB, & TE on the other hand........ look elsewhere. I'm not even in the top half when it comes to TE/QB evaluations. One out of 4 ain't bad.
Haha noted!

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:15 pm

Still got Nick Chubb in the red? He's averaging 14.6 yards per carry these days :wink:

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm

Chubb is looking like the second best back in the class with ten career carries. He looked amazing today.
Last edited by dynastyninja on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 pm

Somebody offered me Cobb for Chubb this weekend and it was a quick decline. I believe in his talent and I have Hyde too. Looked great today.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:35 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:16 pm Chubb is looking like the second best back in the class with ten career carries. He looked amazing today.
It's gonna be tough but I think he can keep up the 35 YPC he had today.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:53 pm

Chubb broke some long runs today but... that's not sustainable and you know it haha

Still more than Penny and RoJo have done...

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Chubb was only getting a couple carries per game and averaging 7 yards per carry while Hyde was pedestrian. However, week 3 was Baker’s coming out party and Hyde showed well. Chubb has looked better with his few touches before and after week 3.

Chubb is a future stud. But it’s hard to say when that will be. It could be by mid this season. It could be next year. If could be the year after that if the coaches continue to favor the veteran presence of Hyde. It’s hard to say. But Chubb is the better back. And he showed why today with those two long TD runs.
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 pm

Don't read too much into a rushing performance against the Raiders. If he does it again, then by all means. The Raiders always do this.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:11 pm

Phaded wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:55 pm Don't read too much into a rushing performance against the Raiders. If he does it again, then by all means. The Raiders always do this.
Yep. Plus we all know what Chubb is. He's a guy that is very gifted but hasn't looked the part in a couple years. He had stud written all over him once upon a time but kind of fell off a bit after getting injured. He hasn't shown he's the same player since. Time will tell

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:28 pm

Raiders or not, Hyde was going against the same defense.

Chubb's biggest knock is that he got hurt as a freshman and hasn't looked the same since (despite consistent improvement each year). If we just assigned a different name to Chubb the prospect this offseason, he instantly gets a lot more respect. I really liked what I saw this week and have no concerns about him producing once he is given the reigns in Cleveland.

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:44 pm

jman3134 wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:58 am
jman3134 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:24 pm What about deeper prospects like Detrez Newsome, John Smith, De'Lance Turner, Trenton Cannon, Bubba Jenkins? Anyone see any of these guys?
Brief Notes on my all underrated:

John Smith, Husson - probably the most underrated atm. He is an extremely shifty back with a nice jump cut and decent vision jumping outside. What remains to be seen and what he will have to demonstrate to scouts is that he can pass catch (wasn't used this way in college b/c dominated bad competition in D3). Also, he will have to improve his YAC, as this looks to be an area he can improve on tape.
Projection: Round 6 - undrafted

Bubba Jenkins, Morningside - north-south runner, not sure he will receive the opportunities he should because I doubt his combine numbers will jump off the page in terms of raw 40 time etc. He is shifty enough and quick enough to the outside, but his real strength is his vision and patience following what the line gives him. He can pass catch, and at least makes an effort to pass block, though this could be an area of weakness moving forward. Solid fundamental back with good enough in game quickness.
Projection: Round 7 - undrafted

De'Lance Turner, Alcorn St. - strong back with decent quickness, but isn't the most explosive off the bounce, though his 40 time will likely say otherwise. He makes up for this with elusive moves, but can break tackles and might be able to have a role on special teams as well.
Projection: Round 6 - undrafted

Deshawn Salter, Yale - very, very underrated player who sat out part of the year with a broken collarbone. He is a strong back with very good athleticism and quickness. He can pass catch and does a nice job breaking tackles. He should be a camp invite at the least.
Projection: Round 7 - undrafted

Trenton Cannon, Virginia St. - in terms of shiftiness, he is right up there with Smith on this list. Cannon is explosive between the tackles, can act as a receiver at times, and possesses solid breakaway speed. I expect him to be one of the biggest risers at the combine.
Projection: Round 4 - 7

Detrez Newsome, Western Carolina - model of consistency and endurance who is a strong bruiser who can play at the NFL level. He is probably highest on scouts' radars right now and for good reason: he is tough to bring down. Athletic stats probably won't wow you, but he will make a roster.
Projection: Round 5 - 7
Like my predictions here. 3 out of 6 on NFL teams.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:21 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:06 am
MEuRaH wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:43 am
You didn't read my explanation. The rankings I gave are year 1 rankings only. I said Wilkins will be a 1-year wonder. If he wins the starting role, due to injury or whatever, he could easily be worth a 1st rounder, and then I'd trade him away asap. That's why I have him rated so high.... so I can flip him later on. I've been drafting him for 3rds & 4ths, and if I can flip him for a 1st, then he's easily one of my favorite RBs in the draft. I did the same thing with all my copies of Alfred Morris. Hell, I did it with Darren Reaves (who?) as well.

Wilkins also the same color as Penny & Chubb, meaning I gave him in the same ranking. I think Penny will be given all the opportunity in the world to succeed... he just won't. I like Chubb, but not as a PPR back, and in a shared position for 2018.

Long term I think:

Barkley
Johnson
Michel
Freeman

Ballage
Chubb

Guice

Blue = Stud
Green = Starters
Red = Starters/Role Players
Orange = No Idea... Could Be Amazing, Could Be A Bust
Not Mentioned = Bust

For what it's worth, I'm pretty close to putting Ballage in the green section.
I know, but I don't agree, that's all. I think Penny is far superior, and Wilkins will be lucky to make the Colts roster. I personally think Penny is one of the better backs in this class, as is Chubb, and Wilkins is not even worth being mentioned in the same vein as them, as there is nothing about his bio that suggest he's even in the same stratosphere of talent as those two, that's all. If you get this right, all the power to you.
I'd like my kudos, now.
so when you said "long-term" you meant "one month" :liar: