2018 RB rookie discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2018 RB rookie discussion

Postby alewilliam789 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 pm

spotxc wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:30 pm Chubb/Guice/Michel could all fight for 1.02 with draft position and landing spot imo
You guys are crazy to even mention Michel with Guice and Chubb. Nothing I've seen from Michel hints to him being anymore than a commitee back. He had a nice little breakout year, but the reason he's gaining so much steam is the whole Kamara comparison. You can tune into the tape and Kamara just looks like a more dynamic playmaker and has better quickness. Also the whole reason Kamara's situation played a huge part into him becoming that dynamic playmaker he is. Michel may be a nice little talent, but in my eyes he's nowhere near Guice or Chubb.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:48 pm

spotxc wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:30 pm Chubb/Guice/Michel could all fight for 1.02 with draft position and landing spot imo
Exactly, I think it's still way too soon to even guess who should be the 1.02, 1.03 etc.

If Chubb goes to the Colts at 2.04 or to the Pats end of round 1? I love it.

If Dallas takes a WR in round 1, that honestly might be my 1.02 in this draft.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Riffraff
Charter Member
Charter Member

Postby Riffraff » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:57 pm

One of the three is years younger than the other two. Could be a huge tie-breaker in dynasty.

SM = February 17, 1995
NC = December 27, 1995
DG = June 21, 1997

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:03 pm

Riffraff wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:57 pm
One of the three is years younger than the other two. Could be a huge tie-breaker in dynasty.

SM = February 17, 1995
NC = December 27, 1995
DG = June 21, 1997
Def gotta be guice, but age is a factor. I'd consider age into it, but chubb broke out very young also

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 pm
You guys are crazy to even mention Michel with Guice and Chubb. Nothing I've seen from Michel hints to him being anymore than a commitee back. He had a nice little breakout year, but the reason he's gaining so much steam is the whole Kamara comparison. You can tune into the tape and Kamara just looks like a more dynamic playmaker and has better quickness. Also the whole reason Kamara's situation played a huge part into him becoming that dynamic playmaker he is. Michel may be a nice little talent, but in my eyes he's nowhere near Guice or Chubb.
The exact opposite of what was being said a week ago. Good to see the importance of the underwear olympics in your evaluation. :wall:
The standard is the standard.

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:57 pm

Defender wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:57 pm
alewilliam789 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:42 pm
The exact opposite of what was being said a week ago. Good to see the importance of the underwear olympics in your evaluation. :wall:
Was thinking the same thing.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:06 pm

Lol, 3 days ago michel was in play for 2 with guice for a lot on here. Michel surged from last 2 games to combine and now is settling in a little bit until draft. I like him, but was always higher on chubb where most said he was a jag. He's a cyborg workhorse to do what he did, very AP Like.

Michel is in play for 2 for me still
Landing spot is huge tho, and draft position imo..thats why kamara did what he did was his investment and landing

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 am

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 am So I just offered my 1.06, 2.10, and 2019 1st for the 1.02 to have a better chance of hitting on an actual stud RB in Guice or Michel if he astounds the combine and gets a better landing spot

What do ya'll think? With my roster in team 1, is going from pick 6 to pick 2 worth a late 2nd and future 1st?

Probably have a few hours to pull it based off feedback. Team advice liked the trade, but I feel you guys here are more knowledgeable 1st round RBs by a good margin
I personally wouldn't do that. You have to think Sutton and possibly Ridley/Kirk/Washington go in the top 5 depending on need (I know, I don't draft that way, but some people do) leaving you with a shot at IMO the tier 2 backs - tier 1 consists of Saquon only - and tier 2 IMO has 5 guys in it. I am at 1.07 and wouldn't give up a future first, a current first, and a second to grab Guice. Again, a lot depends on pro day workouts, landing spots, etc., it's premature.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

hjernazian
Captain
Captain

Postby hjernazian » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:13 am

hjernazian wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:12 am
hockeyBjj wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:15 am So I just offered my 1.06, 2.10, and 2019 1st for the 1.02 to have a better chance of hitting on an actual stud RB in Guice or Michel if he astounds the combine and gets a better landing spot

What do ya'll think? With my roster in team 1, is going from pick 6 to pick 2 worth a late 2nd and future 1st?

Probably have a few hours to pull it based off feedback. Team advice liked the trade, but I feel you guys here are more knowledgeable 1st round RBs by a good margin
I personally wouldn't do that. You have to think Sutton and possibly Ridley/Kirk/Washington go in the top 5 depending on need (I know, I don't draft that way, but some people do) leaving you with a shot at IMO the tier 2 backs - tier 1 consists of Saquon only - and tier 2 IMO has 5 guys in it. I am at 1.07 and wouldn't give up a future first, a current first, and a second to grab Guice. Again, a lot depends on pro day workouts, landing spots, etc., it's premature.
Also, the RB class is deep, and you can potentially hit on a solid slot WR with that second. I'd rather have a tier 2 guy and a high chance of hitting on a WR/RB in the second.
Team 1

Superflex, 1.0 point PPR

QB: P. Mahomes $5, C. Newton $20, B. Mayfield $2, D. Brees
RB: D. Johnson $54, N. Chubb $4, T. Coleman $4, D. Henry $14, I. Crowell $3, J. Richard $9, J. Adams $3
WR: A. Robinson $41, T.Y. Hilton $24, J. Landry $25, C. Davis $4, C. Godwin $4, D. Hamilton $3, K. Cole, S. Shephard $10
TE: E. Engram $4, D. Njoku $2, K. Rudolph $3, V. McDonald $4
K/DEF: Irrelevant

2019: 2.04, 2.05, 2.06, 3.06, 4.06

Team 2

Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 RB/WR/TE - 25 man roster + 4 TAXI

QB: T. Brady, M. Ryan, N. Foles
RB: K. Hunt, C. McCaffrey, D. Johnson, T. Coleman, S. Ware, D. Williams, Ito Smith, D. Sproles
WR: AJ Green, A. Robinson, A. Thielen, E. Sanders, G. Tate, S. Roberts
TE: J. Reed, J. Butt, M. Roberts, V. Davis, M. Williams
TAXI: S. Darnold, D. Fountain, D. Cain, Jaleel Scott

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Combine Affect: How it should be...

Riser:
Bo Scarborough RB17–>RB14 (& jumped up a tier)
[mostly speed/weight combo]

Faller:
Kerryon Johnson RB5–>RB8 (same tier)
[mostly light weight]

Every RB in my rankings, aside from the two listed above, are in exact same place now as they were right before the Combine. It is meant to give clarity, not dictate your rankings.

Go Bucks
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Go Bucks » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Defender wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:23 pm Combine Affect: How it should be...

Riser:

Faller:
[mostly light weight]

Every RB in my rankings, aside from the two listed above, are in exact same place now as they were right before the Combine. It is meant to give clarity, not dictate your rankings.
How much weight did K Johnson drop ? Wasn't visually obvious at combine, he looked plenty big. Ordinarily bigger guys drop a few pounds to run a faster 40. But he didn't even run it at combine.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Riser:

Faller:
[mostly light weight]

Why would Scarborough be a riser? He did the one thing he can do, which is be pretty athletic.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:31 pm

So many people are going to blow a high draft pick on Sony Michel because they're chasing Alvin Kamara's unsustainable rookie year production.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13 pm

Go Bucks wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:32 pm

Riser:

Faller:
[mostly light weight]

How much weight did K Johnson drop ? Wasn't visually obvious at combine, he looked plenty big. Ordinarily bigger guys drop a few pounds to run a faster 40. But he didn't even run it at combine.
He weighed in nearly 10 pounds lighter than I expected. So I dinged him for it.

Defender
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Defender » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:17 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Riser:

Faller:
[mostly light weight]

Why would Scarborough be a riser? He did the one thing he can do, which is be pretty athletic.
Perhaps I was being to harsh on the guy in the first place, but I didn’t see that athleticism pre-combine. The important thing isn’t that he is a riser, it’s that he is now my RB14 in this class. Do you rank him lower?