2018 RB rookie discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Wsn21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: 2018 RB rookie discussion

Postby Wsn21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 am

Friction wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm I actually am not as big a fan of his as others seem to be, which is detrimental to my draft plans. One less guy to be drafted before my late firsts I own. The good news I received today is our leagues are changing their draft lotteries from early/mid summer to next week or two. I was not too keen on waiting so long since they do not turn on trading until after the lottery either.
Is this Masters? I recently saw someone post about masters and your name looks familiar(and the lineup req. is the same)

If so, i didnt see this message?
12team ppr 1qb/1rb/1wr/2flex/1te

Qb: Mahomes
Rb: CEH/ Miles Sanders/ C Patt/ Sermon
Wr: Mclaurin/ Devonta Smith/ Toney/ Bryan Edwards/ M Callaway/ Slayton
Te: Gesicki/ Everett/ Dan Arnold
K: h butker

2023 x7 1sts

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:17 pm

James McGhee wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:29 pm
Michel:
His movement is very fluid and he has great hands. He has good speed but won't knock anyone's socks off. Drafted to the right team he could be fantasy relevant in PPR but he doesn't scream stud either.
He is the only offensive player I saw all season look fast against Alabama's defense. I think Sony will be the steal of this draft. Landing spots will matter, but I can see him as high as my RB2.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Wsn21 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:34 am
Friction wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:56 pm I actually am not as big a fan of his as others seem to be, which is detrimental to my draft plans. One less guy to be drafted before my late firsts I own. The good news I received today is our leagues are changing their draft lotteries from early/mid summer to next week or two. I was not too keen on waiting so long since they do not turn on trading until after the lottery either.
Is this Masters? I recently saw someone post about masters and your name looks familiar(and the lineup req. is the same)

Yes, it is Masters. They said they will be starting the draft lotteries in the next week. I have a bunch of leagues on there and received that email on every one I believe. I think it is embedded somewhere in one of the more recent Payout/Renewal email blasts.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Wsn21
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wsn21 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm

Friction wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

Yes, it is Masters. They said they will be starting the draft lotteries in the next week. I have a bunch of leagues on there and received that email on every one I believe. I think it is embedded somewhere in one of the more recent Payout/Renewal email blasts.
I havent renewed and didnt get paid out this year so i had no idea, thanks!

I wonder if that means they open the trading earlier this year?
12team ppr 1qb/1rb/1wr/2flex/1te

Qb: Mahomes
Rb: CEH/ Miles Sanders/ C Patt/ Sermon
Wr: Mclaurin/ Devonta Smith/ Toney/ Bryan Edwards/ M Callaway/ Slayton
Te: Gesicki/ Everett/ Dan Arnold
K: h butker

2023 x7 1sts

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Damien :( ....one top 5 back out.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:12 pm

Wsn21 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:46 pm
Friction wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm

I havent renewed and didnt get paid out this year so i had no idea, thanks!

I wonder if that means they open the trading earlier this year?
They certainly should open trading early, for those who are renewed of course. They did push the deadline back to week 10.
Valhalla's Father

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:28 pm

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:17 pm
James McGhee wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:29 pm
Michel:
His movement is very fluid and he has great hands. He has good speed but won't knock anyone's socks off. Drafted to the right team he could be fantasy relevant in PPR but he doesn't scream stud either.
He is the only offensive player I saw all season look fast against Alabama's defense. I think Sony will be the steal of this draft. Landing spots will matter, but I can see him as high as my RB2.
With Harris staying Michel is my RB#3 in this class...of the ones I've watched so far...Love, Jones II, Chubb. I haven't gotten around to Barkley and Guice because there seems to be a consensus and at 1.01-1.02 they won't be options for me.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

spotxc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby spotxc » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:51 pm

Be interesting to hear the debate of michel vs chubb without knowing landing spots

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:38 pm

What are the thoughts on Pettway?

6'0" 235
Good size. He seems to have good speed.

He also seems to run smaller than he is at times and of the tape I have watched he only caught one pass. Is that due to his lack of pass catching chops or is it a product of the Auburn offense?

He seems a bit one dimensional but I do love me a big back who can run fast.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:29 am I didn't have the time to scout much last offseason, but I'm back at it again this year. I think this year's RB class is the best class in the past decade, excluding last year (which is kinda cheap, I know, but I didn't scout them so I can't rate them). There are at 6-7 backs I've already watched that I feel are better than half the starting backs in the NFL.
Losing Harris and Love hurts this class. Not so sure I'd put this as the best in the past decade anymore, but I still like this class a lot.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:02 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:19 pm
dynastyninja wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:29 am I didn't have the time to scout much last offseason, but I'm back at it again this year. I think this year's RB class is the best class in the past decade, excluding last year (which is kinda cheap, I know, but I didn't scout them so I can't rate them). There are at 6-7 backs I've already watched that I feel are better than half the starting backs in the NFL.
Losing Harris and Love hurts this class. Not so sure I'd put this as the best in the past decade anymore, but I still like this class a lot.
Yeah, we've been very fortunate at RB. I started digging into the '19 class last week, and it feels like we'll finally be having our first WR class since '14 that will push out high end talent + depth.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:56 pm

My updated top 5.

1. Barkley
2. Guice - Looked much better after he was healthy
3. Michel
4. Chubb
5. Jones II

Anyone else with personal rankings at this point?
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 pm

Barkley
Guice
Michel
Jones II
Chubb

Speed is becoming more and more important in the NFL as opposed to power (because linebackers are getting smaller and faster and are still good at wrapping guys up and gang tackling them) obviously this will change with the combine depending on how Michel and Jones weigh in, and how fast Chubb is on the 40
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:27 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 pm Speed is becoming more and more important in the NFL as opposed to power (because linebackers are getting smaller and faster and are still good at wrapping guys up and gang tackling them) obviously this will change with the combine depending on how Michel and Jones weigh in, and how fast Chubb is on the 40
Eh, Hunt looked pretty good this year shedding those smaller LB's arm tackles and creating big plays despite below average speed.

The key is if you're a power guy, that power needs to be in your legs, not your upper body. When you have guys breaking tackles with their upper body it slows them down too much and they get gang tackled. But when that power is in big tree trunk thighs like Hunt or Zeke you can tear through those tackles without slowing down, which is what leads to big gains.

I haven't watched a ton of Chubb, but just skimming him it looks like his power is in his thighs, which would be a good thing.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:43 pm

I could see John Kelley being a late riser with the couple backs returning to school. I think he declared last i heard. I could see people liking him, being a Volunteer and Kamara's success. Not saying they are similar players by any means.
Valhalla's Father