Will be drafted
34%

Total votes: 65

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Carson Palmer retires - Cardinals QB Discussion

Postby Goddard » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:23 am

Cousins would be nice for them, but I don't see any incentive for him to go there. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a McCown type for one year while they either draft someone this year to eventually take over, or completely tank next year and draft someone early in 2019.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 pm

I havent seen any Blaine Gabbert supporters yet ...

:think: :think:

:lol: :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:58 pm

I think it is interesting that the vote is split 50/50 between draft & FA - guess that shows we dont have a clear idea on what to speculate the Cardinals should / will do ...

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:28 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:57 pm I havent seen any Blaine Gabbert supporters yet ...

:think: :think:

:lol: :lol:
Actually a little surprised. Probably just an Arians favorite though.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Brissett to the Cardinals. Cards give up an o-lineman for him.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:20 pm

I can see them not signing someone till after the draft, try to grab a Mayfield type guy, or Jackson. And possibly sign someone if they are comfortable with the draft.

I think Cousins is going to be thrown around to every team that can use a qb... but I think he's just a young version of palmer lol

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:50 pm

I was thinking Lamar time frame in the draft.

Do people really think keenum is out in Minn? Even if they win?

This team isn't bad, they win seven games with next to zero skill players minus Larry fitz. That defense is real. They keep reloading that side of the ball. They still have Jones, Peterson, Buchanan, baker, nkemdichie on that side of the ball who have played really well. Focus on offense in draft and FA and I don't see why they're not right back in it.i do agree about that division though. Scary

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:56 pm

They had some lingering injuries, but I really like their receiving core moving forward if Fitz doesn't retire. Throw In David Johnson and you have a formidable offensive lineup. Worst case scenario, Blaine Gabbert had his moments late and probably could fill in, if the rookie they draft is taking time to develop.
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:13 pm

I think a trade for Alex Smith makes the most sense. The cap strapped Cheifs may be highly motivated to save 20 million by trading him away. And at age 33 he's got plenty left in the tank.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Jason
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Jason » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:02 am

Arizona is an obvious landing spot for an Eli Manning if he's released or perhaps a Tyrod Taylor if Buffalo's front office still hates him. I think they'll draft a young QB like a Mayfield and bring in a vet to hold down the fort and for the purpose of trying to convince Larry Fitz to stay 1 more year.

I thought about Alex Smith, but if they spend the draft capital to trade for Alex Smith then he's going to be their long term starter and I just think with a new head coach who will want his own guys and an aging roster that needs to be overhauled a little anyway, they'll be looking for a young signal caller and to fill other needs with those picks. Reminds me when SF cleaned house of Kaep/Gabbert/Ponder and went with a Vet and developmental QB in Hoyer and Beathard.

I could see Alex Smith to Washington in a panic move once Kirk Cousins signs a mega deal with the Jets or something. KC gets him out of the AFC then and the Skins get to save a little face.

Barring a deep run, Buffalo's plan all along was obvious, collect draft capital and select a new franchise QB. Perhaps a QB falls or they trade up, wouldn't surprise me. They could keep Tyrod as a lame duck like KC did with Alex Smith too.

Browns, Giants, Broncos are all in position to select early QBs. Bengals and Redskins at 12 and 13 and Arizona at 15. You got Rosen, Allen, Jackson, Mayfield, Darnold all looking like high draft picks, it's looking like a musical chairs game where some veteran QBs will be left standing when the music stops.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:23 am

Alex Smith is out of the picture - and current rumours suggest Cousins is Denver bound ... that could mean Arizona is going to have to go draft route ...

Also kudos to the poster above who predicted Smith to Washington!

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:41 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:23 am Alex Smith is out of the picture - and current rumours suggest Cousins is Denver bound ... that could mean Arizona is going to have to go draft route ...

Also kudos to the poster above who predicted Smith to Washington!
And it looks like Teddy’s contract may be rolled over, so he might not be a FA after all...

The dominos are falling...

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:13 pm

Foles to Arizona via trade could be a possibility now ...

The Pyrate
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby The Pyrate » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:07 pm

GLSmk wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:00 pm Brissett to the Cardinals. Cards give up an o-lineman for him.
Colts fan here, and we do need anything the Cards could send...
But it won't happen once Josh McDaniels is announced head coach of the Colts in 3....2....1... :clap:

StableOfRBs
Starter
Starter

Postby StableOfRBs » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:01 am

Could see the eagles trading Foles to AZ for a 2nd or a 3rd plus something, would give them a cheap option for next year and the chance to sign him to an extension in 2019
Greek Mythology League - Heracles - 2QB/3RB/4WR/2TE/2Flex/2DT/2DE/4LB/2CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/13740#1

Marvel vs. DC League - Lords of Order - 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1SFlex/2Flex/1DT/2DE/3LB/1CB/2S/1DFlex:
https://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2022/home/58114#1