DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Re: 2018 Off-Season Trade Thread

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 am

I did the following trade this week.

I give: Lee & Brate
I get: Cobb

My thinking: With Jordy gone I think Cobb bounces back this year. Had to diversify too from all my JAG players with Moncreif landing there. Also thinking Brate will drive me crazy with inconsistency due to Howard and I'm deep at TE.

Excited to have a pass catcher from Rodgers. Classic buy low opportunity in my mind.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:19 pm

jtsmalls wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:15 am I did the following trade this week.

My thinking: With Jordy gone I think Cobb bounces back this year. Had to diversify too from all my JAG players with Moncreif landing there. Also thinking Brate will drive me crazy with inconsistency due to Howard and I'm deep at TE.

Excited to have a pass catcher from Rodgers. Classic buy low opportunity in my mind.
I'd anticipate Lee and Cobb to be roughly equal in PPR, so I'd have to take the Brate side. BUT, I can understand wanting a piece of a Rodgers led offense and with Jordy gone there is a small chance Cobb bounces back, so Brate is a relatively small price to pay to see how it plays out (And you have TE depth). Overall it's close though if you believe in Cobb.
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 pm

Just completed for Team 2 in my sig..PPR league.

Sent: S. Perine, N. Agholor
Received: D. Funchess, 3.05 (devy league, so pick is equivalent to 4th round pick in a standard league).

I already have Alshon and Ajayi so I have enough Eagles from a fantasy perspective, although Agholor is quite decent in PPR. Perine, I'm hedging my bets on and was scared off by the recent news blurbs saying they plan to take a RB in the draft (which makes sense). Also with only 2 good games last year he could be written out of the offense (also little appeal in PPR with Thompson around and Perine's skillset). Funchess will have additional competition this year no doubt, but played well last year so I wanted to take a shot. Funchess has a higher ceiling imo.
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 pm Just completed for Team 2 in my sig..PPR league.

Received: D. Funchess, 3.05 (devy league, so pick is equivalent to 4th round pick in a standard league).

I already have Alshon and Ajayi so I have enough Eagles from a fantasy perspective, although Agholor is quite decent in PPR. Perine, I'm hedging my bets on and was scared off by the recent news blurbs saying they plan to take a RB in the draft (which makes sense). Also with only 2 good games last year he could be written out of the offense (also little appeal in PPR with Thompson around and Perine's skillset). Funchess will have additional competition this year no doubt, but played well last year so I wanted to take a shot. Funchess has a higher ceiling imo.

I like this deal. I admit, even though he may not be “exciting” per se, but I like Funchess more than most. To me, there’s a lot to like, first, he’s their #1WR and it doesn’t look like they are going to upgrade much at WR, secondly, he’s really young and came into his own last season. I was surprised about Agholor, I probably gave up on him too quick but he definitely showed that he belongs in this league but out of Funchess or Agholor, I’m taking Funchess rather easily. The only way I see you losing this deal is if Perine has a monster season but that’s a total wildcard right now.

Scarecrow2wm
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Scarecrow2wm » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 pm

I just wanna see how in general people value trades. Cause I keep try to be active In the trade scene but every time I send a trade they are like naw. Or when I get sent a trade it seems like they are trying to take advantage of me. Examples of each
A trade sent to me was me give up Alex Smith for Eli Manning straight up. My other QBs were Derek Carr and Marcus Marriotta.
A trade I sent
How about this trade.
I give Bortles, Dez Bryant, Jordan Reed, Tuitt, and Rhodes
For Prescott and your 1.02, and 2.03 pick
I am the Bortles owner he was wanting defense, tight end and receiver, his other QBs are cousins and Luck.
Am I way off on my values
QB:
Deshaun Watson, $2 for 3 years
Ben Roethlisberger $5 @2 years
RB:
LeVeon Bell $6@2yr
DOUG MARTIN $5 for 3 years
TEVIN COLEMAN $3 for 1 years
Rashard Penny $3@ 4years
Tarik Cohen $11 @ 5years
BILAL POWELL $1 for 2 years
Alex Collins $1 for 3 years
Nyheim Hines $2@5yr
WR:
Devin Funchess $5@4yrs
MARVIN JONES $6 for 2 years
JOSH GORDON $1 for 2 years
DEVANTE PARKER $3 for 1 years
TE:
Evan Engram $2 @3 years
Dallas Godert $1 @ 4 years
Ben Watson $1 @1
Practice Squad
QB:
Josh Rosen $2@ 4 years
RB:
DEVONTAE BOOKER $2 for 2 years
Jaylen Samuels $1@ 4 years
Justin Jackson RB $1@ 5 years
WR:
John Ross $3 for 3 yrs
Antonio Callaway $1@ 4 years
Keke Coutee $1@ 4 years
Jarius Wright $1 @4 years
James Washington $2@ 5 years

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 pm

Scarecrow2wm wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 pm I just wanna see how in general people value trades. Cause I keep try to be active In the trade scene but every time I send a trade they are like naw. Or when I get sent a trade it seems like they are trying to take advantage of me. Examples of each
A trade sent to me was me give up Alex Smith for Eli Manning straight up. My other QBs were Derek Carr and Marcus Marriotta.
A trade I sent
How about this trade.
I am the Bortles owner he was wanting defense, tight end and receiver, his other QBs are cousins and Luck.
A few things. In the future I think a question like this belongs in the "team advice" section. But that aside, to get better trade related advice people should know your starting requirements, # of teams, general scoring setup, etc..

With Alex Smith for Eli...Yeah, that's BS but it let's you know the other owner is interested in Smith, so if you're willing to move him, make a counter you like. IN the trade you sent, I can't value Tuitt or Rhodes, but the rest...I see Reed with his value crashing to a very late 2nd or early 3rd due to injuries/concussions/no Cousins, Dez who also has depressed value/no longer considered a top stud, and Bortles...No one is too excited about Bortles, unless maybe it's a Superflex league. So you want back the 1.2 during rookie fever. I doubt the entire offer would net you the 1.2 and a top young QB in Prescott. So unless those IDP players are worth a lot, this isn't a deal you could expect would happen in most leagues. And I forgot to factor in the 2.3 on top of it all. But you miss 100% percent of the deals you don't offer, so hopefully this initiates a counter for the other owner and go from there.

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs

Scarecrow2wm
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Scarecrow2wm » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:52 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 pm
Scarecrow2wm wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:41 pm I just wanna see how in general people value trades. Cause I keep try to be active In the trade scene but every time I send a trade they are like naw. Or when I get sent a trade it seems like they are trying to take advantage of me. Examples of each
A trade I sent
How about this trade.
A few things. In the future I think a question like this belongs in the "team advice" section. But that aside, to get better trade related advice people should know your starting requirements, # of teams, general scoring setup, etc..

With Alex Smith for Eli...Yeah, that's BS but it let's you know the other owner is interested in Smith, so if you're willing to move him, make a counter you like. IN the trade you sent, I can't value Tuitt or Rhodes, but the rest...I see Reed with his value crashing to a very late 2nd or early 3rd due to injuries/concussions/no Cousins, Dez who also has depressed value/no longer considered a top stud, and Bortles...No one is too excited about Bortles, unless maybe it's a Superflex league. So you want back the 1.2 during rookie fever. I doubt the entire offer would net you the 1.2 and a top young QB in Prescott. So unless those IDP players are worth a lot, this isn't a deal you could expect would happen in most leagues. And I forgot to factor in the 2.3 on top of it all. But you miss 100% percent of the deals you don't offer, so hopefully this initiates a counter for the other owner and go from there.
Ok. Sorry about posting in the wrong spot. Yeah I guess more info would be good. I am used to places where people want you to sum up quickly. Thanks for the advice and critiques I will use them for sure.
QB:
Deshaun Watson, $2 for 3 years
Ben Roethlisberger $5 @2 years
RB:
LeVeon Bell $6@2yr
DOUG MARTIN $5 for 3 years
TEVIN COLEMAN $3 for 1 years
Rashard Penny $3@ 4years
Tarik Cohen $11 @ 5years
BILAL POWELL $1 for 2 years
Alex Collins $1 for 3 years
Nyheim Hines $2@5yr
WR:
Devin Funchess $5@4yrs
MARVIN JONES $6 for 2 years
JOSH GORDON $1 for 2 years
DEVANTE PARKER $3 for 1 years
TE:
Evan Engram $2 @3 years
Dallas Godert $1 @ 4 years
Ben Watson $1 @1
Practice Squad
QB:
Josh Rosen $2@ 4 years
RB:
DEVONTAE BOOKER $2 for 2 years
Jaylen Samuels $1@ 4 years
Justin Jackson RB $1@ 5 years
WR:
John Ross $3 for 3 yrs
Antonio Callaway $1@ 4 years
Keke Coutee $1@ 4 years
Jarius Wright $1 @4 years
James Washington $2@ 5 years

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:28 am

I like that deal also

Chandler Bing
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Chandler Bing » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:29 am

Dr.Graffin wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:24 pm Just completed for Team 2 in my sig..PPR league.

Funchess

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:09 am

Yeah I like this trade a lot for you. Lee should still be solid and Brate was pretty inconsistent last year, but Cobb should see a resurgence without Jordy in town.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 am

For a team NOT in sig, I sold Mixon for the 1.02 and 1.10.

Y'all know I LOVE Mixon, and it was hard to see him go, but I owned him in all 3 of my leagues so I figured it would be wise to divest a bit.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:32 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 am For a team NOT in sig, I sold Mixon for the 1.02 and 1.10.

Y'all know I LOVE Mixon, and it was hard to see him go, but I owned him in all 3 of my leagues so I figured it would be wise to divest a bit.
That's a good return for Mixon I think. Seems to me in a lot of leagues he didn't go as high a 1.02 (not sure where you took him lukky). And you get 1.10 on top. Plus the argument for not being too heavily invested on one player is legit to me.

One injury could kill multiple team's seasons.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am

1.02 > Mixon so getting 1.10 on top is gravy.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

BigJoeWall72
Role Player
Role Player

Postby BigJoeWall72 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 am

Vcize wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:45 am 1.02 > Mixon so getting 1.10 on top is gravy.
x2

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:14 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:19 am For a team NOT in sig, I sold Mixon for the 1.02 and 1.10.

:surprised: traitor!