Cheap (maybe free???) RB you should add!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Cheap (maybe free???) RB you should add!

Postby Servo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:49 am

Lol, it's the same "thing" people were saying about Alex Collins last year...,"Oh man, I had him and dropped him!!!!!!!"

At the tail end of last year, Williams was probably rostered because he was getting some PT in Miami...but he goes to a backfield with Hunt and Ware and is presumed dead. Unless you're bare bones at the position..how are you holding onto a 3rd string running back? The only silver lining you can "have" is that you had enough FAAB or acted quick enough to the Hunt news to scoop him up.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Re: Cheap (maybe free???) RB you should add!

Postby ninotoreS » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:40 am

ArrylT wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 pm Depends on the roster size. I carried Damien Williams on a 16 team 25 man roster for all the off-season and all but a small portion of the regular season (dropped & re-acquired a few weeks later).
In a 16-teamer, I think it's more justifiable to keep an extreme deep-dive RB stash -- as Williams was -- rostered. Most teams are scraping the waiver-wire barrel in leagues that size.

So I guess I should have clarified my comment in the context of a 12-teamer. In a 12-teamer with 16 bench spots, I can always find something with better near-term prospects to stash than a 26 y/o journeyman RB that isn't getting any snaps.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE