Cheap (maybe free???) RB you should add!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Cheap (maybe free???) RB you should add!

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:35 pm

Damien Williams... WOOHOO, how's that for a sexy name!!!!!

Seriously tho, he's not a bad back at all. Good size & feet, honest workman-back who's no worse than Rob Kelley, Samaje Perine, Peyton Barber, Mike Gillislee, Orleans Darkwa. Maybe most importantly, he's a very solid pass-blocker.

Set to be a free agent this coming year. No, of course he won't sign to be anyone's starter, but he's good enough to slide in as a clear #2 (so possible valuable handcuff, if he goes to the Cards/Rams/Bills/Chargers); in a more attractive scenario, he goes to a muddled situation like: staying in Miami (I don't think Drake has "sewn up" that job), NYG, Indy, NE, Detroit, NYJ, etc and either he wins some semblance of a committee-lead role, OR he "wins" the job outright and you have a nice little 2-4 week sell window, a la Gillislee last year or Blount this year.

Again, not saying you should go out and offer up a late 2nd, but by all means scoop him up if he's free, and I'd be willing to throw a late-3rd or 4th all day at him.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Cheap (maybe free???) RB you should add!

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:33 am

I would bet he stays in Miami.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:38 am

I wouldn't add him unless it was from waivers. Can't see him being anything more than serving as a backup. Same as he's done for the last four years.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

NY CAT
Captain
Captain

Postby NY CAT » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:10 am

I say Tion Green.
Free and in a interesting situation in Detroit.

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:00 pm

NY CAT wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:10 am I say Tion Green.
Free and in a interesting situation in Detroit.
Any place I can get Green for free or very cheap I am buying until at least the draft. He is not supremely talented but watching him play he could easily fill a Joque Bell roll for them.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 pm

I wish I had stuck to my guns and kept him over the off-season....
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:08 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 pm I wish I had stuck to my guns and kept him over the off-season....
I wish I hadnt dropped him after the fantasy semi finals....

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:16 am

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 pmI wish I had stuck to my guns and kept him over the off-season....
The right move was to drop him. If you kept every single player you thought someday might be a key player, you'd run out of room on your team.

The only reason he's even relevant right now is because Kareem Hunt did a bad thing, KC has a good team with a great offense and great O-line, and they won some playoff games so he keeps getting views from many people. If any of this doesn't happen, he'd never be mentioned again.

He's not the future, he's the "now". Dude is 26 going on 27 I think? He won't be of any value next year. He sucked and sucked and sucked and sucked, and now he's in a good situation. He's like the Knowshon Moreno of today.

Pass.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:45 pm

MEuRaH wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:16 am
lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 pmI wish I had stuck to my guns and kept him over the off-season....
The right move was to drop him. If you kept every single player you thought someday might be a key player, you'd run out of room on your team.

The only reason he's even relevant right now is because Kareem Hunt did a bad thing, KC has a good team with a great offense and great O-line, and they won some playoff games so he keeps getting views from many people. If any of this doesn't happen, he'd never be mentioned again.

He's not the future, he's the "now". Dude is 26 going on 27 I think? He won't be of any value next year. He sucked and sucked and sucked and sucked, and now he's in a good situation. He's like the Knowshon Moreno of today.

Pass.
I'll address my counterpoints in order of your corresponding paragraphs.

1. Like him or not, I disagree that the right move was to drop him. If you didn't have roster space, then trading him for a pick would of been the right move. If you needed a lotto ticket for next season, a holding pattern would of been the right move. I'm sorry but imo dropping wasn't the correct move.

2. Yes he's relevant now because of Hunt getting the boot, but so what. You can't succeed without opportunity, and Williams is making the most of his. How Williams got an opportunity to play doesn't make the yards he runs for count for any less, he doesn't get 3 pts for all his TDs because he was the backup. How a player gets on the field is irrelevant, it's what they do on the field that counts. And yes, system/scheme plays into it, but it played into it just as much for Hunt as it is for Williams...

3. Do you think that NFL coaches care if he's 27, they don't, they care about production. The only ppl with the intense preoccupation with age are dynasty football players. I agree that he's the "now" guy, but he can be the "now" guy and the guy for the next couple yrs. Williams has a ton of tread left on his tires, he's producing at elite levels, he is valuable on all three downs, and he's cheap. Sounds like a typical Andy Reid RB to me. We can't accurately assess his value next yr because we aren't Marty McFly, but he has trade value now. Like you say, "now he's in a good situation," and situation matters, esp for RBs.

IMO, he's a buy, hold, or trade depending on how risky you are.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm

He's not the future, he's the "now". Dude is 26 going on 27 I think? He won't be of any value next year. He sucked and now he's in a good situation. He's like the Knowshon Moreno of today.
I don't think this is a bad comp. Knowshon at the same age put up one monster season in the right system and ended up a top 5 rb that year. 1600 total yards/60 receptions/13 tds. That has value, even if it's only for a season.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:01 pm I wish I had stuck to my guns and kept him over the off-season....
Kudos on the call and the honesty. :thumbup:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:42 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:53 pm
He's not the future, he's the "now". Dude is 26 going on 27 I think? He won't be of any value next year. He sucked and now he's in a good situation. He's like the Knowshon Moreno of today.
I don't think this is a bad comp. Knowshon at the same age put up one monster season in the right system and ended up a top 5 rb that year. 1600 total yards/60 receptions/13 tds. That has value, even if it's only for a season.
If you want a better comp, think Priest Holmes. His path is much more similar to Damien Williams than Knowshon Moreno's.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... lmPr00.htm

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:33 pm

It would have objectively been a waste of a bench spot to have rostered Williams Weeks 1 through 12. Dude had six touches all year before Week 13.

You should only blame yourself if you didn't even try to add Williams when Hunt was waived. Otherwise, you did nothing 'wrong'.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:55 pm

ninotoreS wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:33 pm
It would have objectively been a waste of a bench spot to have rostered Williams Weeks 1 through 12. Dude had six touches all year before Week 13.

You should only blame yourself if you didn't even try to add Williams when Hunt was waived. Otherwise, you did nothing 'wrong'.
Agree completely
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:28 pm

Depends on the roster size. I carried Damien Williams on a 16 team 25 man roster for all the off-season and all but a small portion of the regular season (dropped & re-acquired a few weeks later). At no time did I ever get a trade offer for him (still havent).
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..