Is Phillip Lindsay on anyone’s radar?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Re: Is Phillip Lindsay on anyone’s radar?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:53 am

He passes the eye test for me as well. Smaller guy who plays with a lot of heart. Runs inside very well. Obviously has the speed to get around on the outside as well. And his hands/route-running are elite for the RB position. But from all the reports we've gotten during training camp and the preseason, it is the intangibles that are most impressive. Attitude, work-ethic, ability to learn. You don't come out un-drafted from a low-tier Division 1 school and get on the NFL field as fast and often as this dude has without turning a lot of heads.

I don't know why this guy isn't more hyped-up by the fantasy community. He is one of this season's revelations.

I supposed the counter-argument is that there's always a few guys who come out of nowhere, flash for a few weeks, and then return to obscurity. That may be the case with Lindsay... I doubt it. But it could be.

Full disclosure: I own Lindsay in both my leagues. Having snapped him up in July and August, respectively.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:08 pm

I'm ashamed this is my first time watching him (can you blame me for not wanting to watch DEN games?). Everyone just assumed Royce was the guy and Lindsay has proven himself. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain it.

Some players with lesser draft capital get way shorter of a leash. That would be my concern as a Lindsay owner and the only thing a Royce owner can hope for.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Yet another game where Lindsay is head and shoulders above Freeman. Feel like Denver may be wisely rationing Lindsay’s usage to keep him fresh and healthy as a smaller back. What Lindsay owners really need is Denver to abandon wasted snaps on Booker on 3rd downs and give Lindsay more passing work.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:47 am

I think that's what Denver needs as well. Just abandon Booker completely - capable reserve so keep him around, but don't give him playing time - then really use Freeman and Lindsay as a one-two punch. Giving equal touches to both, in my opinion, is probably best for both of them in the long term, and seems to be working. Just give them both more touches this year until they can fix Keenum / get a new QB next year.

Limited touches each week at the moment though - are Denver not getting the ball that much in games, or are they not running the hurry up that often? With the players they have, increasing the pace feels like it could benefit them a lot?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 pm

Why do people feel it is so necessary to replace Booker in the passing game? His numbers look decent and I haven’t really seen anything in the couple games I’ve watched to suggest he’s bad, or even worse than Lindsay. This seems like just a lot of hopeful talk from Lindsay owners.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Life of Pablo
Starter
Starter

Postby Life of Pablo » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Cult of Dionysus wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:53 am He passes the eye test for me as well. Smaller guy who plays with a lot of heart. Runs inside very well. Obviously has the speed to get around on the outside as well. And his hands/route-running are elite for the RB position. But from all the reports we've gotten during training camp and the preseason, it is the intangibles that are most impressive. Attitude, work-ethic, ability to learn. You don't come out un-drafted from a low-tier Division 1 school and get on the NFL field as fast and often as this dude has without turning a lot of heads.

I don't know why this guy isn't more hyped-up by the fantasy community. He is one of this season's revelations.

I supposed the counter-argument is that there's always a few guys who come out of nowhere, flash for a few weeks, and then return to obscurity. That may be the case with Lindsay... I doubt it. But it could be.

Full disclosure: I own Lindsay in both my leagues. Having snapped him up in July and August, respectively.
Probably because there are many people that were too fixated on the top 8 rookie RBs and dismissed Lindsay's initial noise/hype with "he's small, undrafted, they drafted Royce to be the guy, etc", and now they're bitter that they missed out and hope he slows down so they can feel better about never going after him.

Source: I'm one of those bitter people lol. Thought about taking a stab at him, but nooooo, I just had to keep giving Josh Doctson another chance. Missed him and cut Doctson a couple weeks later. Anyway, I'm thinking of offering my (late) 1st for him but I don't even think that'll be enough to get him at this point. I wouldn't blame any Lindsay owners for being in love with him at the moment. He looks very legit out there.

The only concern/limit to him is if his smaller frame would ever allow him to handle more than 15 touches a game (or even earn the opportunity for that). So his upside seems to be a bit capped from ever hitting consistent RB1 territory. But he does run very tough between the tackles so who knows. Kinda reminds me of Breida in that regard (another player who's looked very impressive but has questions regarding how much of a workload he can handle).
10-team standard, 18-man rosters (plus K/D + 1 IR + 2 TAXI)
1QB | 2RB | 2WR | 1TE | 1FLEX
2021: 8-6, 5th (AP: 76-50 / 60.3%, 3rd) ||| Runner-up
2022: 5-1, 2nd (AP: 47-7 / 87.0%, 1st)

QB: Hurts, Russ, Carr
RB: Chubb, Pierce, Swift, JRob, D'Ernest, Ford
WR: Diggs, Evans, GDavis, Nuk, Keenan, Hollywood, Mooney, CSamuel, Doubs
TE: Kelce, Dulcich, Fant
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th
2024 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th

raiders444
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby raiders444 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:49 pm

jcc6fd wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:15 pm Yet another game where Lindsay is head and shoulders above Freeman. Feel like Denver may be wisely rationing Lindsay’s usage to keep him fresh and healthy as a smaller back. What Lindsay owners really need is Denver to abandon wasted snaps on Booker on 3rd downs and give Lindsay more passing work.
Agree they may be trying to limit his usage and keep him fresh. What I don't get is, why is he still returning punts and kickoffs? Too much risk of injury, as we saw with DaeSean Hamilton getting hurt
Team 1 - 16 TEAM PPR - 1 QB / 2 RB / 3 WR / 1 TE / 1 D/ST / 1 K
QB: Lamar Jackson, Malik Willis, Sam Howell
RB: Saquon Barkley, Ken Walker, Michael Carter, Khalil Herbert, Keontay Ingram
WR: Chris Godwin, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer, Terrace Marshall, Christian Watson, John Metchie, Mack Hollins
TE: Kyle Pitts, Chiggie Okonkwo
K: Justin Tucker
D/ST: Titans, Falcons

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:26 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 pm Why do people feel it is so necessary to replace Booker in the passing game? His numbers look decent and I haven’t really seen anything in the couple games I’ve watched to suggest he’s bad, or even worse than Lindsay. This seems like just a lot of hopeful talk from Lindsay owners.
Lindsay just looks better in the passing game. Versus the cardinals, I only saw him get one target, on 3 & 5 and he picked up 6 for the first down, and had to make a play and break a tackle to get it. For other passing plays he was in, I just felt he picked up his blocks better. I don't remember the play where booker got negative yardage on his only reception, but I do remember seeing him miss blocks, and be no where near a keenum pass on third down intended for him.

RBs need snaps to get into a rhythm (apparently) - when you've got two playing well, why keep giving snaps to another guy who's not showing anything?
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

kmbryant09
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby kmbryant09 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:50 pm

ericanadian wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:06 pm Why do people feel it is so necessary to replace Booker in the passing game? His numbers look decent and I haven’t really seen anything in the couple games I’ve watched to suggest he’s bad, or even worse than Lindsay. This seems like just a lot of hopeful talk from Lindsay owners.
I watch just about every snap of every Broncos game... Booker has proven to be the definition of average.

He was beat out by both Lindsay and Freeman, yet somehow the coaching staff decides its best to still use Booker on most 3rd down situations - which are often the most important.

Some people think he's a pretty good blocker, but trust me, he's nothing special. He completely whiffed on a block against Arizona on a 3rd down in the red zone that led directly to a sack.

Every snap that Booker takes from Lindsay (and even from Freeman) is a wasted snap and inexcusable from this coaching staff.
10-team/.5 PPR/5 Pts per Passing TD. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLEX (rb/wr/te)
QB: J. Hurts, K. Murray
RB: Bi. Robinson, D. Henry, D. Achane, , J. Cook, Z. Charbonnet, T. Chandler, R. Johnson, K. Mitchell, J.K. Dobbins, T. Allgeier, J. McLaughlin, S. Tucker, T. Bigsby
WR: G. Wilson, B. Aiyuk, J. Waddle, T. Higgins,, Z. Flowers, Di. Johnson, K. Toney, A. Iosivas
TE: K. Pitts, E. Engram, C. Okonkwo, G. Dulcich

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:03 am

Booker = Buck Allen

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Jigga94 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:03 am Booker = Buck Allen
Makes sense from different angles.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Booker isn’t bad, he’s just average. The argument to use Lindsay in the passing game is one of elevating the offense, not maintaining par. Denver probably just wants to utilize everyone on the roster. I don’t know why NFL teams use less talented players in certain roles but they consistently do. Maybe it’s that they can devote more of one lesser player’s time in practice/development to a specific role?
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:05 pm

Lindsay talent is obvious. I was ridiculed in my league for putting in over 50 percent of my blind bid budget after week one. I feel that may have been to low, not to high.

I do not think Lindsay will ever earn a larger role than 15 or so touches a game. He is just too small. He can't run into a pile and gain a yard or two. He is a big play guy, best utilized in a RBBC. Hopefully he does earn more pass catches to boost his fantasy value.

Either way. He is a legit back in fantasy, but more of a RB2.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:39 am

Lindsay has had a string of good games and seems to have moved past Booker and Freeman decisively. What is his value now? Saw a trade get posted of a 2019 1st and 2nd for him.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:41 am

With there supposedly being no clear-cut top RB option or options this draft, Lindsay is at least worth a 1st.