Is Phillip Lindsay on anyone’s radar?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
PTW32
Captain
Captain

Re: Is Phillip Lindsay on anyone’s radar?

Postby PTW32 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:19 am

Servo wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 am There's a stat out there that 60% of Lindsay's yards come before first contact.....is this the result of his OL's run blocking ability being off the charts, is it the result of him and his small size??? I don't know.....but what happens to Lindsay if the Broncos' OL takes a step back.

To me, I'm going to ride Lindsay in the playoffs but I could see him being a sell high candidate next year come draft time.
If his success was strongly tied to the oline playing well i would think Freeman would be doing great as well but that isn't the case.

I think the stat is atleast somewhat due to Lindsay being fast and shifty
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Feilds, Lance, Stafford
RB: Javonte, Charbonnet
WR: Godwin, Boyd, Aiyuk, Mingo, Downs
TE: Kincaid, Kraft, Schoonmaker

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Lamar, Baker
RB: Barkley, Jonathan Taylor, Ekeler, Sanders, Dillon, Pierce
WR: Diggs, Hill, Lockett, Addison
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Logan Thomas

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex

QB: Kyler, Feilds
RB: CMC, Javonte, Dobbins, Dillo, Brian Robinson
WR: AJB, Godwin, DJ Moore, Keenan, Lamb, Burks, Toney
TE: Kittle, Hockenson

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:24 pm

Servo wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:55 am There's a stat out there that 60% of Lindsay's yards come before first contact.....is this the result of his OL's run blocking ability being off the charts, is it the result of him and his small size??? I don't know.....but what happens to Lindsay if the Broncos' OL takes a step back.

To me, I'm going to ride Lindsay in the playoffs but I could see him being a sell high candidate next year come draft time.
This seems like a silly stat, we know Lindsay skill at RB is not running people over and breaking tackles. His skill is avoiding tackles. By this stat, it sounds like someone is trying to diminish what Lindsay has accomplished up to this point. Which is nothing short of spectacular.

I'm on no way for trading Lindsay high next year, but if you are getting value for him, it could be worth it. Just don't sell low on him because you don't trust him.

Pet_Smith
Starter
Starter

Postby Pet_Smith » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:35 pm

Stat I saw earlier. Lindsay has 17 fewer rush yards than saquon. On 41 fewer attempts
Dynasty - 9th year, 12-team, Standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX, 1K, 1DE/DT, 1LB, 1CB/S - 25man roster / 6 Taxi Squad
'17 Champ, '18 Runner Up, '23 rebuild

QB Watson, A Richardson, O' Connel (TS)
RB Gibbs, Akers, Dillon Carter, Bigsby, Chase Brown, Mcintosh, Tucker, Hull (TS)
WR Metcalf, DJ Moore, Addison, Meyers, Van Jefferson, Collins, Claypool, Mingo (TS), Hyatt (TS), Wilson (TS)
TE Higbee, Freirmuth, Otton (TS)
K Joseph
DE/DT Hunter
LB Franklin Simmons
C/S James

1.01, 1.04

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:05 pm

I think part of the reason for Lindsay's success is the Denver offense. I also think another large part of the reason for his success is that he's a good running back. Throw in the fact that his competition in Royce Freeman really isn't that good, and you've got a great situation.

I don't think he's a special prospect or a world-beater, but I think he should be better than replacement level for at least next season. I can see a scenario where his numbers drop off next year, though, which would probably spell the end for him.

He's a very likable guy who works hard, so you know he won't fall off because of lack of effort, which is nice to know when investing. That said, it's hard to invest anything worthwhile in an undrafted guy because for every Arian Foster there are 5 CJ Andersons and 50 guys we've never heard of. Every situation is different, but you still want to consider the history before making any risky moves.

He's worth a 1st, and I think a contender would be very smart to target him with their first round pick. You get his production this year and a shot at future production, as well. Anything more than a 1st and you're risking a major value hit if he falls off.

ravn88
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ravn88 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Why didnt I see this post before my draft..

I could really use him right now, I passed on him so many times.. Dooh
Team 1 : 1QB 2RB 3 WR 1TE 1Flex 1K 1TM 2 IR 12 Keepers

QB: Carson Wentz, P. Mahomes
RB: A. Jones, MGIII, Dobbins, L. Bell, Ingram, J Williams & Gaskin
WR: D. Hopkins, J. Jones, K. Allen, J Crowder, Humpries & Agolor
TE: E. Engram, Trey Burton, V Davis & J. Doyle

Team 2: 1QB 1 SF 3RB 5WR 2TE 2FLEX DEF 26 Keepers 2019 Champ :thumbup: 2020 third place

QB: J. Allen Wentz Watson D. Lock.
RB: Barkley Zeke CEH J. Robinson D. Freeman Penny
WR: M. Thomas Cooper Godwin Juju J. Washington Renfrow, Jeudy, R. Moore TreQuan, P. Williams
TE: Waller Engram OJH & Everett
DEF: Pats & Browns

Team 3: 1QB 1SF 2RB 2WR 1TE 1FLEX DEF K

QB: Wilson Wentz Tannehill Brees Haskins Foles
RB: CMC Zeke Miles CEH AP J. Jackson B. Scott
WR: Evans Adams Landry Metcalf E. Sanders Lazard
TE: Engram Hurts Ebron Herndon

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:19 pm

The same is true for any RB in the NFL. All RB's struggle when the line is bad.

As for Lindsay's size, his height to weight ratio is on par with a RB like Marshall Faulk when you consider around 10lb's per inch. While 5'8, he is around 190.

His build is very solid and his power, speed, and burst offer an extremely well rounded skill-set. As far as RB's go, I don't buy him as small back. I haven't seen that type of power given his height in quite a while. His pad level is elite as is his vision; He can cut back and change directions on a dime.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:40 pm

Yeah it is no secret that the Broncos have had great run blocking but this always correlates directly to running back success for obvious reasons. The tricky thing with this is that the top offensive lines can make an average back look great and you have to find a way to differentiate the average backs from those who are actually something good-to-great. I think Lindsay is in the latter. Are we discounting Gurley & Kamara because the Rams & Saints are #1 & #2 in run blocking respectively? No.

Lindsay looks the part - and if the line gets worse then his production will take a hit. The same holds true to Gurley & Kamara, though.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:31 pm

wth hell Lindsay, 7.7 championship week, ... grrr.
@PlankMelody

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:06 am

I'm high on Lindsay but with a coaching change on the way I'm nervous. I'm going to put hm on the block and see if I can get a steal this off season. His value will never be higher.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:00 pm

jtsmalls wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:06 am I'm high on Lindsay but with a coaching change on the way I'm nervous. I'm going to put hm on the block and see if I can get a steal this off season. His value will never be higher.
I actually think a coaching change could be beneficial to him. As impressive as he’s been as a pure runner, I think he’s been very under-utilized in the passing game. Hopefully the new regime will stop wasting touches/targets on a JAG like Booker and pare it down to a 1-2 punch of Lindsay and Freeman.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

captain howdy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby captain howdy » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:21 pm

Im skeptical that Lindsay could ever sustain greater usage than he did this year

This is, or should be, his cap.

I do like him, I lost him too early, and am sore about that, but I own ekeler too, and Cohen, and we just have to be reasonable about the long term viability of these men taking on a large SUSTAINED role.

Injury fill in? Big week matchup guys? Absolutely, and they have the talent to maintain a high point per touch value. Solid rb2s that any championship roster could trot out without Shame when paired with a top guy.

But if you can get high end rb2 or even rb1 value and don't NEED them...I'd move them.

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:03 pm

I disagree. The dude is just legit. He is tough, runs like no one else, and the Denver coaches have been GROSSLY NEGLIGENT in not using him as a pass catcher. He is as good as ANYONE (and yes that includes Kamara) as a RB pass catcher. If Denver gets a more progressive coach, watch out. This dude should be getting 10 targets a game, not 2 - 3.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:58 am

The kid's been phenomenal. How can't you root for him when you watch the way he plays. I hope Denver better utilizes his receiving prowess going forward and scales back his interior running a bit, for longevity's sake. A sub-185 lb running back holding up is a real concern.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:05 am

Sucks about his wrist injury. He was less than 3 points away from an RB1 season. I suppose it’s a pretty meaningless distinction in the grand scheme of things, but it would’ve been cool to see him finish in the top 12. From the sound of it, he should be ready for training camp next year even by the most conservative recovery estimates. Looking forward to seeing what he can do under a more competent coaching staff.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:27 pm

He has some Jamal Charles to him.