SuperFlex thread

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: SuperFlex thread

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:12 pm

BigBawseRoss wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:50 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 pm Ahhh... Nothing like personal rankings arguments to fill the off season with moments as exciting as watching paint dry.
ur opinion sux
:wink:
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

GridironGuerilla
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby GridironGuerilla » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:15 pm

FiremanEd wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:56 pm
GridironGuerilla wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 pm Ahhh... Nothing like personal rankings arguments to fill the off season with moments as exciting as watching paint dry.
I appreciate seeing people’s ranking actually. Shows variety and difference of opinion on what type of deals could be made if you can see a crossing point.

What I enjoy less is people who nit pick peoples rankings without providing their own, or context of their own in comparison. “You’re too low on X” doesn’t add much unless you say why you think they should be higher and who moved down as a result (or where you’d put them in the same rank instead).

For me, I will have to give thought as to my ranks and post later.
Fair enough FiremanEd, but rarely do I see them change an opinion on a player, and generally they end up in arguments that go nowhere. but then again, I am on a dynasty forum so I guess that's par for the course.
"If on 4th down, the quarterback doesn't complete his pass, they will turn over the ball."

-Booger McFarlland

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:25 pm

Also, how would you guys value these qbs to non SF leagues. As in in superflex Aaron Rodgers is equal to Odell in one qb leagues or Jimmy garrapalo is equal to 1.01 in 1 qb leagues

Sisyphus
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Sisyphus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:27 pm

Tier 1
A.Rogers
C.Wentz
M.Stafford
R.Wilson
C.Newton
D.Watson
Tier 2 YOUNG/Win-Now&Later
J.Winston
J.Goff
A.Luck
M.Mariota
M.Ryan
D.Prescott
D.Carr
K.Cousins
T.Taylor
Tier 2 OLD/Win-Now
T.Brady
P.Rivers
D.Brees
B.Roethlisberger
Tier 3
J.Garoppolo
A.Dalton
C.Keenum
A.Smith
M.Trubisky
B.Bortles
Tier 4
E.Manning
J.Flacco
P.Mahomes
J.McCown
B.Gabbert
T.Bridgewater
Tier 5
P.Lynch
D.Kizer
R.Tannehill
S.Bradford
M.Glennon
AJ McCarron
J.Cutler
B.Hoyer
T.Siemian
M.Moore
T.Savage
C.Kessler
B.Osweiler

Too much to say, but I'll point out the obvious the I am much higher on Stafford than I've seen from the community at large. His healthy, his offensive volume and consistency and only turning 30 this offseason bring him up for me.

Put this out there is me saying 1) Give me your feedback. I've only been in Superflex for 2 years so I need to learn. 2) I'm not a film guy, but more of a reacter to the market's reaction (example, people are low on Carr, so buy Carr. People are high on Jimmy G so see Jimmy G) and in general want consistent producers with a proven sample size.

I originally put this together just before Christmas, but when submitting it, I already made some significant changes because of inconsistencies I noticed.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:40 pm

Sisyphus wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:27 pmToo much to say, but I'll point out the obvious the I am much higher on Stafford than I've seen from the community at large. His health, his offensive volume and consistency, and only turning 30 this offseason bring him up for me.
The only consistency Stafford offers is his mediocrity as a low end QB1 year to year...I disagree on him being anywhere close to the top tier of fantasy QBs.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:13 pm

I'm a Stafford fan myself, as i think he's a solid add given he is a fairly reliable low-end QB1 who still has many years ahead, but I'd have to agree that having him top tier ignores that his ceiling doesn't appear to be anywhere near the 'elite'. That said, in Superflex, I have no issue with him being in the 8-12 range.

Surprised to see Mahomes ranked where he was in the Sisyphus list as well. His upside and draft capital should warrant consideration above the Eli's and Flacco's of the world.

Though i haven't given it a lot of thought, i will take a stab so as to put something out there as well rather than just comment on others...

1. Wentz - Showed out this year. Declines happen, but I'll jump on board.
2. Wilson - Magical and elite output, but I worry about when the scramble drill goes wrong one day...or age. Can he win in the pocket?
3. Rodgers - Amazing, but also 34 with changing WRs. Prefer younger options above.
4. Watson - I wasn't a believer, and am still skeptical, but what he did was bleeping impressive.
5. Goff - Tied to McVay and Gurley, i'd invest.
6. Newton - worry about when his legs fall apart...but he's only 28 somehow and has QB1 upside.
7. Prescott - He actually annoys me greatly, and may be Alex Smith 2.0, but his legs keep him in the weekly QB1 range and Jerry will support him.
8. Winston - Mix of good and bad, but he'll stay a starter and puts up yards/TDs.
9. Cousins - Not sexy, but the yards and TDs keep coming.
10. Garoppolo - Similar to Goff above, i believe in Shanny and those years will The Hoodie, I surprised myself here...
11. Luck - Shoulder legit scares me. This is not normal. I may miss out on him, but I'm fine avoiding that level of risk.
12. Mariota - Hasn't taken many steps...but legs give top 5 upside if he develops...and I like Corey Davis.
13. Stafford - Like Cousins, yards and TDs keep coming
14. Carr - I expect a rebound, but his regression was astounding and he doesn't put up big yards to date. Should be higher.
15. Brees - Decline ahead, but still looks good on the field
16. Rivers - Still puts up points and has weapons.
17. Mahomes - Was my QB1 in last years class...has a high ceiling
18. Brady - Still getting it done...and leaves you truly wondering if he has 1 year left or 4...
19. Tyrod - If only he had a franchises support...
20. Alex Smith - resurgence. Where will he go? solid QB2.
21. Trubisky - had no weapons, and has flashed. I'm not putting his low rookie totals against him.
22. Ben Roethlisberger - hot and cold...but gets it done. I worry about longevity.
23. Keenum - The idea of him as 'the guy' long term still leaves me iffy.
24. Dalton - Walking on ice?
25. Bortles - Like a younger Dalton. Probably will continue to scrap by, but not sure you feel comfortable with him.
26. Tannehill - I don't trust him or the Dolphins.
27. Hackenberg - ....are you still reading?

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 am

Hey Ed, or anyone else, would you say your number one rated qb is worth more than, less than, or equal to 1.01

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 am

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:53 am Hey Ed, or anyone else, would you say your number one rated qb is worth more than, less than, or equal to 1.01
In a SF - #1 QB is absolutely worth more.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 am

Thanks, Phaded. A guy in our league thought I was absolutely insane for offering Rodgers for his 1.01, 1.10, and 1.12.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:28 am

I can think of many reasons someone would be shocked by that and not want to move the 34 year old QB for the new hotness. I think it was an aggressive offer and can understand someone being a taken back. This is draft pick season after all, and someone would be needing a missing piece to justify that type of draft capital. He's better off waiting a few months anyway.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:11 am

I guess that's fair and everyone is definitely entitled to their opinion but honestly thought that was low for Rodgers in a 2qb league. I'm not looking six years into the future with my teams and I don't know if anyone can confidently pick against Rodgers in the next three years to be the top quarterback in the league.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 am

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 am Thanks, Phaded. A guy in our league thought I was absolutely insane for offering Rodgers for his 1.01, 1.10, and 1.12.
the guy in your league probably has 2 starting QBs and holes at WR and RB instead that he would rather focus on.
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am

GLSmk wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 am
ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 am Thanks, Phaded. A guy in our league thought I was absolutely insane for offering Rodgers for his 1.01, 1.10, and 1.12.
the guy in your league probably has 2 starting QBs and holes at WR and RB instead that he would rather focus on.
your quarterbacks are rivers, tannehill, beathard and Cooper rush. I guess your valuations and strategy is why you have 1.01.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:00 pm

I prefer not to pass judgement based on one position group only. At least he has multiple 1sts, including the 1.01, and if his team is as bad as you imply here, then he needs 3 pieces more than a 34 year old QB. Some will look at it as Zeke or Bell + 1.10 + 1.12, which adds a little different view of the proposed transaction.

If you felt it was light anyway, then why be upset it was declined? If you are thinking shorter term and think Rodgers is the top guy, why sell him? He made a fair decision IMO.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:15 pm

I agree his decision is fair. Like I said I just disagree. Im not upset at it being declined, Im upset he thinks it was a ridiculous offer. I would part with Rodgers because I believe in my other quarterbacks Goff, Garrapalo, and Keenum.

For those who value 1.01 around Zeke or bell I cannot understand that train of thought