SuperFlex thread

Given the increase in popularity for SF and 2QB leagues, this forum is intended for topics relating to these formats.
whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: SuperFlex thread

Postby whodunnit » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:54 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:28 am
GLSmk wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:24 am
ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:31 am Thanks, Phaded. A guy in our league thought I was absolutely insane for offering Rodgers for his 1.01, 1.10, and 1.12.
the guy in your league probably has 2 starting QBs and holes at WR and RB instead that he would rather focus on.
your quarterbacks are rivers, tannehill, beathard and Cooper rush. I guess your valuations and strategy is why you have 1.01.
not really trying to derail this, but, since I am the other owner I'll elaborate. Rivers was the 3rd highest scoring QB in this league this year. I understand Rodgers missed a substantial amount of time but all I have on offense is
Rivers, Tannehill
Mixon, Mack, Darkwa, Perkins
Parker, Shepard, Stills, Zay, Golladay
Kittle, Njoku

I obviously need those picks more than Rodgers
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm

I'm curious to know how many QBs

(a) a team likes to store on their roster in a superflex - lets assume 12team 25-28 man rosters

(b) how deep you go in research at that position compared to a Start 1 QB
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:30 am

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:15 pm I agree his decision is fair. Like I said I just disagree. Im not upset at it being declined, Im upset he thinks it was a ridiculous offer. I would part with Rodgers because I believe in my other quarterbacks Goff, Garrapalo, and Keenum.

For those who value 1.01 around Zeke or bell I cannot understand that train of thought
You once offered me a 5th round pick for Mahomes 😜 so we all value everything differently. Value wise your offer with Rodgers wasn’t crazy at all. That’s what Rodgers value is. But GLSMK obviously needs help in a lot of places. You would be better off making that offer to a contender. I’d bet GLSMK is looking for a younger franchise QB
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

ArrylT wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:27 pm I'm curious to know how many QBs

(a) a team likes to store on their roster in a superflex - lets assume 12team 25-28 man rosters

a) Obviously you want at least 2 starters to plug into the starting spots. Personally, I like at least 3 to fill-in for possible injuries/byes. After that, I usually look at least another 2-3 guys that I like, upside guys, good handcuffs, players close to FA that might contend for a starting job.. etc..

b) It is a lot more required in my opinion; finding that diamond in a rough is great - but there is a lot of luck to it (like any position really). Even with a guy like Dak, it required injuries to the 2 people in front of him; it's not like he won the job. He was forced into it and happened to succeed. However, statistically speaking - once you're out of the 1st round or early 2nd; QBs are a lot less likely to succeed so be prepared to play a long waiting game if you're drafting guys without pedigree.

xnbomb
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby xnbomb » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:12 am

along the same line, what's the value of older, mid tier QBs in term of draft picks? maybe in a cousins/smith mold. I have 0 idea on how to value, so was wondering what others thoughts were

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:06 am

Phaded wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:23 am

a) Obviously you want at least 2 starters to plug into the starting spots. Personally, I like at least 3 to fill-in for possible injuries/byes. After that, I usually look at least another 2-3 guys that I like, upside guys, good handcuffs, players close to FA that might contend for a starting job.. etc..

b) It is a lot more required in my opinion; finding that diamond in a rough is great - but there is a lot of luck to it (like any position really). Even with a guy like Dak, it required injuries to the 2 people in front of him; it's not like he won the job. He was forced into it and happened to succeed. However, statistically speaking - once you're out of the 1st round or early 2nd; QBs are a lot less likely to succeed so be prepared to play a long waiting game if you're drafting guys without pedigree.
Thanks for sharing - was hoping to hear what others also did but what you do is about what I try to do as well. :)
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:30 pm

I have a minimum of 3 but will hold up to 6.
Because I play in many SF/2QB leagues I spend probably 1/3 of my scouting time on QB's...too important to not miss on QB's in the draft. I also think I weight guys that seem likely to play a little more heavily because they are easier to flip sooner for exaggerated values...all about quick return on investment for me because I am often comfortable starting Rivers/Brees types and don't care as much for having a 15yr option at QB as much
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams