2018 Rookie QBs

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2018 Rookie QBs

Postby dm1129 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:27 pm

skip wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:18 pm
dm1129 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:01 pm He is a disrespectful little punk because he does not want to go to a franchise that has been dysfunctional since before he was born? Interesting...haha
I'd liken it to the new "hot shot" employee who thinks he's better than his co-workers or the company he works for. No one likes that guy and it's absolutely disrespectful.

Unless I'm mistaken, I don't think his statements have been specific (i.e. not wanting to play in Cleveland) but just generally trying to basically tell the worst teams in the league not to draft him.
I would say Rosen is outspoken. The reality is he is extremely smart and understands much more of the business side of the NFL than the typical player. NFL teams view players as a commodity or a tool to use for their purposes. When a player looks out for his self-interest, I say good for him.
Last edited by dm1129 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:31 pm

dm1129 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:27 pm When a player looks at for his self-interest, I say good for him.
Which is what they can do come free agency. At this point he's an unproven commodity but acting like he's somehow above the normal operations of the league. I suspect we will see him back off from this stance at some point and be more modest and agreeable to play for whomever selects him.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

dm1129
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dm1129 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:33 pm

skip wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:31 pm
dm1129 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:27 pm When a player looks at for his self-interest, I say good for him.
Which is what they can do come free agency. At this point he's an unproven commodity but acting like he's somehow above the normal operations of the league. I suspect we will see him back off from this stance at some point and be more modest and agreeable to play for whomever selects him.
And if Cleveland or another team destroys his career, what is free agency worth to him? He is savy enough to recognize this fact.

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:42 pm

There have also been stories of Rosens own team mates not liking him (could just be bored writers). Might be for the best, let Giants have Rosen and browns take the Darnold (the better prospect anyway). The browns aren't even the biggest problem, it's the media and the people. One bad game from whoever they draft and all we will read is "browns draft another bust", it's a lose lose situation. I'm not sure how they get around that

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:45 pm

The problem with having to wait for free agency in the NFL is that it can take forever. A rookie signs a 4 year contract. Then he can be franchise tagged for two more years after that. So it's possible that you have to spend 6 years of your career on a team that you don't want to be on before you can finally choose to go somewhere else. Look at Kirk Cousins, he'll be 30 years old when he actually has some freedom of going to whatever team he wants to. Why would anyone want to waste the prime of their career somewhere they don't want to be, in a sport where your career can be over before it even begins? If this was any other profession and you're one of the best at what you do in school, you get to choose where you want to work once you graduate. Obviously that wouldn't work in the NFL, but I can see why someone would want that and wouldn't want to wait 6 years before they have any say.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:58 pm

Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:45 pm
The problem with having to wait for free agency in the NFL is that it can take forever. A rookie signs a 4 year contract. Then he can be franchise tagged for two more years after that. So it's possible that you have to spend 6 years of your career on a team that you don't want to be on before you can finally choose to go somewhere else. Look at Kirk Cousins, he'll be 30 years old when he actually has some freedom of going to whatever team he wants to. Why would anyone want to waste the prime of their career somewhere they don't want to be, in a sport where your career can be over before it even begins? If this was any other profession and you're one of the best at what you do in school, you get to choose where you want to work once you graduate. Obviously that wouldn't work in the NFL, but I can see why someone would want that and wouldn't want to wait 6 years before they have any say.
Plus the 5th year option on first round picks right?
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:12 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:58 pm
Goddard wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Plus the 5th year option on first round picks right?
That's right, I forgot about that. Five years is bad enough having to play somewhere you don't want to be, but it can potentially be 7 years. I'm surprised more players don't do what Eli and Elway did. I'm guessing most are just happy to be in the NFL and get paid lots of money. But obviously that's not all it's about for Rosen, which I can appreciate and respect.

dynasty12
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby dynasty12 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Mayfield, Rosen, Darnold and Lamar Jackson all do it for me. First class in years I've really liked the QBs.

I'll specifically be looking to land Jackson. If he pans out, potential to be a unique fantasy stud.

In response to the issue at hand. I'm a big players rights guy. I applaud anyone who does what they can for their career. I get competitive balance, but I'm all for no draft and no cap in all major sports.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm all about earning your way in the league but I have no problem with a player not wanting to play for a certain team. It's his life.

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:02 pm

If you are truly an NFL fan, then you should hate this kind of stuff. The point of the NFL draft is to have the best players go to the worst teams to ensure competitive balance. That is why they have an draft and why college players don’t enter the league as free agents.

You don’t want the NFL to become the NBA where all of the good players stack on 2 or 3 teams each year. That’ll kill the parody of the league. We need teams like the Rams to emerge from being terrible last year. Oakland has also become relevant since getting Carr (they were a destination to avoid previously). I’m just saying, no reason the Browns can’t get it together. Sometimes it just takes a leader.

So put off by the Rosen stuff and people (like sports anchors) verbally high-fiving him for it. Just my opinion.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, James Conner, Trey Benson, Jaylen Warren, Will Shipley
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Nick Singleton PSU
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.02

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:09 am

No draft is rediculous, in rugby league we don't have a draft. The rediculous antics that go on without one is a joke, at least with a draft there is a chance for a team to build through it. Contracts mean nothing because players have too many rights, All you have to do is claim depression and a need for a change and your contract is voided. Australias best sport is afl and guess what it has... A draft system. It's nice to say you're on the players side but it never stops with "reasonable". I was also under the impression that being 30 was prime for qbs but I could be wrong about that, I do feel bad for RBS because most don't live out their rookie contract without a chance at a big pay

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:18 am

the draft is necessary for competitive balance , however as someone said previously in the thread , the owners never hesitate to exercise whatever leverage they have at the earliest opportunity . To paint the kid as evil if he exercises his leverage is beyond ridiculous however . Most players just want to get in the show for a select few they will be the show and if they dictate their career because they can no one should think less of them when they do exactly that exercise . I seriously doubt the kid is the type of difference maker he appears to think he is , but have less than zero amount of animosity for him attempting to call his own shot.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:22 am

Ask David Carr how going to a bad team can kill your career. It's amazing he can still walk after the beating he took behind that o-line.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:52 am

AussieMate wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:42 pm There have also been stories of Rosens own team mates not liking him
None of his teammates went to his birthday party?

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:33 pm

A lot of the knocks on Rosen are the same things that were being said about Aaron Rodgers, minus the not wanting to play for the Browns. Doesn't bother me at all, I just want a guy to put up fantasy points for me haha. I'll be investing heavily in this years QB class and hopfully forget about QB for years to come.