Which teams will be sitting their starters week 17?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Which teams will be sitting their starters week 17?

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:55 am

In my redraft, 4 teams make the playoffs. Each round is two weeks - semis are week 14-15 - championship is week 16-17. I’m down by about 16 at the point thanks to playing against Gurley.

Now I’m wondering which teams still have something to play for and which are pretty much locked in where they are. Also hoping that Gurley gets sat next week...haha...but we will see.

Not gonna get super specific because I don’t want to turn this into team advice thread...but which teams do you think give light loads or no loads to their bellcows this week?

Teams I’m mostly wondering about are the Rams, Vikings, Saints, Panthers, KC, Lions, JAX, Seattle, ATL?

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Which teams will be sitting their starters week 17?

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:23 am

Philly has the #1 seed locked up and will probably only play their starters for a series or two.

If Minnesota wins, they guarantee themselves a bye. The only way they don't get a bye is if they lose, the Saints lose to the Bucs, and the Panthers beat the Falcons. I'm guessing they only rest players in the second half if they're blowing out the Bears, but Vikings players should be safe to use. Vikings play at 1, while the Saints' and Panthers' games are at 4:25, so they won't be able to get an early read on their situation.

The Rams can only be the 3rd or 4th seed. Not sure what this will mean for their starters.

Saints and Panthers are playing for the division, at the same time. They're all safe to use.

Falcons and Seahawks should also be safe to use. If the Falcons win, they get the last wild card, but if they lose, the Seahawks get in with a win. They play their games at the same time.

Steelers and Patriots play at the same time and are gunning for the #1 seed. Definitely safe plays.

The Jaguars are the #3 seed no matter what. They should be resting players, but it's possible they'll want to get a "feel good" win in after losing to the 49ers.

Similar story with the Chiefs, who are guaranteed the #4 seed.

A win for Baltimore gets them the #5 seed, otherwise they need the Bills or the Titans to lose to keep a wild card. All 3 games are at the same time, so all 3 teams should be playing their starters until the end.

In order to make the playoffs, the Chargers need (1) to win, (2) for the Ravens to win against the Bengals, and (3) for the Jaguars to beat the Titans. They'll be playing for a win.

So that means the risky plays would be from the Eagles for sure, likely the Jaguars and Chiefs, and possibly the Rams and Vikings.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:31 am

Home field advantage has only been decided for 1 team - the Eagles. So even all the teams guaranteed playoff spots are still playing for something. I think you can at least safely figure the following:

Saints and Panthers are still fighting for their division. Rams are also 11-4. The outcomes will determine playoff seedings. Games all start at the same time.
Seattle and Atlanta are fighting for the last playoff berth in the NFC. Games both start at the same time.
I believe the Lions are out so who knows what they will do.
Vikings control their own fate for a 1st round bye and it gets messy if they lose. They are an early game and should be playing normal starters.

The Jaguars are in the playoffs and are the 3 seed. The Chiefs are in the playoffs and are the 4 seed. These are the main two I would concern myself with as their fates will not change regardless of the outcomes of any games.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 am

That’s why you guys get paid the big bucks. Thanks for the breakdown. I’m feeling better about my matchup.

Still hoping that Gurley ends up sitting...at least for a half.

Haha.

npainter
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby npainter » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:32 am

slaughterrt wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:44 am That’s why you guys get paid the big bucks. Thanks for the breakdown. I’m feeling better about my matchup.

Still hoping that Gurley ends up sitting...at least for a half.

Haha.
The way Gurley is playing a half still could be 125yds and 2 TD's.