Leone Carroo

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Leone Carroo

Postby joeya2001 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 am

Why are people on this board so high on this guy?

This isint a insult, I don't know much about the guy, nor did he do anything really to stand out this year.

Is this something im missing?

Does this guy need to be owned?
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Leone Carroo

Postby Bot101 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:14 am

IMO he is simply a stash. Hes been out played by an udfa this year who plays special teams (Carroo doesnt play special teams and buried behind 3 WRs already), hence is IA tag lately. If Landry leaves this off season than Carroo could potentially take over that slot role. A couple podcasts like Carroo as a stash as well.

dlf_jeffh
Administrator

Postby dlf_jeffh » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:24 am

Agreed, he's a stash. He hasn't shown much to make me believe he's a household name player yet, but he may get the opportunity in 2018 depending on the status of Jarvis Landry. He's definitely worth stashing in deeper leagues.

There's also nothing wrong with asking what others are seeing in him and I'm glad you're giving the community an opportunity to reply. After all, that is what this community was designed for!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:50 am

I liked him as a prospect relative to the rest of his draft class counterparts. He didn’t stand out in any way as a special talent, but was productive and good at finding the end zone. He was the main threat in that Rutgers offense. The Miami Dolphins also put some extra ammo into being able to draft him, with what was reasonable draft capital. That said, it’s impossible to say he’s rewarded their confidence. I believe whispers were he wasn’t taking the NFL seriously, and wasn’t putting in full effort. That’s a recipe to not succeed. Can he turn it around, but like others said, he’s only a deep stash, potentially relying on Landry finding a new home.

gameaholica
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gameaholica » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:50 am

TheFantasyFootballGuys Dynasty League (13 keeper-PPR)
QB: Mahomes | Stafford | Mayfield
RB: Barkely | Henry | Etienne | Akers | Penny |
WR: Thomas | Bateman | Pittman | Metchie | Shaheed | W. Robinson
TE: Dulcich | Kincaid | Latu
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-Flex-Flex-K-DEF

Buzz's BBQ Dynasty League(18 keeper-PPR)
QB: J Allen | Stafford |
RB: J.Williams | J Taylor | Mostert | Herbert | Hall | Tucker | Charbonnet
WR: Chase | AJ Brown | Mims | JSN | Metchie | W Robinson
TE: Engram | LaPorta | Pitts | Latu | Ferguson
Start: QB-RB-RB-WR-WR-TE-FLEX-K-DEF

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:18 pm

He did well the game Jarvis Landry was out, and Landry might be leaving Miami. This is the primary reason that interest in Carroo has surged. When he was drafted he was one of my favorite prospects, partly because he dominated in college. He's exactly the kind of guy you would want to replace Landry with if he should leave. And he's basically free now, so he's one of my favorite stashes right now.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:45 pm

joeya2001 wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:38 am Why are people on this board so high on this guy?
Generally on the forum owners are loathe to change their opinions on a player. He was highly valued by many here and they view his current value based on lack of playing time not talent. You can expect he will be mentioned in a LOT of threads over the next few months as people speculate on the future of the WR group in Miami.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 pm

I've only seen his name come up in the "stash advice" threads. And compared to most of the other names on their, he's usually the best option. Doesn't make him good, but definitely has more upside than most players on waivers this time of year.

jeffster
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby jeffster » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:11 pm

Goddard wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:49 pm I've only seen his name come up in the "stash advice" threads. And compared to most of the other names on their, he's usually the best option. Doesn't make him good, but definitely has more upside than most players on waivers this time of year.
People like him because he was a solid prospect with decent draft capital, a potentially good situation, and who got some buzz coming into the league. But, like Goddard said, he's really only talked about as a top-end stash. I'm not even sure I've seen anyone advocate a 3rd for him; it's just an upside play for the off season.

These stash guys are often more fun to talk about anyway.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:03 pm

With Davante Parker not taking a step forward, no idea why Gase doesn't play him. But does that mean there's something behind the scenes with Carroo? Dunno.

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Alot of draft analyst were high on him, and MIA moved up in the draft to get him, physically gifted WR that seemed to be in a good situation going into the season, then reports starting to come out moving him into the JAG category ... Nothing very specific, but enough to know we wouldn't see him on the field anytime soon ...

So going into the season, his hype was that he would take over for Stills and be an all around Y type .. just didn't pan out that way. Starting to wonder how good the MIA staff is at developing players ..
@PlankMelody

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am

Well hes on season ending IR lol

and passed on the depth chart
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 am

joeya2001 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:20 am Well hes on season ending IR lol

and passed on the depth chart
I mentioned a couple weeks ago that he was passed. No one seemed to be bothered by that. It seems his issues with not caring enough still remain?