Livid. Do I have a right to be this angry?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
VinniVidiVici
Role Player
Role Player

Livid. Do I have a right to be this angry?

Postby VinniVidiVici » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:01 am

Zuerline was my kicker going into the championship game. Our league places pick ups in by Tuesday night (supposed to be at midnight) and commish enters them wed morning. Sometimes around noon. If you snuck a pick in wed at 10 am hed let it go if he hadnt gotten around to entering yet. Fast forward 6 hours and Zuerline goes on IR. Im told sorry even though same day, even though circumstance is extreme, you cant pick anyone up. Youre screwed. WHole league agrees. Im the only one left fuming. If i win, makes it that much sweeter. But for a guy with anxiety as it is, the build up to this weekend has me blowing steam out of my ears. Just wanted someone to tell me to shut up and deal with it or excuse my ridiculous level of stress over a damn game. Either one. Thanks for listening. :wall:
3-time Champs 2017/2018/2021 | 10-team | .50 ppr | Unique league rules for waiver wire and roster limits | Bid on all non rostered players each Wed w/ funds going to end of season prize
Roster:
QB - A Richardson, J Fields
RB - N Chubb, T Etienne, D Achane, R White
WR - C Lamb, J Waddle, Kupp, T Dell, T McLaurin
K - E McPhearson
TE - D Goedert, T Hockenson
DL- N Bosa, C Lawson, J Sweat
LB - E Kendricks, I Simmons, D Jones
DB - D James, B Baker, H Smith, J Brisker

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Livid. Do I have a right to be this angry?

Postby MontrealBen » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:05 am

If the pickups had already gone through, and this procedure is clearly stated in the rules, then yeah I think you're just SOL.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:07 am

I agree, if its the standard rules that all pick ups have to be in by ____ time, then if he let you make the move the other team would be just as mad

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 am

1. I don't understand the point of that league rule, but that sucks. Good luck this week.
2. As someone who also has anxiety, accept that there are things out of your control. Just continue to do your best each time regardless of any prior outcomes.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ejmfantasy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ejmfantasy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:10 am

If it is in the rules that it's how it works, I guess you're screwed...

That being said, I don't see why you aren't allowed pickups after Wednesday. That rule doesn't make sense to me, and can screw a lot of people with some late week injuries. But if it is a rule, you're probably SOL unfortunately.

2 questions:
1. Are you playing the commish by chance?
2. How large are these rosters? Does the roster size support not being able to pick up guys late in the week?
World Devy Championship: 18 Teams, 10 Devy, 0.5 PPR, 20 + 3 IR
QB: Bradford, Rosen, Fitzpatrick
RB: Bell, Mack, CJ Anderson, Clement, Smallwood, Stewart, AP, Wadley
WR: Gabriel, D-Jax, Z. Jones, Carroo, Dede, Bourne, Hollins
TE: B. Watson, Goedert
Devy: Drew Lock, Khalan Laborn, Salvon Ahmed, Benny Snell, Master Teague, Jordyn Adams, Mychale Salahuddin, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers, Colby Parkinson

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:11 am

Rule is a rule is a rule. Dumb rule and it sucks for you, but I dont think you can really argue it, deadline was same for everyone else, and if this happened to another person I would hope that they would get the same treatment
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:27 am

You should be angry at yourself for playing in a league with a stupid rule.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 am

That is such an idiotic rule. If I was playing you in the championship of this league, I would recommend that you be allowed to pick up a replacement. I don't wanna win that way.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

VinniVidiVici
Role Player
Role Player

Postby VinniVidiVici » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:47 am

Roster/Limits are in sig. No one carries 2 kickers.

So the fact that some people do it after the deadline, but its 10am when they do, vs 6 pm when I need to, doesnt matter? If a rule is a rule is a rule its already being not enforced properly.

We have some strange rules that make it more of a total keeper than dynasty league. We add money to the pot by bidding on FAs. No waivers. Most rules dont allow for any grey area. this one does and i dont like how its being half way enforced.

SOunds like most agree im just screwed though. This is why I asked.

If it wasnt a league with my closest friends id just bail on em.
3-time Champs 2017/2018/2021 | 10-team | .50 ppr | Unique league rules for waiver wire and roster limits | Bid on all non rostered players each Wed w/ funds going to end of season prize
Roster:
K - E McPhearson

ejmfantasy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ejmfantasy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 am

VinniVidiVici wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:47 am Roster/Limits are in sig. No one carries 2 kickers.

So the fact that some people do it after the deadline, but its 10am when they do, vs 6 pm when I need to, doesnt matter? If a rule is a rule is a rule its already being not enforced properly.

We have some strange rules that make it more of a total keeper than dynasty league. We add money to the pot by bidding on FAs. No waivers. Most rules dont allow for any grey area. this one does and i dont like how its being "pick when" i enforce it.

SOunds like most agree im just screwed though. This is why I asked.

If it wasnt a league with my closest friends id just bail on em.
Yeah I agree that it should be a hard cutoff, or not a rule at all. Shouldn't be a variable time based on when the commish has time to process it.
World Devy Championship: 18 Teams, 10 Devy, 0.5 PPR, 20 + 3 IR
QB: Bradford, Rosen, Fitzpatrick
RB: Bell, Mack, CJ Anderson, Clement, Smallwood, Stewart, AP, Wadley
WR: Gabriel, D-Jax, Z. Jones, Carroo, Dede, Bourne, Hollins
TE: B. Watson, Goedert
Devy: Drew Lock, Khalan Laborn, Salvon Ahmed, Benny Snell, Master Teague, Jordyn Adams, Mychale Salahuddin, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers, Colby Parkinson

metalmat
Starter
Starter

Postby metalmat » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:08 am

I would be pissed as well but those are the league rules and it is the right call. The league should really consider getting rid of that rule next season.
14 Tm ppr (rebuilding)
QB Wentz, Carr, MacJ
RB Mixon, Ty'son, Gaskin, McKinnon, Coleman, David Johnson, Freeman, Darrel Williams, J.Patrick, Ahmed, Dobbins, Hasty
WR Hopkins, T.Patrick, E.Moore
TE Jarwin, Ertz, Knox, Tremble
Picks: 22 (1,1,1,2,2,3) 23 (1,1,1,2,2,3)

12 Tm .5 ppr
QB Stafford, Hurts, MacJ, KMond
RB Zeke, Fournette, White, Mostert, Coleman, Pollard, Dallas, Perine, B.Scott, Nwangwu, Hawkins
WR Amari, Tyreek, KA, Chark, Renfrow, Agholor, Patterson
TE Fant, Knox, Doyle, Allie-Cox

12 Tm SF, TE+, ppr
QB Ryan, Winston, Mills, Minshew, Tua
RB Gordon, Carson, Harris, Hunt, Duke, D'Ernest, Dillon
WR Jefferson, Boyd, Ruggs, Davis, Parker, Hamler, Robby, Miller, E.Moore, Rodgers, Tre'Quan
TE Hooper, Conklin, Jarwin, Doyle, JuwanJ

14 Tm ppr
QB Stafford, Bridgewater, Fields
RB Hines, Harris, R.Jones, Murray, Freeman, J,Kelley, Hasty
WR Tyreek, C.Ridley, J.Chase, Aiyuk, Hardman, Renfrow, Campbell, Eskridge, Tre'quan
TE Kittle, Freiermuth, Kroft

Never Veto1
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Never Veto1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:22 am

I agree with everyone else and you that you are pretty much boned. Also that is a terrible rule and should be changed. All of my leagues have Waivers, then Free Agency twice a week. Once Thursday morning and once Saturday morning
12 Team 1QB PPR
8 Starters - QB 1, RB 2(4), WR 3(5), TE 1(3)

QB - Kyler Murray, Derek Carr, Kenny Pickett
RB - Christian McCaffrey, Bijan Robinson, Kyren Williams, Travis Etienne, James Conner, Antonio Gibson, Chris Rodriguez
WR - Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Michael Pittman, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice, Christian Watson, Jerry Jeudy, Rashod Bateman
TE - Sam Laporta, Kyle Pitts, Darren Waller, Isaiah Likely
Picks - 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:24 am

Hold up lemme get this straight, people have done transactions up until 10 am today (Thursday)? If so you should be allowed to bend the rules too, that would piss me off. 10 am or 11 on, still past the deadline and that is some BS
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:29 am

Whether the rule should exist or not is really a side issue. I don't think you should be "livid" as you assume some of the risk by carrying only a single kicker. Injuries at any point of the week can happen. I don't think I've ever rostered a single kicker (or defense) in leagues that require them.

The only issue here that I can see is the inconsistency in application of the rules and that's where I'd be upset. It sounds like there is a hard deadline when submissions can be made. The problem is the commissioner hasn't followed that deadline and allowed transactions to take place afterward. If indeed that can be documented as having occurred this season AND you made your request for a waiver move before he processed anything then it logically should follow that he follows the precedent he's used all year.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

VinniVidiVici
Role Player
Role Player

Postby VinniVidiVici » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:30 am

No cutoffs are tues/wed midnight. Sometimes people sneak them in wed mornings before commish wakes up. (night shift guy)

Not sure if it happened this week but it has happened this year for sure. Commish even admitted to me.
Roster:
K - E McPhearson