Do you guys waiver block your opponent?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
BigBawseRoss
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Do you guys waiver block your opponent?

Postby BigBawseRoss » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:39 am

FiremanEd wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:21 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:18 pm As long as you're not add/dropping to lock them on the WW (which I would consider a douche move) then it's fine.
This was my immediate thought as well. Doing this is abusing what the waiver lock is intending. If you have the space on your roster and hold them, then it’s fair game in my opinion.
LOL i'll waiver lock the piss outta you to win a game. if you arent breaking a rule and you are being smart and using the system to your advantage its all groovy
team 1
12 team, 1 pt for 4 rec, 0.1 per rush
1qb, 3 rb, 4 wr, te, k, 4 idp
Dak , Herbert
Achane, Breece Hall, KW3Kyren,Ford, Miller, Spiller, z evans, singletary
J Jefferson, Diggs, DK, D Smith Puka, C Watson, E Moore
Njoku , HH, Engram

2024 picks
1,3,4,5,5,6,7 (all late mostly)

team 2
12 team .5ppr
qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, te, flx,flx,
Fields, Dak
Ford,Mixon, Javonte, Mostert, Chubb, Spears
Hopkins, Evans, g Wilson Mingo, shaheed, Jamo
Kelce,McBride, Chig,

team 3
14 team sf, even scoring idp to offense (rb scores highly too)
Josh Allen, A Rich, Foles, Rudolph
Bijan, Charbs, Spears, Ebner
J Williams, G Wilson, C Watson, Flowers, J Addison, Tillman
Kincaid, Kolar, Ruckert, Fergeson

Kenny Clark, josh allen, jaelen phillips, felix a-u and a bunch of fluff and rookie fliers at idp

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 am

As others have said, provided you have the roster room (while a bit of a douche move) to carry all of them then that's fine. If you are adding/dropping each player to lock them onto the ww then it isn't. I've seen that done and also had the commissioner go in and unlock the players, which is what I expect him to do.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:43 am

I think it's fine as long as you're not churning, as others mentioned. I will say though that I'm not sure it's worth it. I feel like karma has made this kind of strategy backfire before where he is then forced to pick up like Niles Paul, who will randomly score 2 TDs.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 am

joeday wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:25 am
M-Dub wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:11 am I think it’s a perfectly valid and smart strategy, but if you’re in the championship game and really have so many droppable players that you can afford to cockblock your opponent seven times over, I’m guessing your rosters are way too big.
In my case it’s in a four player keeper league so I can drop guys like Paul Richardson (for example) and it won’t affect me.
Ah. In that case it’s on your commish for not setting any positional limits. I’m not in favor of positional limits in a true dynasty league, but I think this situation illustrates why they’re a good idea in a 4-keeper or redraft league. Hell, if your opponent needed a kicker, you could drop every non-starter/non-keeper on your roster and hoard 7-8 kickers if there’s no repercussions. Same with D/ST. I don’t blame you for doing it and I’d do the same thing myself in your shoes, but if I was your opponent, I’d be lobbying hard for positional limits next year. Haha.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 am

M-Dub wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 am Ah. In that case it’s on your commish for not setting any positional limits.
I haven't played in a redraft in a number of years but am this season and I hated that the commissioner put in positional limits. After looking at this particular issue, I understand why they should be considered. The one I'm playing in they are too restrictive (5 WRs when we start 3 of them, for example).
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:20 pm

joeday wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:27 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:18 pm As long as you're not add/dropping to lock them on the WW (which I would consider a douche move) then it's fine.
I wouldn't do that anyway since it's a douche move, but we have a bylaw that says any player you pick up has to be on your team until the following weeks waivers. No roster churning allowed.
I'm fine with the strategy itself, but unclear about this point. Once you pick up a player, you MUST keep them on your roster until next round of waivers? Or, if you cut them before the next round, they are unlocked for anyone to pick up?
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:50 pm

It's a dick move but acceptable. It can backfire though, like mentioned above. I was cockblocked on the waiver wire in a redraft a few years ago (2012). I lost RG3 to injury, then my opponent churned out the top remaining QBs. I picked up Russell Wilson and he went off. Turned out to be his breakout game. I think he had 3 rushing TDs vs BUF.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:30 pm

skip wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 am
M-Dub wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:38 am Ah. In that case it’s on your commish for not setting any positional limits.
I haven't played in a redraft in a number of years but am this season and I hated that the commissioner put in positional limits. After looking at this particular issue, I understand why they should be considered. The one I'm playing in they are too restrictive (5 WRs when we start 3 of them, for example).
I was in a league several years back where you could only roster one more than starting requirements at each position. However, you could roll over a player's score to the next week if he had a bye.

It was the only league I've played in that had a coach position.

joeday
GOAT
GOAT

Postby joeday » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:30 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:20 pm
I wouldn't do that anyway since it's a douche move, but we have a bylaw that says any player you pick up has to be on your team until the following weeks waivers. No roster churning allowed.
I'm fine with the strategy itself, but unclear about this point. Once you pick up a player, you MUST keep them on your roster until next round of waivers? Or, if you cut them before the next round, they are unlocked for anyone to pick up?
Correct. You can't pick up then drop just to lock players.
BERLIN BOMBERS (0 – 0)
1996 | 2005 | 2012 | 2013 | 2014 | 2017 – 🏆
1999 | 2000 | 2019 | 2020 – 🥈

14 team | 4 keepers | non ppr | est. 1996
QB –
RB – Christian McCaffrey | Josh Jacobs
WR – AJ Brown | CeeDee Lamb
TE –

ROCKY MOUNTAIN MASTODONS (0 – 0)
2011 | 2013 | 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020 – 🏆
2008 | 2012 | 2014 | 2019 – 🥈

12 team | 10 keepers | non ppr | est. 2001
QB – Joe Burrow
RB – Tony Pollard | Kenneth Walker III | Rhamondre Stevenson
WR – Justin Jefferson | Stefon Diggs | DK Metcalf | Tee Higgins | Jameson Williams
TE – Trey McBride

Overall 2024 Regular Season Record: 0 – 0

scorpion
Role Player
Role Player

Postby scorpion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:09 pm

joeday wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:30 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:20 pm

Correct. You can't pick up then drop just to lock players.
Piling on this sentiment. I actually have a league rule preventing this add/drop blocking nonsense. As "douchey" a move it may be in general, it's a fair strategey and the onus is on your competitor to sort his roster out. GL to ya.
12 Team 21 Keeper / 27 Roster 0.5-PPR: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB/TE, 1 K, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 1 D FLEX, 3 IR - 6th Year | Commish | Champion 2013, 2015

QB: T. Brady, M. Stafford, B. Mayfield
RB: E. Elliot, L. Miller, L. McCoy, R. Freeman, P. Lindsay, , G. Edwards, D. Foreman
WR: A. Brown, A. Thielen, A. Robinson, M. Goodwin, J. Gordon, A. Miller, D. Moore
TE: E. Engram, T. Burton
K: B. Maher (Current Streamer)
DL: J. Clowney, D. Lawrence
LB: L. David, L. Vander Esch, Z. Cunningham, T. Whitehead
DB: B. Baker, J. Bates

Reljac
Captain
Captain

Postby Reljac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:03 am

As others have said, adding players is defensive and good strategy, but churning to lock players on waivers is unethical.
12-team Non-PPR QB, 2-RB, 3-WR, TE, K, DEF
QB: Herbert, Tanny
RB: Chubb, Stevenson, AJ Dillion
WR: AJ Brown, M Evans, M Williams, D London, C Olave, Jameson Williams, M Thomas
TE: D Njoku
K: Butker

2023: 1.01, 2.01
2024 early first, late first

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:55 am

I have in the past, but as time has gone on, I've been less concerned with such a strategy, I prefer just to build a solid team and outscore everyone no matter what they do, let them scramble to try to keep up :P ..

I say all this, but imagine if someone has a Kicker going MON and goes IA, and I'm only winning by 5, better believe I'll pick up the back-up if I get to the news first .. (:

ie, Greg Zuerlein going on IR, and Rams picking up Sam Ficken is a good example heh
@PlankMelody