Your charter's best feature

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Your charter's best feature

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 pm

What aspect of your charter are you most proud of? Do you have a unique starting lineup or scoring system? Did you tweak it following some league drama that everyone in the league now loves? Does one of your leagues have an unusual format or setting like none of your other leagues?

One of my leagues gives a back-end 1st to the Toilet Bowl winner, and I've heard some leagues are all-play to limit the effects of randomness/luck.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Your charter's best feature

Postby NanceUSMC » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 pm

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 pm What aspect of your charter are you most proud of? Do you have a unique starting lineup or scoring system? Did you tweak it following some league drama that everyone in the league now loves? Does one of your leagues have an unusual format or setting like none of your other leagues?

One of my leagues gives a back-end 1st to the Toilet Bowl winner, and I've heard some leagues are all-play to limit the effects of randomness/luck.
We give a back end 1st to the league loser too... but we just call it 2.01 :wave:

;-)
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:47 pm

NanceUSMC wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:29 pm
Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:26 pm What aspect of your charter are you most proud of? Do you have a unique starting lineup or scoring system? Did you tweak it following some league drama that everyone in the league now loves? Does one of your leagues have an unusual format or setting like none of your other leagues?

We give a back end 1st to the league loser too... but we just call it 2.01 :wave:

;-)
Lol, same thing, but calling it a 1st (even if the last one) sounds more impressive.

I saw on MFL that coaches and offensive lines are usable. How does that work?
Last edited by Pullo Vision on Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

DinoDynasty
All Pro
All Pro

Postby DinoDynasty » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:54 pm

In one of my leagues, we used to pay out a weekly prize to highest scoring team. This year we moved it to biggest upset. So the whatever team won that had the largest differential as an underdog (based on predicted scores). This has made it more fun and ensures that everyone, even the worst teams have an incentive to set their lineups all year long.
2017 Champ, 2018 Runner-up, 2019 Champ, 2020 Champ, 2021 Runner-up
12 Team PPR
Stairway to Evans
QB: Hurts, Kirk, Bridgewater, Jimmy G
RB: CMC, Pollard, Foreman,
Sanders, Hill
WR: Kupp, Evans, Ridley, Dell, Josh Palmer, Hodgins, Osborn, Parker, MVS
TE: Kelce, Musgrave, Otton, Gray, Woods
DEF: Chicago Ravens
2024 2nd, 3rd, 4th

12 Team .5 PPR
Fields of Dreams
QB - Fields, Cousins, Wilson
RB - Taylor, Swift, Mixon, Pollard, Singelary, McLaughlin
WR - Olave, Tyreek, Tank Dell, Higgins, Gabriel Davis, E Moore, Mingo, Douglas
TE - Ferguson, Gray, Otton
DEF - 49ers, Pats
Picks 2024 2x1st, 3, 4

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:22 pm

I’m pretty proud of our postseason setup, although it requires a fair degree of non-automated record keeping. Our playoffs start in week 12 with a triple threat match between the 3rd-5th seeds, with the top two scorers advancing. We then play two-week semifinals and a two-week championship game, which reduces the flukiness of a “one & done” format and makes for some exciting games.

We also have an elimination-style tournament for the seven non-playoff teams instead of a traditional bracketed tournament. Beginning week 12, the lowest scoring team is eliminated each week until three teams remain in week 16. The highest scoring team that week gets the 1.13.

This keeps more owners engaged and still playing for something a lot longer. Heading into next week, five of 12 teams will still have something to play for.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:19 pm

When my league started in 2001, we had a rule that the team finishing with the worst record would get renamed for the following year by a vote of the other teams. We had some pretty interesting team names and it definitely kept people more active if they were out of the playoff race.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

NanceUSMC
Role Player
Role Player

Postby NanceUSMC » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:19 pm When my league started in 2001, we had a rule that the team finishing with the worst record would get renamed for the following year by a vote of the other teams. We had some pretty interesting team names and it definitely kept people more active if they were out of the playoff race.
We have that as well!
10 team Non-PPR (1QB, 2RB, 3WR/TE, 1K, 1Def), full keeper, 23 man roster, established 2013

QB: Tannehill, Tua
RB: CEH, Swift, Sanders, Bell, Fournette, Etienne
WR: Jones, Hopkins, Chase, D Smith, Bateman, Parker, Fuller, Harry, D Johnson, D Samuel, P Williams, Higgins, Chark
K: Butker
Def: Baltimore, Carolina

Championships: 2015, 2017

2014: 1.01 (Became Watkins)
2015: 1.03, 1.04, 3.04 (Became Gurley, Yeldon, CAP, Robinson UDFA)
2016: 1.10 (Became Fuller)
2017: 1.01, 3.07 (Became Fournette, Henderson)
2018: 2.10 (Became Chark)
2019: 1.04 (Became Harry, Samuel, Williams, Isabella, Johnson)
2020: 1.01, 1.05, 2.01, 3.01 (Became CEH, Swift, Tua, Higgins)
2021: 1.03, 1.08, 2.03, 3.03 (Became Chase, D Smith, Etienne, Bateman)

jaykay22
Starter
Starter

Postby jaykay22 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:11 pm

In the home league among friends I founded and commish, I am going to propose a compensatory draft pick to the team who got screwed with the most serious injuries throughout the regular season. A serious injury is to be considered any player injury that lasts at least 7/13 regular season games (so more than half), with the 7/13 games needing to be consecutive missed games, as well, not just 7 random games throughout the season. If two or more teams have the same number of serious injuries, the team with the lowest points scored will win the pick.

We are a 10 man league with a 5 round rookie draft and the winner of the consolation ladder already gets a compensatory 1.11 pick on top of the top 4 pick they earned by being a bottom 4 finisher. I'm thinking of proposing that the compensatory most injury-ravaged team pick is either a 2.11 or 3.11 pick.

We also have a $10 weekly highest scorer prize, which I think is great, as it allows even teams that may have missed playoffs altogether to collect 10 or more bucks come payout time if they had blowup weeks (this has happened every season so far).
#FreeCoreyDavis

chopping mall
Role Player
Role Player

Postby chopping mall » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:39 am

if I had to pick just 1 feature, then it'd be our Dynasty Pot. Each year $50 from the league buy-ins goes into the dynasty pot. The pot can only be won on consecutive championship victories. The hope is teams will focus on the DYNASTY aspect of this format and create teams that are true contenders year to year. next year we'll be entering our 4th year and now the Dynasty pot as grown to be worth more than our 1st prize payout. So I figure if this year's champion doesn't win it in 2018 then it's really going to start looking appealing to teams that may not have really cared about it the first few years as the pot was growing.
Team: Hounds of Justice - Year 5
12 Team - 35 Man roster .5 PPR Dynasty IDP (1QB|2WR|2RB|1TE|2Flex|2DL|2LB|2DB|1Flex)
QB: D. Brees, D. Carr, A. Dalton
RB: S. Barkley, J. Mixon, C. Clement, F. Gore, J. Jackson, P. Perkins, G. Bernard
WR: K. Allen, A. Green, J. Edelman, B. Cooks, T. Quinn, J. Reynolds, M. Crabtree, J. Doctson
TE: D. Walker D. Waller, D. Goedert, J. Smith
DL: T. Flowers, J. Houston, C. Peters, E. Ansah
LB: D. Leonard, M. Jack, N. Vigil, J. Baker, P. Onwuasor, S. Hamilton
DB: J. Bates, K. Jackson,
taxi: R. Finley, D. Crockett, J. Ursua, D. Willis, J. Thornhill
2020 Picks: 3rd, 5th, 6th

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:05 am

We have a few interesting rules, this was our first year so some were hesitant

1. Buy in goes up $10 each year, starting $20 this year... re-addressed at year 5 - this encourages not just playing to win now since the pot is always bigger the next year
2. Weekly high score payouts (small)
3. Eliminator - lowest scoring team is eliminated, then lowest of the remaining etc until 1 left - value is 1/2 buy in amount
4. Last place buys beer for the rookie draft
5. Trades are instant, no veto
6. Commissioner does not get a vote in any league decisions - makes it a 9 person vote at all times and eliminates ties

rubber_duck
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby rubber_duck » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:07 am

Our league uses an auction format in a way that can only be done with dynasty leagues.

- Each year the teams receive their fantasy bankroll based on the prior year's performances, with the better teams getting less money than the worse teams.
- The rookie & free agent auction happens in July/August. The high bidder gets the player, but we don't have any contracts. The player is owned by the highest bidding team just as if it were a draft.
- Money that a team did not spend in the auction is kept for later use. That team can use the money to pick players from the waiver wire, or to help make trades with other teams.
- Any fantasy money not spent at the end of the year is rolled into the next year. So an owner can decide to save up funds from year-to-year. For example, if you missed out on Zeke then maybe you saved cash to pick-up Saquaon this coming year.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 am

jaykay22 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:11 pm In the home league among friends I founded and commish, I am going to propose a compensatory draft pick to the team who got screwed with the most serious injuries throughout the regular season. A serious injury is to be considered any player injury that lasts at least 7/13 regular season games (so more than half), with the 7/13 games needing to be consecutive missed games, as well, not just 7 random games throughout the season. If two or more teams have the same number of serious injuries, the team with the lowest points scored will win the pick.

We are a 10 man league with a 5 round rookie draft and the winner of the consolation ladder already gets a compensatory 1.11 pick on top of the top 4 pick they earned by being a bottom 4 finisher. I'm thinking of proposing that the compensatory most injury-ravaged team pick is either a 2.11 or 3.11 pick.

We also have a $10 weekly highest scorer prize, which I think is great, as it allows even teams that may have missed playoffs altogether to collect 10 or more bucks come payout time if they had blowup weeks (this has happened every season so far).
Losing DJ or Beckham on a per game basis is a far bigger loss than, say, Tannehill...but by this method, the guy that lost Tannehill and Edelman suffered more than the guy that lost DJ and Beckham.
Also, would you give credit for suspensions as well? That should be clarified before implementation

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:53 am

Regular season double headers with 6th playoff spot going to highest all-play not in top 5 of standings. Helps a tough luck owner have a chance.

Our playoffs for quarters and semis are the top two scoring teams (out of the four teams in it) advance, which takes the matchup element out of it.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:01 am

Valhalla wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:40 am Losing DJ or Beckham on a per game basis is a far bigger loss than, say, Tannehill...but by this method, the guy that lost Tannehill and Edelman suffered more than the guy that lost DJ and Beckham.
I don't have any problem with how they have implemented it. Who is to say how well any injured player would have performed in a given season? Alex Smith is currently the #2 QB...did anyone see that coming? He's not any better than Tannehill. There are far too many variables at play to do it another way.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

abajaba
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby abajaba » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

I'm proud of our starting requirements along with how we run our playoffs. When I mention an 8 team league most people laugh and expect all studs. Instead with our starting requirements of 2QB/3RB/4WR/TE/DEF/K and no flex its not exactly stacked. PPR - 24 starting RBs and 32 starting WRs you're looking at what some 12 team leagues deal with in total starters. For the postseason we have 4 teams make the playoffs but each matchup lasts 2 weeks and ends week 16. You can change your starters each week but whoever has the higher 2 weeks score wins the matchup. It helps determine a better team over a team that simply went off. I wish every league I was in would do 2 week playoffs matchups. It really is awesome.
8 Team PPR Year 8: 2/3/4/1/DEF
2016 & 2018 Champion :dance:
QB-Rivers,Cousins,Eli,Tannehill
RB-Gurley,Fournette,Connor,Bell,McKinnon,Dion Lewis,Ballage,Yeldon,Doug Martin
WR-Evans,Nuk,Cooks,Diggs,ARob,Woods,John Brown,Doctson,Boyd,Ross,
TE-Kittle,Graham,Doyle

Rookie Picks: '19 - 3.8/4.8; '20 - 2nd/4th