Dropping vets for offseason flyers?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Dropping vets for offseason flyers?

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:14 am

For the team in my signature. I'm going to have some empty spaces after this week -- Barber, Morris, Peterson, and my extra DST are all drop candidates IMO. There is a long list of interesting players on the wire (more than I would have expected for 230 rostered players aside from DST/K). I'm thinking Mahomes, Booker, Godwin, and Shaheen, but I'm interested to hear the community's opinion on some of the many other names here (including whether or not you'd hang on to any Barber, Morris, or Peterson over some of these other options).

QB
Mahomes
Kizer
Tannehill
Bridgewater
McCarron

RB
White
Dixon
Booker
Conner
JWilliams
Washington (Oak)
Ekeler
McKissic
JRodgers
McNichols
Mack Brown
Bibbs
TGreen
McGuire

WR
Godwin
Darboh
Taylor
DRobinson (KC)
Mitchell
Henderson
Boyd
Hollins
Carroo
Chad Williams
Butler
Allison
Cole
Rogers
Reynolds

TE
Kittle
Everett
Shaheen
Butt
Seal-Jones
Jonnu
Higbee

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Dropping vets for offseason flyers?

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:22 am

Sorry mods, I meant to post this in the advice forum. Feel free to move it.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:06 am

yuor issue is..you want studs...and so does everyone else.....you start 10 and roster 23..........there isnt likely to be a "high demand" you need to get owners to send you offers with "their stud"...and accep;t.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:12 am

Huh. Didn't know I had an issue. :?

I'm not looking for studs at all right now. I like to use the end of my bench to find undervalued players who can increase their value in order to be flipped later. Just looking for some input on how others handle the end of their bench and what people think of some of the particular players on the wire here.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:22 am

dang, had a response. Guess it didn't post

Drop:
Peterson
Barber
Kicker
D
Morris

Grab
JWill - possible workhorse next year
Ekler - handcuff
Teddy - worth a flyer IMO
Godwin - developing nicely from what I've been seeing

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Drop Morris, Peterson, K, Def.

Don't drop Barber. Tampa is moving on from Martin after the season, making him the very type of player you're looking for. Barber will have a shot at the lead role and if he takes advantage his value will rise dramatically.

I'm also surprised Mahomes is on the wire, and would consider picking him up. Alex Smith is not going to keep him on the bench much longer. Allison is a guy I'd consider stashing as well since I don't believe the Packers are going to pay Cobb, Jordy is heading into the final year of his contract in 2018, and there will be opportunity for another WR to earn snaps.

Dixon is someone I've been holding, though things are pretty murky with the emergence of Alex Collins this year. He might be worth a flyer though. I'd also consider stashing Connor in case the Steelers and Bell can't come to an agreement this offseason, but I'd wait to add him until more is known about his knee injury.

In your format, I'd also consider dropping Gio. I don't see him scoring many TD's in the near future unless Mixon is hurt. And he's technically under contract until 2020. Similarly, I wouldn't be interested in adding Ekeler. Neither guy has the frame to be a bell-cow type RB and both are likely to remain committee backs who primarily catch passes.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Woooow so many stashes!

Mahomes
Godwin
Taylor
Shaheen
Jonnu
Jamaal Williams

Those are highest priority targets in that list.

Chad Williams
Josh Reynolds
Gerald Everett
Mack Hollins
Carlos Henderson

That next list are the next tier for me. All really nice upside stashes. My wire is wiped clean. Best stashes available are Jeff Janis and Chris Moore.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:19 pm Woooow so many stashes!

Mahomes
Godwin
Taylor
Shaheen
Jonnu
Jamaal Williams

Those are highest priority targets in that list.

Chad Williams
Josh Reynolds
Gerald Everett
Mack Hollins
Carlos Henderson

That next list are the next tier for me. All really nice upside stashes. My wire is wiped clean. Best stashes available are Jeff Janis and Chris Moore.
Good call, somehow I missed him on the list. Surprised he's available as well and I'd snap him up in a hurry.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm

Jamaal Williams is definitely not available. ;) Sorry, that's Joe.

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:38 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 pm In your format, I'd also consider dropping Gio. I don't see him scoring many TD's in the near future unless Mixon is hurt. And he's technically under contract until 2020. Similarly, I wouldn't be interested in adding Ekeler. Neither guy has the frame to be a bell-cow type RB and both are likely to remain committee backs who primarily catch passes.
Ekeler is pretty low on my list, truthfully.

As for Gio, I can see what you're saying, but I think I'll hold as a Mixon owner. I expect Hill to move on and the Bengals to address deficiencies elsewhere in the draft and free agency. If I'm right, Gio might be the most valuable handcuff in the league.

Thanks for the advice so far, everyone.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:42 pm

MontrealBen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm Jamaal Williams is definitely not available. ;) Sorry, that's Joe.
Ahhhh my bad. Thought that was insane. I am very jealous of the amount of upside players available. As you can see from my sig Ive been able to stash quite a few but I have some competition from a friend (who I am convinced is stalking me here). Joe Williams is still a high priority stash.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Keep a very close tab on Carroo too. He could get a nice opportunity if Landry walks.

darkadun
Role Player
Role Player

Postby darkadun » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:42 pm
MontrealBen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:35 pm Jamaal Williams is definitely not available. ;) Sorry, that's Joe.
Ahhhh my bad. Thought that was insane. I am very jealous of the amount of upside players available. As you can see from my sig Ive been able to stash quite a few but I have some competition from a friend (who I am convinced is stalking me here). Joe Williams is still a high priority stash.
Peekaboo.
QB: Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford
RB: Dalvin Cook, D'Andre Swift, Chris Carson , Jerrick McKinnon, Alexander Mattisson
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Will Fuller, Darius Slayton, Brandon Aiyuk, Keelan Cole,
TE: Evan Ingram, Drew Sample, Cole Kmet

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:29 pm

darkadun wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:22 pm
Bot101 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:42 pm
Peekaboo.
Haha not you buddy. I think Mikie is stalking here.
You caught me a long time ago but came clean.

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:54 pm

The only guys I really like as stashed are Mahomes, Godwin, and Everett. It's probably safe to drop AP. I wouldn't drop Morris just yet. He could land on another team, he has shown to have decent juice left in his relief appearances this year.