Is there ever a good time to start the league over with the same owners?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
rtew
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Is there ever a good time to start the league over with the same owners?

Postby rtew » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:07 pm

sloth8u wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:56 am Looking for thoughts and opinions here. A league I'm in is getting pretty uneven and some are proposing starting over. Been going on 7 years, with 5 new owners, but all will have been there at least 2yrs (2018 will be 3).
I would immediately drop out of a league that did this. This is the equivalent of the NFL saying, “since the Browns suck every year we are going to redraft the entire league”. Dynasty is about scouting and hitting on players. We are in year 5 of a league where a team that went 1-12 the first year in playing in the semis this year. I won the league 2 years ago and went 3-10 this year.
12 Team Dynasty PPR and IDP
1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 2Flex 2DL 2LB 2DB 2Flex

QB: Newton, Trubisky, Mayfield
RB: Leveon, Kamara, Chubb, AJones, RoJo, Dixon, Gus Edwards, JSamuels, AMorris, CJA
WR: ARobinson, Boyd, DJ Moore, DJax, SWatkins, MWilliams, Treadwell, TreSmith
TE: Burton, Olsen, IrvSmith

2015 CHAMPION***

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:00 pm

Tsunami wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 pm Joined a 24 team dynasty league last year. This year 8 players dropped out. So the league voted to start over with 16. I voted against.
I imagine it would be tough to find 8 new, good owners in one offseason

Plank
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Plank » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:01 pm

I could see resetting a League especially among friends that have gotten better at understanding Dynasty ... it can be quite a learning curve coming from redraft ..

I would do it especially if its a "free League" or no significant monies are involved .. AND,

If only every owner agrees .. among friends who want a competitive League I see no issue with it.

If its a League online where the owners really don't know each other, I find most often a group of owners that wanted the reset, will just form another League and/or venture out on their own leaving the current League .. so the League will continue on .. after new owners are recruited. (and I've replaced up to 6 before, so it can be done, when I moved 3 Leagues from NFL.com to fleaflicker and to MFL, I replaced 14 owners across 3 Leagues one year ..
@PlankMelody

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:39 pm

For those of you that say wait, go look at Coogans team in his signature and see if you want to play against that for the next ten years.