Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
Weber27
Starter
Starter

Re: Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

Postby Weber27 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Not sure why everyone is so down on Mack. He is 5'11 215 (which is about the same size as Kamara, Lynch, and bigger than McCoy) so he has the size to be an every down back, he just needs to improve his blocking (most rookies do). His best comparable player is Todd Gurley on Playerprofiler.com and he is super athletic. He was almost 70% of his offense in college and very productive, averaged 6.6 and 6.8 yards per carry. Give him some time. Gore was never lower than 4.1 yards per carry until he got to Indy and went, 3.7, 3.9, and 3.6 in 2017 so the Colts line is bad and does not allow for much production to the RB no matter who it is. If they can focus on fixing the line Marlon Mack can do what gore did last year and better, don't sleep on him, just a bad situation. If you put Mack on a good rushing team, much like Mixon he would be a beast. I would buy low if people are down on him, you can get him as a throw in at this point. If luck comes back strong they need to build that line to protect him and that will benefit Mack, no other RB is going to come in and do anything better than what they have, Gore has struggled there and he is one of the best to have played the position.
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Weber27 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm Not sure why everyone is so down on Mack. He is 5'11 215 (which is about the same size as Kamara, Lynch, and bigger than McCoy) so he has the size to be an every down back, he just needs to improve his blocking (most rookies do). His best comparable player is Todd Gurley on Playerprofiler.com and he is super athletic. He was almost 70% of his offense in college and very productive, averaged 6.6 and 6.8 yards per carry. Give him some time. Gore was never lower than 4.1 yards per carry until he got to Indy and went, 3.7, 3.9, and 3.6 in 2017 so the Colts line is bad and does not allow for much production to the RB no matter who it is. If they can focus on fixing the line Marlon Mack can do what gore did last year and better, don't sleep on him, just a bad situation. If you put Mack on a good rushing team, much like Mixon he would be a beast. I would buy low if people are down on him, you can get him as a throw in at this point. If luck comes back strong they need to build that line to protect him and that will benefit Mack, no other RB is going to come in and do anything better than what they have, Gore has struggled there and he is one of the best to have played the position.
I'm down on him ever being a feature back, because he doesn't know how to run like one. He wants to be Shady McCoy and most people simply can't do that.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:44 am

Well one question I have and have been struggling with is:

Marlon Mack vs Jamaal Williams....

I lean Mack because there is nothing else there vs JWill has TY and Jones to contend with, but I also think Colts take a hard look at Barkley

MontrealBen
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MontrealBen » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am

Triton85 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:44 am Well one question I have and have been struggling with is:

I lean Mack because there is nothing else there vs JWill has TY and Jones to contend with, but I also think Colts take a hard look at Barkley
Man, that would be SUCH a waste of draft capital given the rest of the team. Not saying that a franchise this badly mismanaged wouldn't do it, but they *really* shouldn't. Their OL is arguably the worst in the league. Their pass defense ranks near the bottom of the league in DVOA. After all our high hopes for Moncrief and the occasional buzz we try to concoct for Chester Rodgers, they have little to nothing in terms of receiving weapons for Luck.

That said, I'd bet on talent over situation here. Williams has multiple 100 yard games to his name now and he's the best RB in pass protection on the Packers. Mack couldn't push Old Man Gore off the field. Gimme JWill.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:20 am

MontrealBen wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am
Triton85 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:44 am Well one question I have and have been struggling with is:

Man, that would be SUCH a waste of draft capital given the rest of the team. Not saying that a franchise this badly mismanaged wouldn't do it, but they *really* shouldn't. Their OL is arguably the worst in the league. Their pass defense ranks near the bottom of the league in DVOA. After all our high hopes for Moncrief and the occasional buzz we try to concoct for Chester Rodgers, they have little to nothing in terms of receiving weapons for Luck.

That said, I'd bet on talent over situation here. Williams has multiple 100 yard games to his name now and he's the best RB in pass protection on the Packers. Mack couldn't push Old Man Gore off the field. Gimme JWill.
Yea, I'm leaning JWill, may try to trade Mack.

As for the Colts drafting Barkley my only thought would be that they need so much on the Off Line that adding a dynamic RB may actually help Luck more than just 1 lineman. It would make a Def have to watch for draw, screens, play action. But this is probably just the colts fan in me wishing. Its Barkley or a top DE from what I can see, but I think with as much of a slam dunk as Barkley seems he's hard to pass up. If not trade back with SF to allow them to grab Barkley and hopefully grab some value

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 am

Not being able to at least push Gore for more snaps in a lost season is worrisome to say the least
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 pm

maxhyde wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 am Not being able to at least push Gore for more snaps in a lost season is worrisome to say the least
I'd be worried if it was by a coaching staff that showed competence...that is not this coaching staff! This coaching staff should be bagging groceries in about a week or two.
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:20 pm

flyersfan1981 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:57 pm
maxhyde wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:55 am Not being able to at least push Gore for more snaps in a lost season is worrisome to say the least
I'd be worried if it was by a coaching staff that showed competence...that is not this coaching staff! This coaching staff should be bagging groceries in about a week or two.
Correct. Anyone who's actually watched the Colts play, can see that Gore is still a complete baller of a runner. Mack's inability to push Gore off the starting spot doesn't say so much about Mack's lack of ability. Gore has not been bad at all.

But as stated above, given the lost season, a better coaching staff would do well to give the kid a shot at lead duties to see if he can do it.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Weber27
Starter
Starter

Postby Weber27 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:29 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:10 pm
Weber27 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:03 pm Not sure why everyone is so down on Mack. He is 5'11 215 (which is about the same size as Kamara, Lynch, and bigger than McCoy) so he has the size to be an every down back, he just needs to improve his blocking (most rookies do). His best comparable player is Todd Gurley on Playerprofiler.com and he is super athletic. He was almost 70% of his offense in college and very productive, averaged 6.6 and 6.8 yards per carry. Give him some time. Gore was never lower than 4.1 yards per carry until he got to Indy and went, 3.7, 3.9, and 3.6 in 2017 so the Colts line is bad and does not allow for much production to the RB no matter who it is. If they can focus on fixing the line Marlon Mack can do what gore did last year and better, don't sleep on him, just a bad situation. If you put Mack on a good rushing team, much like Mixon he would be a beast. I would buy low if people are down on him, you can get him as a throw in at this point. If luck comes back strong they need to build that line to protect him and that will benefit Mack, no other RB is going to come in and do anything better than what they have, Gore has struggled there and he is one of the best to have played the position.
I'm down on him ever being a feature back, because he doesn't know how to run like one. He wants to be Shady McCoy and most people simply can't do that.
Athletically he can be as good as McCoy. He is bigger and runs a faster 40 time with a higher burst and speed score, according to the metrics, he could be better. He needs to learn the nuance of the RB position in the NFL and probably not a savant runner like McCoy but he has all the athletic gifts and traits to be a top caliber runner in the league. Although... if the Colts don't fix their line, he could be in a wasteland and never perform to his potential.
New Mexico Maulers 2019 Champion
12-Team, SF, PPR, TEP, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB: Mahomes, Dak, D. Jones, R. Wilson, Stidham
RB: JT, CMC, Breece, R. White, Izz A, L. Murray, McKinnon, LF, Ahmed, Moss
WR: AJB, Sutton, Jeudy, Addison, London, Godwin, Hardman,
TE: Andrews, Friermuth, Ferguson, , Tremble

Draft Picks:
|2024| 1st, 2nd, 4th
|2025| 1, 2, 4, 5

Rocky Mountain Ramblers 2022 Champion
12 Team, SF, PPR, 30 player roster, 5 Rd Rookie Draft | Starters: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, SF
QB: Lamar, TLaw, Dak, Darnold, M. White
RB: CMC, JT, Breece, LF, L. Murray, Ahmed, Mcglauglin, Moss, Mitchell
WR: AJB, Lamb, G. Wilson, DJM, Hopkins, Jeudy, Burks, Kirk,
TE: Pitts, Freiermuth, Dulcich, Jonnu, Johnson
]Draft Picks:
|2024| - 1st, 5th
|2025| 1, 4, 5

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:06 pm

With all the RB prospects coming out this year, I don't see how the Colts pass on all of them in the early rounds. If they don't take Barkley in the first, I think they take one in the early second or 3rd. I know they need help on the Dline and Oline badly but that is something they can also improve on in FA. I don't see many big name RBs on the FA market this offseason besides Lev Bell.

gunzwil guinea pigs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby gunzwil guinea pigs » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:05 pm

Is gore back in 2018 for another year? I think that would actually be good for mack... he would have another year to prove himself to his coaching staff.
2QB-Dynasty - 10 Team standard scoring - 30man roster
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, K, D/ST

QB: Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Matthew Stafford, Mike White, Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Marcus Mariota
RB: Breece Hall, Tony Pollard, Najee Harris, Joe Mixon, Rashaad Penny, Damien Harris
WR: CeDee Lamb, Garrett Wilson, Stefon Diggs, Devonta Smith, Terry McLaurin, George Pickens, Calvin Ridley, Zay Flowers, Robert Woods, John Metchie, Marvin Mims
TE: Kyle Pitts, Irv Smith, Trey McBride
K: Tyler Bass
D/ST: Browns, Washington, Packers

Picks 2024: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2025: 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th
Picks 2026: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th