Owners step up

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Typhus
Role Player
Role Player

Owners step up

Postby Typhus » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:59 am

If there ever was a year to go with your own gut, its this year.

Injuries everywhere, its really come down to starting who you feel good about/best about.

In all actuality this is a true FF year... all on you, the owner,,, not some rogue FF advice you feel good about because they are supposed to be the experts.

Trust your own instincts this year, its the perfect season to do just that,, I bet those that do, will have a different approach going forward.

The playing field is wide open,, few studs to depend on, very tough match ups in the playoffs even if you have high end options that are healthy.

Start your best matchups... its the easy play.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Owners step up

Postby Tvols » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:06 am

Agreed one crazy year in fantasy football
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Mascott93
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Mascott93 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:36 am

Agreed! This is my third year of fantasy and it seems often that everything you plan on happening doesn't happen and the stuff you don't does.

This year I've used the waiver wire well and ended up my team 1 final and my team 3 semifinals this week. My studs haven't performed as planned but after seeing the Tyreek Hill type players sitting on waivers and not jumping on them last year, this year I was willing to grab those who have a chance at succeeding. From that I ended up with the likes of Collins in a few leagues, arron jones and Drake who have helped me get this far.
Team 1
10 Man - PPR
QB: Stafford, Goff, Mayfield
RB: Barkley, Drake, Miller, Crowell, Jones, Clement, Gallman
WR: AJG, Samuels, Parker, Kirk, Hamilton, Harmon, Hurst, Cole, Taylor,
TE: Engram, Brate, Gathers
DL: Lawrence, Ngakoue, Jarrett, Poe, Barnett, Davenport
LB: T Smith, Alexander, Edmunds, Wright, Barron, Schobert, McKinney, Hitchens, Vander Esch
DB: Amos , Byard, Evans, Reid

Team 2 - 2 QB Superflex
16 Man - PPR, 1.5 PPR for TE, 6 pts TD pass
QB: Luck, Dalton
RB: Miller, McFadden, Abdullah, Prosise, Cmike
WR: Williams, Marshall, Lockett, T Benjamin, Kupp, Austin, Lafell
TE: Ebron, Gresham, Sims
DST: Broncos

Team 3
10 Man - PPR
QB: Dalton , Eli, lock
RB: Fournette, Howard, Rojo, Miller, Collins, AP, Gio, Breida
WR: OBJ, Cooks, JBrown, Lockett, Godwin, M Brown, Hamilton, Miller, Pettis, MVS, Harmon
TE: Kittle, Engram, Goedart, Eifert, Thomas
DEF: Chiefs

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:57 am

I feel like every year is crazy. Random injuries, random superstars, random disappointments. It's what makes it fun.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:57 am I feel like every year is crazy. Random injuries, random superstars, random disappointments. It's what makes it fun.
Same.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:34 am

ImaRounder wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:09 am
WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:57 am I feel like every year is crazy. Random injuries, random superstars, random disappointments. It's what makes it fun.
Same.
Agreed. And imo it is up too you the owner of the team to make the decisions. Yes you can use “expert’s advice” but blaming your own misfortunes on an expert, and or on players or coaches is kinda weak.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:29 pm

:doh: My player with the best matchup is Blount.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:27 am

Yep I agree. Every year has a lot of injuries. The owner to owner perspective changes based on who is hit the hardest.
I bet if you did a poll in your league of which recent year was the worst for injuries, you would get varied results as teams would pick the year that they personally were hit the hardest.

I also feel that EVERY year is the year to trust yourself and not the "experts." If you're spending a decent amount of time on forums like this, you are in all likelihood investing just as much time and research into this as the "experts." The experts are just those that are either:
1. Smart/savvy enough to turn a profit off their opinions (even if there are a LOT of unpaid free opinions out there that are also decently accurate, like DDs rb report)
2. The guys/girls that happen to land the role by their employer (ESPN, CBS, etc) because they are the best talking head with at least some knowledge

There are some guys out there that are really a step above the rest and put out a good product with a lot of film study or number analysis (whatever you like), and you can lean on these opinions as a guide, but in the end you should be your own expert.