2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 (First Round Only!)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: 2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 (First Round Only!)

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:44 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:35 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 am
M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:04 pm the Browns aren’t nearly as bad as their record indicates, but QB is way down the list of issues they need to address, IMO.
:shock: Browns are definitely going to take a QB and it's pretty high on their list of issues imo. Kizer leads the league in INTs.
He’s 21. He was raw coming out. He probably shouldn’t even be starting. If the Brown aren’t willing to give him another couple years to work out the kinks, they shouldn’t have drafted him in the first place.
You don't get a couple of years to work out the kinks unless you're drafted in the top 5. He has 25 turnovers in 13 games, that's quite a big kink.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:44 pm
M-Dub wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:35 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 am

:shock: Browns are definitely going to take a QB and it's pretty high on their list of issues imo. Kizer leads the league in INTs.
He’s 21. He was raw coming out. He probably shouldn’t even be starting. If the Brown aren’t willing to give him another couple years to work out the kinks, they shouldn’t have drafted him in the first place.
You don't get a couple of years to work out the kinks unless you're drafted in the top 5. He has 25 turnovers in 13 games, that's quite a big kink.
That seems exactly backwards to me. If you're drafted in the top 5, you should be closer to game-ready. A guy taken in the mid-rounds SHOULD be realistically viewed as more of a project that will take some time. Kizer definitely has tools, but he's very raw and literally everyone knew that about him last year. If they're ready to cast him off and draft a 1st round QB this year, then they made a really dumb decision by drafting him last year.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 am

bigchiefbc wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 amThat seems exactly backwards to me. If you're drafted in the top 5, you should be closer to game-ready. A guy taken in the mid-rounds SHOULD be realistically viewed as more of a project that will take some time. Kizer definitely has tools, but he's very raw and literally everyone knew that about him last year. If they're ready to cast him off and draft a 1st round QB this year, then they made a really dumb decision by drafting him last year.
Yes, well every NFL team preaches giving rookies (especially QBs) time to develop and learn on the bench, but at the end of the day they get thrown off the cliff to fly or fall. Also, my take on CLE drafting Kizer last year was that they didn't love him, but he fell far enough where they figured it was worth a shot given all picks they had. I would bet a decent sum of money CLE goes QB at no. 1 in the 2018 draft.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:09 am

WhatWouldDitkaDo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:01 am
bigchiefbc wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:56 amThat seems exactly backwards to me. If you're drafted in the top 5, you should be closer to game-ready. A guy taken in the mid-rounds SHOULD be realistically viewed as more of a project that will take some time. Kizer definitely has tools, but he's very raw and literally everyone knew that about him last year. If they're ready to cast him off and draft a 1st round QB this year, then they made a really dumb decision by drafting him last year.
Yes, well every NFL team preaches giving rookies (especially QBs) time to develop and learn on the bench, but at the end of the day they get thrown off the cliff to fly or fall. Also, my take on CLE drafting Kizer last year was that they didn't love him, but he fell far enough where they figured it was worth a shot given all picks they had. I would bet a decent sum of money CLE goes QB at no. 1 in the 2018 draft.
Then they're stupid and flushed a mid 2nd round pick down the toilet. Most QBs take time to develop. Goff looked terrible last year. Wentz didn't look all that great either, with a 16/14 TD/INT ratio and YPA barely over 6 yards.

Teams should have learned by now that you sit QBs for a bit if you can, if not, give them a long rope.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am

The Browns can take a QB at 1 or 5 this year and still not throw in the towel on Kizer (or have it considered that they wasted the pick). If they think one of the QBs in this class is a franchise guy they should absolutely take him and continue to develop Kizer. He could either be a really good backup or some trade bait.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:29 am

I don't think Hue is worth a damn as a head coach, yes, Cleveland is young, really young yet the fact they can't win games or have one or two good Sundays....who does that fall on? Kizer has made a ton of mistakes, especially in the RZ but can I put the blame all on him for Cleveland being a joke of a franchise? I dunno.

With all the combine stuff on the horizon, could be too early to say but I like: Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold (I like the other two more) as the QBs I would take with the 1.01 or 1.05.

I understand why people are infatuated with Josh Allen but it makes zero sense, if the guy hasn't developed in college how can an NFL team expect to develop him in 1 year or 2 years???? Paxton Lynch was better in college, has the mobility and arm that teams love and he's gone nowhere.

Lamar Jackson, to me, people are going to overcompensate because so many missed on Deshaun Watson, and think he's capable of the same thing. I want to say that Watson was probably 100x more efficient that Jackson as a passer over the course of their careers. Watson was impressive this year but feel he could have had a lot more INTs and now has two torn ACLs....it's a common injury but could that affect his pocket movement? Time will tell.

Mason Rudolph is my darkhorse for an underrated QB, yes, he tore up Big 12 defenses with James Washington but he'd be someone I'd keep an eye on.

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:43 am The Browns can take a QB at 1 or 5 this year and still not throw in the towel on Kizer (or have it considered that they wasted the pick). If they think one of the QBs in this class is a franchise guy they should absolutely take him and continue to develop Kizer. He could either be a really good backup or some trade bait.
Agreed. When it comes to the QB position, why would you pass on a prospect you have graded highly enough to warrant the 1.01 or 1.05 if you truly feel he can be your foundation of the future? You’re going to let a dart you took in the 2nd round (52nd overall) dictate this? That is a sunk cost. You don’t let one mistake dictate another. If they truly feel Kizer can be that piece then sure, but project or not, he didn’t run with the job and therefore the team needs to do what is best for them at the most important position. Plus, drafting another guy doesn’t mean he can’t continue to develop and be an asset. They still would own his rights, and he could continue to learn on the bench like many originally hoped. Frankly, even if they do draft someone I wouldn’t consider the Kizer selection ‘a waste’…they had nothing there, took a shot (all prospects are uncertain), and the cost/benefit was there. It doesn’t look to be the long-term answer, so you do what you can to improve your chances. Competition isn’t a bad thing…though some seem to think it is at QB.

If they can bring in a Free Agent, let Kizer simmer behind him, and use those premium picks for other assets, then sure they could be better off, but bringing in a FA to Cleveland is no sure thing. Neither are the draft picks they’d make in replacement…and no sure thing the QB they passed on doesn’t (ala Wentz or Watson).

Saying the QB position isn't an issue for the Browns was definitely one of the funnier things i've read.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Agree with those above saying the Browns' drafting of Kizer in the 2nd round has no bearing on them drafting a QB high in the 1st, IF they think one of them is a potential long term starter.

I'll be very interested to see if Cincy, who could have a very high pick, will go ahead and draft a successor to Andy "The Definition of Mediocrity" Dalton.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:51 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 pm
I'll be very interested to see if Cincy, who could have a very high pick, will go ahead and draft a successor to Andy "The Definition of Mediocrity" Dalton.
It'd be quite a flip flop from last year then as they took what they apparently deemed a gadget player with a top 10 pick when they could have had I believe any one of 2 very interesting QB's.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:08 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:51 pm
lukkynumber13 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:35 pm
It'd be quite a flip flop from last year then as they took what they apparently deemed a gadget player with a top 10 pick when they could have had I believe any one of 2 very interesting QB's.
New regime likely won't want to keep going with Dalton, at least I would hope not!
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)