2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 (First Round Only!)

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Re: 2018 NFL Mock Draft 1.0 (First Round Only!)

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:53 am

FiremanEd wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:32 am Thanks for the read Lukky.

Nelson has a lot of backing, but still seems wild to see a Guard at #4. The Cooper/Warmack selections didn’t work put great and were very high for the position at the time too (though draft grades justified it as prospects). Talent and need could make it happen though, so not disagreeing, just commenting on the selection.
Thanks for your feedback!

I'm certainly no evaluator of O-linemen but from what I've heard, Nelson may be the next Zach Martin. I'll take that! And given that O-Line sucks so bad this year, if we don't take one at 4 (who, yes, will be a reach no matter who it is) we might as well just wait until day 2-3 and take a project. Nelson is probably the only guy who deserves to go top 20 in a normal draft.
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:26 am

No way the Browns take a QB at 1.01. They already spent a 1st on Kizer and they need major help on defense. I realize they just fired their GM, but to take a QB 1st overall would be unfathomably stupid, even for the Browns.
Both are 12-team 1QB PPR dynasties

🦬PRIME🦬
QB: Hurts, Howell
RB: Mixon, Jones, Sanders, Dobbins, Akers, Roschon, Dowdle, Kelley
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert
TE: Hockenson, Chig, Trautman
Taxi: Willis, Z. White, M. Mims, T. Palmer

Hull Awaits
$450 cap, 60 contract years

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5
TE: Thomas $1/0, Hill $1/0, Parham $1/0

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:58 am

M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:26 am No way the Browns take a QB at 1.01. They already spent a 1st on Kizer and they need major help on defense. I realize they just fired their GM, but to take a QB 1st overall would be unfathomably stupid, even for the Browns.
kizer was a second rnd pick and not an early one (52nd overall). Also the browns team isn't as bad as people report, if they even had hoyer or mccown they would be on at least 4 wins this year maybe more. If either Rosen (my preference) or darnold checks out as a good prospect they would be stupid not to draft them. I understood skipping on Goff and Wentz, alot of people weren't convinced and they got value for trading, but they should definitely take the punt this year in my opinion.

BradysBunch
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby BradysBunch » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:57 am

Wow people. He put up his opinion. No one can predict a draft. He is having fun. No need to make him defend his picks. In the words of someone I enjoy watching..."R-E-L-A-X."
9(yes 9) team / 28 man rosters
15/17/19/21 Champ
SF/PPR
QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/TE/flex/SF
Mahomes/TLAW/Fields
N. Harris/J. Williams/Gibbs/CEH/A. Jones/Hubbard/Haskins/Ingram
Kupp/Jefferson/Chase/Lamb/Hopkins/MT/Watson/Dotson/
Kelce/Hurst

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:07 am

BradysBunch wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:57 am Wow people. He put up his opinion. No one can predict a draft. He is having fun. No need to make him defend his picks. In the words of someone I enjoy watching..."R-E-L-A-X."
He posted it to create discussion. No one has been rude, rather have provided their thoughts or asked for insights into his selections. That’s what a forum does. He can respond or not. I would be shocked if Lukky felt attacked by the thread in any way. I think you’re taking the thread the wrong way.

I agree regarding what I’ve read on Nelson Lukky. Things like ‘step in All-Pro’ have been thrown around. It definitely could happen. Guess I just think the positional value may lack and that they have other holes with nice options available (on defense) that could let them move down and still get a high value prospect of value to them. That worth could be even better if a third QB really steps into that value range for teams to chase.

I haven’t watched enough of Kirk, but like someone else stated, I fail to see 1st round potential. I’ll be interested to see what the process and advanced film watching brings to light for him. I have the same feeling in what I’ve seen from Cain.

I’m interested to see Love’s measurables. I think Guice will trump him based on those as the process goes along.

Thanks again for the read. Enjoyed it, noting things will obviously flip all around as we move along, but could be neat to look back on come April to compare and see how things changed.

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 am

FiremanEd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:07 am I agree regarding what I’ve read on Nelson Lukky. Things like ‘step in All-Pro’ have been thrown around. It definitely could happen. Guess I just think the positional value may lack and that they have other holes with nice options available (on defense) that could let them move down and still get a high value prospect of value to them. That worth could be even better if a third QB really steps into that value range for teams to chase.
If we can get Bradley Chubb I'll be fine with that. He reminds me of Derek Barnett.

Other than him tho, there isn't any other defensive player I would want us to take that early. Maybe Minkah Fitzpatrick but only if he could be converted back to CB.
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:53 am

BradysBunch wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:57 am Wow people. He put up his opinion. No one can predict a draft. He is having fun. No need to make him defend his picks. In the words of someone I enjoy watching..."R-E-L-A-X."
I appreciate it bro. Haha it's all good, like FiremanEd said as long as it's all healthy discussion I'm happy with it :)

Where are you when I'm defending Sammy and Dez???? That's when I really feel like I need a defense attorney! :lol:
HERBERT, Baker
KITTLE
/
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
KITTLE, Goedert
/
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
/
R WILSON, Minshew
KELCE, Schultz
/
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
LAPORTA

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:04 pm

AussieMate wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:58 am
M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:26 am No way the Browns take a QB at 1.01. They already spent a 1st on Kizer and they need major help on defense. I realize they just fired their GM, but to take a QB 1st overall would be unfathomably stupid, even for the Browns.
kizer was a second rnd pick and not an early one (52nd overall). Also the browns team isn't as bad as people report, if they even had hoyer or mccown they would be on at least 4 wins this year maybe more. If either Rosen (my preference) or darnold checks out as a good prospect they would be stupid not to draft them. I understood skipping on Goff and Wentz, alot of people weren't convinced and they got value for trading, but they should definitely take the punt this year in my opinion.
My bad. I could’ve sworn Kizer was taken in the late 1st. Still, they knew he was a project when they drafted him, and it’s not like a 2nd rounder is just a throwaway pick. Giving up on a 21-year-old QB after a difficult rookie season seems incredibly short-sighted, especially given all the holes on D they need to fill. I agree that the Browns aren’t nearly as bad as their record indicates, but QB is way down the list of issues they need to address, IMO.

🦬PRIME🦬
WR: Nuk, Godwin, Cooper, Lockett, Flowers, Chark, Collins, Hollins, Tillman, Tolbert

Hull Awaits

QB: Lawrence $5/3, Richardson $5/5, Minshew $1/0, Jones $1/0, Heinicke $1/0, Tyrod $1/0
RB: Achane $4/4, Warren $2/4, Roschon $7/5, Dillon $4/1, Hubbard $2/1, Kelley $1/0
WR: Nuk $78/1, MT $25/1, M. Williams $1/0, JSN $21/5, Reed $4/5, Rice $4/5, M. Wilson $2/5

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:10 pm

M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:04 pm
AussieMate wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:58 am
My bad. I could’ve sworn Kizer was taken in the late 1st. Still, they knew he was a project when they drafted him, and it’s not like a 2nd rounder is just a throwaway pick. Giving up on a 21-year-old QB after a difficult rookie season seems incredibly short-sighted, especially given all the holes on D they need to fill. I agree that the Browns aren’t nearly as bad as their record indicates, but QB is way down the list of issues they need to address, IMO.
All fair points, though I would argue that 2nd rnd picks for the browns are one thing they can throwaway ha. They've only had about 7 in the past 3 years, I'm not even a browns fan (go colts) but I do want to see them succeed after all this time if being the whipping boy of the league. I actually love what they did with the last 2 drafts besides the huge amount of swings at wrs

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Tough to say for the Browns. If they pass on a Qb and Rosen or Darnold turn out to be studs, will they be forgiven for doing So? Especially after Goff, Wentz, and Watson have looked pretty solid to say the least. They do have holes to fill, but a qb driven league requires investing there. I do agree on Kizer is not necessarily a bust though, so it is quite the predicament. Or will be. Who knows what kind of offers they will get for 1.01 too.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:22 pm

Just wondering Luckky if u liked Kirk more than Sutton.. I hope Dallas takes a wr we desperately need one .. I know ur a big Dez love and that’s total fine but dak and dez just don’t seem on the same page or dez has which I think slid down with age .. he is missing balls he shouldn’t maybe he is pressing but I loved to see Sutton across from him .

And yes thanks for the read glad guys like put them out there no disrespect meant if anyone took it that way
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

bsp27
Role Player
Role Player

Postby bsp27 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:50 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:35 pm As someone who has owned Kirk for the last two college FFL seasons, I don't get the love so many have for him.
Him and Ridley do absolutely nothing for me
Superflex tight-end premium team:
Qb: Kyler Murray, Dak Presscott, Sam Darnold,
Rb: Derrick Henry, Latavius Murray, Darrell Henderson, Dexter Williams, Brian Hill
Wr: Chris Godwin, Stefon Diggs, Courtland Sutton, DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, Andy Isabella, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Tre'Quan Smith, Daesean Hamilton, Josh Reynolds, Trey Quin, Snead,
Te: TJ Hockensen, Gesicki, Hurst

1 2020 first, 1 2020 2nd, 1 2020 3rd, 1 2020 4th

Devy superflex
Qb: Cousins, Prescott, Lamar Jackson
Rb: Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman, Rex Burkhead,, Mcguire, Edwards
Wr: Antonio Brown, Amari Cooper, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller, Tre'quan Smith, John Brown, Carlos Henderson, Josh Malone, Ryan Switzer, Taywan Taylor, Leonte Carroo, Antonio Callaway
Te: David Njoku, O.J. Howard, Mark Andrews,

devy: Deondre Francois, Cam Akers, Bryce Love, Myles Gaskin, Sewo Olonilua, Jalen Reagor, Peoples-Jones, Noah Fant

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 am

M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:04 pm the Browns aren’t nearly as bad as their record indicates, but QB is way down the list of issues they need to address, IMO.
:shock: Browns are definitely going to take a QB and it's pretty high on their list of issues imo. Kizer leads the league in INTs.

M-Dub
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby M-Dub » Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:35 pm

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:55 am
M-Dub wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:04 pm the Browns aren’t nearly as bad as their record indicates, but QB is way down the list of issues they need to address, IMO.
:shock: Browns are definitely going to take a QB and it's pretty high on their list of issues imo. Kizer leads the league in INTs.
He’s 21. He was raw coming out. He probably shouldn’t even be starting. If the Brown aren’t willing to give him another couple years to work out the kinks, they shouldn’t have drafted him in the first place.

🦬PRIME🦬

Hull Awaits

flyersfan1981
Legend
Legend

Postby flyersfan1981 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:33 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:45 pm
Tvols wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:41 pm Why Kirk to the cowboys and not Sutton ?
I am far from an expert when it comes to incoming skill players, but from what I know I think Kirk's skill set would fit better with the Dallas offense, as a complement across from Dez.
Dez is quickly becoming irrelevant...the Cowboys need a new Dez in a Dez frame. That is Sutton, not Kirk!

But overall, great mock and thanks for getting the party started!!
#1-12 Team .5 PPR TE Premium (20-max)

Winston, Wentz
Ingram, Jones, Dalvin Cook, Rawls, Smallwood, McGuire
Evans, Keenan, Parker, Corey Davis, Lockett, Ty Williams
Ertz
1.05/1.06/1.07

#2-12 Team .5 PPR (25-max)

Rivers, Wilson
Gurley, JStew, West, Duke, Breida, Smallwood, Joe Williams
Nuk, Alshon, Sanders, Doctson, Crowder, Carroo, Carlos Henderson
Ertz, Kittle

#3 14-team PPR (27-max) Year 2

Rodgers, Bortles
McCoy, Howard, Chubb, Crowell, Cohen, D. Martin, McGuire, Joe Williams, Breida, West, Aaron Jones
Cooks, Alshon, MBryant, Britt, Boyd, Wright, Carroo, Chad Williams
Kelce, Julius Thomas, Jesse James, Shaheen, D. Allen

#4 12-team PPR S-flex TE Prem

Wentz, Trubisky, Cutler
Kamara, Ajayi, Howard, Lacy, Mack, Elijah McGuire, Sproles, Turbin
Hopkins, Alshon, Parker, Stills, Britt, ArDarius, P Cooper, TWilliams
Brate, Green, D Allen, Higbee, Hodges, Anderson
1.02/1.10