You starting Rodgers this week??

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
myth010
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: You starting Rodgers this week??

Postby myth010 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:16 pm

operwapitsai wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:09 pm Ive lost Rodgers, Watson and Bridgewater. Start Rodgers over Keenum??
I have Keenum as my starter right now over Rodgers, will follow the thread further and decide. Keenum has been scoring near 30 each week in my league since week 8, I am hoping he would give me his 30 points . I am hesitant to take the risk on Rodgers right now. I think my team can handle the average scoring at QB this week but will be tough to catch up if Rodgers crashes for some reason.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Though QB play hasn't gotten me where I am in this league, I feel I need to go for the home run. I lost 3 of my first 4 draft picks (DJ, Rodgers, Cook), but somehow cleared the field by 2 games and had the most points. I would have been destroyed by anybody I played last week, as McCown (-7), Kamara (5), Robby (5), Fitz (9), and Gronk (susp, 3 from replacement) were really bad. And my RB2 of choice last week would have been Booker (5).

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:28 pm

If you've held Rodgers for this long, then you're absolutely playing him.

I don't think there's much of a chance that he reinjures his shoulder. He's not rushing back at all.

Detroitcity
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Detroitcity » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Op here.

The one main thing I'm worried about with Rodgers is either he gets re-injured or he takes a decent hit and McCarthy gets gun shy and pulls him out of the game. I read somewhere that his collarbone is technically only 80 -85% healed at this point, so there is potential of re-injury if he takes a decent shot

Romo broke his collarbone a few years ago and came back for like 2 games (so he was likely fully healed at that point) and he broke his collarbone again

As I said in my OP I think the reason I'm so hesitant about starting Rodgers is because I have guys like Rivers (hot lately and has the same weekly upside as Rodgers) and Brady (on the same level). If it came down to starting someone like Eli, Brissett, or T Taylor....totally different story

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:53 pm

In my Superflex - I have Brees in 1 slot, the other is between Rodgers, Winston & Gabbert.
I can't see going with anyone but Rodgers..

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 am

Rodgers or Phillips ? Have Phillips in due to matchup such a hard choice I can see Rodger lightening up that weak azz secondary
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:10 am

Duh you start the best qb in the league.

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:13 am

Detroitcity wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:32 amThe 2 leagues I own him in I would be starting Brady or Rivers, so that obviously plays into it too
Brady >>> Rodgers this week. Rivers is a toss up. I'd go Rivers unless you're a big underdog.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Londondynasty
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Londondynasty » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:15 am

Is the general feeling to go for another top 5 qb if you are favourite but Rodgers if you're chasing?
Team 1: Superflex PPR. 35 keeper. 1 qb, 1 Superflex, 2 rb, 2wr, 4 flex, 1 te
QB: Rodgers, Allen, Lance, M.White, Bridgwater
RB: Fournette, Pollard, Chubb, Dillon, C-Patt, J.Cook, K.William, JRob
WR: Adams, Keenan Allen, Evans, Mooney, Juju, Corey Davis, G.Davis, Van Jefferson, Chark, Atwell
TE: Kelce, Waller, Tonyan, Brate, Taysom

Team 2. PPR. 14 teamer. 1qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 wr/rb, 1 wr/te 1 te, k, p, various IDP
QB: Hurts, Ryan, Watson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, CEH, Penny, Gibson, Hunt
Rhamondre
WR: Hill, Adams, Chase, Brown, Toney, Chark, Gage, Campbell, OBJ, Reagor, Mims, Marshall, Wandale, Bell,
TE: Kittle, Waller, Henry, Njoku

zoster80
All Pro
All Pro

Postby zoster80 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 am

As of now I have Keenum in my lineup, but I may change my mind over the next day. I picked him up in redraft to c*ckblock the other owners, but I own Wilson in that league so, I definitely not starting him there.
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 30 players - Keep 24
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: Herbert, B Young
RB: Bijan, Warren, Z Moss, K Ingram, J kelley
WR: D London, Z Flowers, JSN, J Reed, QJ G Davis, Gallup, DPJ, M Mims, J Metchie, W Robinson, J Tolbert, J Jennings
TE: J Ferguson Fant, J Johnson, Gesicki
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2024 Picks
2025 Picks

QB: Burrow Dobbs, R Wilson, Stidham, Carr,
RB: CMC, Hall, K Walker, Swift, M Sanders M Carter, K Gainwell, CEH, Hunt, C Evans, E Wilson, P Taylor, D Johnson,
WR: DJM, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Hopkins, M Gallup, Chark, T Scott, P Washington, G Dortch, J Watson, R Woods
TE: M Andrews, Fant , Hudson, Higbee, L Thomas, J Johnson,
DST: SF, PHI

TAXI:
C Jones, B Strange, J Shorter, W Levis
2024 Picks
4.11,5.11,6.05, 6.11[/size]
2025 Picks
2026 Picks

Fantasyfanatic11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Fantasyfanatic11 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 am

If you're starting QB is not Big Ben, Brady or Wilson, then I'd start Rodgers.
16 team PPR
QB: Herbert Purdy Garoppolo Winston
RB: Chubb Bijan Kamara White Singletary Gainwell CEH Penny
WR: Cooper Moore Dotson Beckham Mooney Mingo Renfrow
TE: LaPorta Kittle Waller

16 Team PPR
QB: Herbert
RB: A.Jones Elliott Spears Gainwell Fournette
WR: Kupp Olave M.Williams Flowers OBJ Dotson Johnston Palmer Claypool
TE: LaPorta Schultz Njoku

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:22 am

Tvols wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:46 am Rodgers or Phillips ? Have Phillips in due to matchup such a hard choice I can see Rodger lightening up that weak azz secondary
Do you mean Rivers?

moishetreats
Legend
Legend

Postby moishetreats » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm

Some facts:

1) A broken collarbone post-surgery with screws needs to be at least 80% or 85% (depending on whom you ask) healed in order to be able to withstand the impact that the collarbone could take before it was broken in the first place. There's no chance in hell that Rodgers would be cleared if he weren't at 80% or more. In other words, his collarbone is no weaker now than when he first injured it.

2) Carolina has a top-6 pass defense... buttressed by many games against poor QBs. The better QBs that they have faced have averaged more than 260 passing yards and more than 2TDs per game against them.

3) In practice, he has shown for two weeks that his arm strength is fully there.

4) In 2013, after Rodgers missed about half the season with a broken collarbone, he came back in Week 17 to play @Chi, needing a win for the Packers to win the division (the only way that the Packers would make the playoffs). Relying on help from a last-play, 48-yard TD to Cobb, Rodgers was 25-39, 318, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 1 rush for 5 yards, and 3 sacks taken.

Observation (not a fact): Rodgers plays lights-out when he or his team is in dire straights... as the Packers are now.

You want to consider sitting Rodgers for Brady? Okay. For Wilson or Roethlisberger -- perhaps the two hottest QBs in the NFL right now?
Okay. While, yes, there might be some rust, other than those three QBs, I don't think that you could even consider starting any other QB over him.
10 tms 27 plrs PPR
Start: 2QB 2RB 3WR 2TE 2Flex / best ball

QB: Herbert, Love, Rodgers, G Smith, Stidham, T Taylor, Hall
RB: McCaffrey, Mixon, Pacheco, Montgomery, Z White, Allgeier, Dillon
WR: Hill, St. Brown, Kupp, Allen, Lockett, B Johnson
TE: Kelce, Kmet, Kraft, Okonkwo, Dulcich, Tremble

2024: 2.09, 3.07, 3.08, 3.10, 4.08
2025: 2nd (x2), 4th, 5th (x2)
2026: 1st, 2nd (x2), 3rd, 4th, 5th

12 tms 22 active plyrs. Salary Cap $300 PPR
Start: 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1SF 1Flex / best ball

QB: Lawrence (contract through 2026), Love ('24), Rodgers ('24), Stidham ('25), Lock ('25)
RB: Bijan Robinson ('25), Pollard ('27), Dillon ('24), Rodriguez ('24), Spiller ('24)
WR: G Wilson ('26), AJ Brown ('26), DJ Montgomery ('25)
TE: --
2024 Cap Spent: $186

IR: --
TAXI SQUAD (4 max): --

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 am

moishetreats wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm You want to consider sitting Rodgers for Brady? Okay. For Wilson or Roethlisberger -- perhaps the two hottest QBs in the NFL right now?
Okay. While, yes, there might be some rust, other than those three QBs, I don't think that you could even consider starting any other QB over him.
I am not considering it...I am starting Rivers over Rogers. 8 weeks off might make him a little rusty. CAR is a possession team and might be able to limit his # of possessions if the GB D can't stop the offense.
Rivers has been solid enough most weeks and while his ceiling isn't as high I think the floor is better this week. Too risky starting a guy coming off injury in playoffs to a tough matchup...ARod is a great QB but I am rolling the safety play this week
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:27 pm

Well here starting Rodgers over rivers hope it work out 😳🙈

My thinking is Geen bay won’t be able to run the ball and Rodgers will have to throw panthers secondary isn’t the best it a total toss up 🙊🙊🙈🙈🙈🙈
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP