You starting Rodgers this week??

General discussion and team advice concerning Redraft & Keeper leagues.
ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: You starting Rodgers this week??

Postby ImaRounder » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 pm

maxhyde wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 am
moishetreats wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm You want to consider sitting Rodgers for Brady? Okay. For Wilson or Roethlisberger -- perhaps the two hottest QBs in the NFL right now?
Okay. While, yes, there might be some rust, other than those three QBs, I don't think that you could even consider starting any other QB over him.
I am not considering it...I am starting Rivers over Rogers. 8 weeks off might make him a little rusty. CAR is a possession team and might be able to limit his # of possessions if the GB D can't stop the offense.
Rivers has been solid enough most weeks and while his ceiling isn't as high I think the floor is better this week. Too risky starting a guy coming off injury in playoffs to a tough matchup...ARod is a great QB but I am rolling the safety play this week
Tough break

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:55 am

I don't own Aaron Rogers in dynasty; but in a redraft league, I did claim him off the waiver wire to replace Carson Wentz. I had planned to roll with Nick Foles, but then learned Aaron was going to play and quickly claimed him.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 am

Wile E. Coyote wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:55 am I don't own Aaron Rogers in dynasty; but in a redraft league, I did claim him off the waiver wire to replace Carson Wentz. I had planned to roll with Nick Foles, but then learned Aaron was going to play and quickly claimed him.
He was available that late??? Rodgers was claimed weeks ago as soon as the first trickle of news came out that he could possibly come back. And now I am playing vs him in the playoffs today in my redraft league.

Tvols
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tvols » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:55 am

I picked him up a week and half ago .. lol off waivers some guys just don’t get it ...
16 teamer
QB T Law, R Wilson
rb- Mixon,pollard, J Hill, conner,
WR-Chase,Lamb,T Hill, R Bateman, C sutton, boyd
Te Kelce, Waller, Fant,Evertt,
1qb,2-3rb,3-5wr,1-2 TE
Full IDP

Team 2 recent rod 16 team SF/TEP(2pt PPR) 1-2 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-5 wrs and 1-2 TE full IDP.
QB A rod, M willis and H Hooker
rb not squat T Bigsby, Chris R, Z evans. J kelly, C patterson, and J mcluaghlin.
WRs chase, J Addison, T McLaurin, C ridgley , A Losivas, M hollins
TE Kelce, D Belligner, T Conklin

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:49 pm

Bot101 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:41 am
Wile E. Coyote wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:55 am I don't own Aaron Rogers in dynasty; but in a redraft league, I did claim him off the waiver wire to replace Carson Wentz. I had planned to roll with Nick Foles, but then learned Aaron was going to play and quickly claimed him.
He was available that late??? Rodgers was claimed weeks ago as soon as the first trickle of news came out that he could possibly come back. And now I am playing vs him in the playoffs today in my redraft league.
Yep, he was still laying in the waiver wire. I claimed him earlier in the week.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 pm

Next week my options are Rodgers vs Min, Keenum @GB, or Foles vs Oak. Am I crazy to think Foles is the answer here?

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 pm Next week my options are Rodgers vs Min, Keenum @GB, or Foles vs Oak. Am I crazy to think Foles is the answer here?
I would go Keenum personally, but no - not crazy.
Oakland's defense is awful.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Lotto4Life wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:36 pm Next week my options are Rodgers vs Min, Keenum @GB, or Foles vs Oak. Am I crazy to think Foles is the answer here?
Unless Tampa Bay finds a way to win tonight, you may not have to decide whether or not to play Rodgers. It sounds like McCarthy may elect to keep him out if the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs. Too bad they couldn't beat Carolina on Sunday.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

ImaRounder
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ImaRounder » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:23 pm
Unless Tampa Bay finds a way to win tonight, you may not have to decide whether or not to play Rodgers. It sounds like McCarthy may elect to keep him out if the Packers are eliminated from the playoffs. Too bad they couldn't beat Carolina on Sunday.
Gathered the same.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:36 am

According to weatherbug, the high in Green Bay on Sunday will be 11 degrees.

Lotto4Life
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Lotto4Life » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:40 am

I guess they play Saturday night. Temp at kickoff about 13 degrees.

Wile E. Coyote
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Wile E. Coyote » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:06 am

I knew there was a rumor that Rogers may return, but was surprised that Rogers actually did return. I'm not surprised at all that Green Bay is now talking about shutting him down for the season. A broken collar bone with 13 screws on the throwing shoulder is a lot to overcome in that short of time frame. IMHO, it is in their best interest to protect their franchise QB and it will be good for Hundley to get more NFL playing experience.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:05 pm

ImaRounder wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:52 pm
maxhyde wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:29 am
moishetreats wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:15 pm You want to consider sitting Rodgers for Brady? Okay. For Wilson or Roethlisberger -- perhaps the two hottest QBs in the NFL right now?
Okay. While, yes, there might be some rust, other than those three QBs, I don't think that you could even consider starting any other QB over him.
I am not considering it...I am starting Rivers over Rogers. 8 weeks off might make him a little rusty. CAR is a possession team and might be able to limit his # of possessions if the GB D can't stop the offense.
Rivers has been solid enough most weeks and while his ceiling isn't as high I think the floor is better this week. Too risky starting a guy coming off injury in playoffs to a tough matchup...ARod is a great QB but I am rolling the safety play this week
Tough break
yep...sucked. making bad lineup decisions every week...couple more to go then I can reset and start all over again next year
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams