Can you build a team that you don't have to touch?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
skip
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Can you build a team that you don't have to touch?

Postby skip » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:12 am

maxhyde wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:34 am
BhamRudy wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:20 pm I was wondering if you can build a team that has youth and depth so good you don't have to touch it for a couple years? If can how long could you go without making trades? I am asking because I have been building team 1 in sig and I feel like I could just draft and play the WW for a couple years and stop trading. Is this a possibility?
I totally think you can. In fact it kinda is the goal for me in leagues...building a low maintenance contender. Where I don't need to find deals to stay in the hunt

To all you saying why take away tools or not doing something...he just asked it were possible. I think sometimes people are too trade happy. Ideally you should only be improving your team as you see it, not as others feel it could be better.
I agree here. In all my years in this game, I've never been an avid trader. I had one team that I completely gutted during a single off season because a mad array of dominoes fell poorly and I had no choice. Overall I prefer a "set it and forget it" type of team other than waiver moves. I make a handful of trades and generally they tend to be during a rookie draft where I am positioning myself to grab specific players.

I find that there are too many "trade happy" owners who are never satisfied with that they have or think that their team requires constant tweaking.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:46 pm

Without reading any of the other responses, you should always build and try to improve your team. You never know what can happen from year to year. Young players with high upside don't always pan out, and a team that looks like it's poised for multiple championships in the future can bust and be bad for several years.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:25 pm

I don't think it's possible. Fantasy football is built so much on variance, that you have to keep up, or you could put yourself at a big disadvantage. Something that's true one year, may not be true the next, but could be true two years from that year.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:59 am

I would scrap the rookie draft (and often do) before I'd give up trading.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14