2018 Rookie Discussion

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Triton85
Captain
Captain

2018 Rookie Discussion

Postby Triton85 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:56 pm

I think most people have Barkley going #1... but how about some of the others in the top 10/15

I've been watching highlight reels, however I gotta remember they are highlights for a reason.

Looking at some stats I'm excited about Jonathan Taylor in a few years.. guy put up some crazy numbers as a freshman... but can't look at him this year.

Other names I'm seeing some nice stats on
Guice - seems to be able to break most tackles
Chubb - seems almost like a blend of guice/love
Love - speed guy that is shifty, I look at him like a Kamara level guy
Penny
Freeman

What are your guys thoughts on some of these guys that are in line to possibly come out this season

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2018 Rookie Discussion

Postby IBall2 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Still too early to tell who's even going to declare for the draft. Most players wont declare until after their bowl games. Every year there are a few players that stay for their senior year like Chubb and Sutton last year. Walterfootball usually keeps a pretty good log of players that have declared so far if you want to take a look at them http://walterfootball.com/draft2018underclassmen.php

I noticed in your original post you only mentioned RBs, any reason for this? Seems like the past 3 seasons everybody has only been looking forward to the RBs, 2017 was good for RBs but I don't expect that to continue to happen each and every year.

I like Sutton and Ridley early in this draft class, looking forward to see how they do at the combine. Ridley is a little older for a rookie WR but he is very polished on his routes and should make an impact early, needs to bulk up a little bit though.

This class seems to have a few WRs that are very tall which could be interesting to see how they all compare at the combine (Sutton/St. Brown/Tate/Smith). Not sure all of them will declare for the draft this year but it would be fun to see all of their metrics together at the combine since they are all 6'4" or taller

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Barkley still seems head and shoulders above all. Guice, Ridley, Sutton and Chubb are interesting names after that. After those guys? I'm not so sure. Seems like this draft gets ugly quick.

But, if you're in Superflex...this is a potentially great year: Josh Rosen, Josh Allen, Sam Darnold, Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson...there's a lot of talent there at QB.

ESKAY
Captain
Captain

Postby ESKAY » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:17 pm

I don’t think it will get ugly quick. Kirk looks like he will be a great slot guy. James Washington looks like a possible #1 WR. Last years draft was known for the BIG 6 and look at the late first and second round guys turned out. I think this year can be comparable.

Triton85
Captain
Captain

Postby Triton85 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 pm

In the league i'm in, I honestly think trading for a young wr 1-2 years in (unless he's an odb type) will be fairly easy, and from what I'm seeing I feel rb in the first round seems to be the safer, more immediate impact.

I just haven't seen much on players like Love, Penny or Freeman which all have put up some great numbers in decent systems. Having 2 1sts and an early 2nd. I'm hoping to land 1 stud to put my team over the top, so starting my homework early lol