General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_jeffh
Administrator

DLF Player Pages

Postby dlf_jeffh » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am

Hey all,

Just want to make sure you check out our new Player Pages:

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/p ... re_Hopkins

They are still under development and we're adding to them all the time now. Also optimized for mobile. Apologies for them being down much longer than anticipated and, in fact, they went down for an unrelated cause and we also took that time to roll in the new development additions.

In any event, this when combined with our Player Updates on the main page should become a critical feature in highlighting players, recent events and general information. Much more to come.

Good luck this week!
There is No Off-Season!

Jeff Haverlack
@dlf_Jeff
Co-Founder
http://www.dynastyleaguefootball.com

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: DLF Player Pages

Postby Bot101 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:15 am

WOOOO At last!!!

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:01 am

dlf_jeffh wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am Hey all,

Just want to make sure you check out our new Player Pages:

http://apps.dynastyleaguefootball.com/p ... 'Veon_Bell

They are still under development and we're adding to them all the time now. Also optimized for mobile. Apologies for them being down much longer than anticipated and, in fact, they went down for an unrelated cause and we also took that time to roll in the new development additions.

In any event, this when combined with our Player Updates on the main page should become a critical feature in highlighting players, recent events and general information. Much more to come.

Good luck this week!
WOO! This is awesome! Truly looks amazing, only question what is the point system based on?
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:39 pm

The fantasy points are calculated by our stats service provider, ArmchairAnalysis. The fantasy points in question for offensive players are based on the Draft Kings standard PPR scoring system. For defensive players, the fantasy points are calculated using the NFL.com standard IDP scoring system.

Hope that helps.

We're just beginning to scratch the surface of what we can do both with the player pages and fully leveraging the stats package. We have a lot of plans to build out additional tools and resources. Several more enhancements to the player pages will be happening soon.

I also want to give a big shout out to the two guys who have worked hard on the coding and development of these player pages, and so much more. We've spent a ton of time this year on a total rebuild of our back end databases in order to facilitate growth and further development. In particular, Mike MacGregor ( @DraftBuddy ) and Nick Sarlo ( @Sick_Narlo ) have done some amazing work. Please give them a follow and check out their own awesome projects at http://draftbuddy.com and http://www.dynastyfftools.com/ respectively!

Final word... The support you all have provided has enabled us to further invest in application development, site redesigns, stats, improved hosting, writers, editing and so much more. It really takes a bunch of people to make all of this happen. So, thanks for that. And have a terrific rest of the year!

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:04 pm

Well done fellas! This is brilliant.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Bravo guys. This is pretty awesome.

whodunnit
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby whodunnit » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:57 pm

awesome.... but looking through the trades that have been completed I noticed this and just had to share

DEAD MONEY traded:
RB Dion Lewis, NEP

The Angry Cockroaches traded:
RB Aaron Jones, GBP
WR Mike Evans, TBB

WTF..... Congrats to whoever TF Dead Money is.

Edit (I know this isn't what this thread is for, but seriously)
Doing Gurley Things traded:
RB Kenyan Drake, MIA
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
WR DeVante Parker, MIA
WR Dede Westbrook, JAC
TE Rob Gronkowski, NEP

Dominate and Bounced! traded:
QB Patrick Mahomes, KCC
RB Corey Clement, PHI
RB Chris Ivory, JAC
WR Malcolm Mitchell, NEP
WR Eli Rogers, PIT
2018 R4 draft pick, 2018 R5 draft pick

Fox Bowl Dynasty, 2017-12-03

Who are these people making horrible decisions?
Watson Goff Purdy
Pierce Swift Robinson Conner Patterson
Hill Lamb Pittman Williams Renfrow Samuel
Hockenson Knox Kmet Schultz

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am

Awesome work. Love the new player pages.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:42 am

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
GLSmk wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:57 pm awesome.... but looking through the trades that have been completed I noticed this and just had to share

DEAD MONEY traded:
RB Dion Lewis, NEP

RB Aaron Jones, GBP
WR Mike Evans, TBB

RB Kenyan Drake, MIA
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
WR DeVante Parker, MIA
WR Dede Westbrook, JAC
TE Rob Gronkowski, NEP

QB Patrick Mahomes, KCC
RB Corey Clement, PHI
RB Chris Ivory, JAC
WR Malcolm Mitchell, NEP
WR Eli Rogers, PIT

Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Vendetta
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Vendetta » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:20 pm

This looks outstanding! I love the addition of the web graph at the bottom, will be nice to compare incoming rookies with established players' charts to see how they stack up.

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:39 pm

GLSmk wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:57 pm awesome.... but looking through the trades that have been completed I noticed this and just had to share

DEAD MONEY traded:
RB Dion Lewis, NEP

RB Aaron Jones, GBP
WR Mike Evans, TBB

RB Kenyan Drake, MIA
RB Todd Gurley, LAR
WR DeVante Parker, MIA
WR Dede Westbrook, JAC
TE Rob Gronkowski, NEP

QB Patrick Mahomes, KCC
RB Corey Clement, PHI
RB Chris Ivory, JAC
WR Malcolm Mitchell, NEP
WR Eli Rogers, PIT

To be completely honest, as much as the data from recent trades is valuable, I find that more times than not I wouldn’t move player x for that. It really hasn’t helped me find value in certain players. More just examples of packages I wouldn’t accept for player X.
With that out of the way, the player pages are awesome! I am just curious if there is a way to search for a player? I have only used mobile and can only go “newer” or “older” on the pages. Like for example I wanted to see Keenan Allen’s profile, and found myself hitting older, and scrolling, over and ove again. Can you reach the player profiles if you go through the player rankings or ADP date?

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 pm

There is a player search box in the right side of the blue menu bar.

On the main website you'll find a link to Player Search under the Search icon on the right side of that blue menu bar. There is also a link to player search on most pages on the site in the More Resources section.

The data from the Trade Finder is merely one more tool in the tool belt to help you assess potential player value, along with rankings, article, analysis and adp. At the end of the day, there is no silver bullet for identifying player value as there are so many variables. Even within leagues that have the exact same scoring rules, roster construction, etc, different people value players differently, so there will never be a perfect resource. Use all of the data points as best you can to help inform your player valuation opinions.

Hope that helps. Thanks!

ZPalmtree
Captain
Captain

Postby ZPalmtree » Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:57 am

dlf_kenm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 pm There is a player search box in the right side of the blue menu bar.

On the main website you'll find a link to Player Search under the Search icon on the right side of that blue menu bar. There is also a link to player search on most pages on the site in the More Resources section.

The data from the Trade Finder is merely one more tool in the tool belt to help you assess potential player value, along with rankings, article, analysis and adp. At the end of the day, there is no silver bullet for identifying player value as there are so many variables. Even within leagues that have the exact same scoring rules, roster construction, etc, different people value players differently, so there will never be a perfect resource. Use all of the data points as best you can to help inform your player valuation opinions.

Hope that helps. Thanks!
Still haven’t been able to find the search bar on mobile, but ended up going to the ADP page. Thank you! One suggestion I thought of was, maybe have a date with the comment from specific guys. I saw there was a date next to their personal rankings, and thought some of the comments seemed out of date.

dlf_mikem
Administrator

Postby dlf_mikem » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:35 am

Hi ZPalmtree. On mobile, if you click the button with the 3 lines/bars it opens up the menu that would otherwise be visible on a wider screen size. Isn't the player search box at the bottom of that?

dlf_kenm
Administrator

Postby dlf_kenm » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:05 am

Thanks for the feedback Palm. Our desire is that every time a ranker updates their rankings, they are also reviewing and when necessary updating the comments. Each individual comment is not time stamped separately. But we'll keep that on a list of potential upgrades in the future.

And yes, for the search on mobile, you'll find that in the 'hamburger' menu, down a bit. Only so much space on mobile screens, have to pack these options in there.

Hope that helps.

Thanks!
ZPalmtree wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:57 am
dlf_kenm wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 pm There is a player search box in the right side of the blue menu bar.

Hope that helps. Thanks!
Still haven’t been able to find the search bar on mobile, but ended up going to the ADP page. Thank you! One suggestion I thought of was, maybe have a date with the comment from specific guys. I saw there was a date next to their personal rankings, and thought some of the comments seemed out of date.