Creating Your Own Dynasty Spreadsheet

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Creating Your Own Dynasty Spreadsheet

Postby gausec » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:11 pm

I was wondering, how many of you who play create their own spreadsheets? I am in the process of creating a spreadsheet, for roster management of the one team I own. In this sheet, I will color code my roster players, who are on the bubble, what I anticipate my starting lineup to be etc.

I was hoping to create a resource that can be shared with the community, as a template for roster management or other useful spreadsheet tools. If there is anything you think would be useful please include it, and I will try to incorporate it. Or if someone has already created this and is willing to share, please feel free to!

Thanks for the time!
12 team, 1PPR: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, Flex, Flex
QB: Brees, Smith, Bortles,
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews
TE: Kittle, Eifert, Brate, McDonald, J. James
IR: K. Dixon, Jermey Hill

2019 Picks: 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 5th
2020 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th

krombj19
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Creating Your Own Dynasty Spreadsheet

Postby krombj19 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:21 pm

i like doing it in Excel. i don't color code besides the players i plan on acquiring.. i list the positions in the first column, and then the name, contract price, and contract years left. i add all contract price cells together to get the salary cap.
Barkley for President - 10 Teams, 23 Man Rosters, QRRWWWTFDK, Cap is $852 this year and Increases by 5% each year while each players contract goes up by 20% each year. Players can be signed 5 years at a time max unless a rookie, which is 3 if drafted. If won in auction can be 5 years. Can only extend a player once, EX signifies that player is Extended. Devy players count against cap as well.

QB - Jameis Winston EX 2YRS at $42 and Sam Darnold 2YRS at $14

RB - Saquon Barkley 2YRS at $35, Dalvin Cook 1YR at $17, Rex Burkhead 1YR at $4, Ty Montgomery 3YRS at $14, Damien Williams 1YR at $2, Royce Freeman 2YRS at $10

WR - Amari Cooper EX 5YRS at $50, Sammy Watkins EX 3YRS at $60, Golden Tate 1YR at $60, Devante Parker EX 1YR at $35, Kenny Golladay 4YRS at $2

TE - Travis Kelce EX 5YRS at $52, Austin Hooper 2YRS at $12

D/ST - Rams 1YR at $2, Chiefs 1YR at $3

K - Stephen Gostowski 1YR at $3

I own Pick 3.9 in a Devy depleted Rookie/Devy Draft.

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:40 pm

This sounds pretty cool.

pierson242
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby pierson242 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:46 pm

I would love to see what you come up with!
Devy Writer and Ranker for DLF

Follow me on Twitter @PiersonFF

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 pm

I do this. I would also recommend a tab with a trade log of all trades that occur in your league. It's helpful in determining which teams value rookie picks, which teams trade more often, which teams give up on under-performing rookies etc.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:15 pm

I converted what I used into google sheets, it is not revolutionary by any means. However, it does help me visualize what my team needs/what pieces I have. I used one of my teams as an example to help visualize it. One thing I was wondering, is there a way for the lineup to auto-populate based on the rankings of the players for their position?

If anyone has any feedback please feel free to leave it (negative or positive!). I had previously had the positions fit on one screen without scrolling however there was no way to delete a row without it totally messing up the cell. If you want to delete a player I'd recommend deleting the row so the formula will deduct the player for the total. If you're replacing the player with another you can simply overwrite it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
RB: Zeke, Freeman, Buck Allen, Duke, Burkehead, D. Lewis, A. Peterson, C. Grant, Blount
WR: Hilton, Thielen, G. Tate, Edelman, Fuller, Cobb, R. Matthews, C. Meredith, Ginn, Amendola, Pryor, Hurns, J. Matthews

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:48 pm

I make a spreadsheet for contract leagues to calculate auction values. I also use one for a large keeper league to see who is available and to offer trades to anyone with not enough or too many keepers. Basically unique leagues require unique information. But for pretty normal leagues I don't find it necessary.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 pm

I think the best way to get the lineup to autofill would just have the QB slot (cell H3) reference your QB#1 (cell C14) and just change the Roster order as you see it. You could also do a cell of projected points where you could set a MAX function but that would only return numbers, not the names of players

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Tsunami wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:48 pm I make a spreadsheet for contract leagues to calculate auction values. I also use one for a large keeper league to see who is available and to offer trades to anyone with not enough or too many keepers. Basically unique leagues require unique information. But for pretty normal leagues I don't find it necessary.
Exactly, Excel is great for numbers and showing data, but with just a bunch of names its not really helpful

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 pm I think the best way to get the lineup to autofill would just have the QB slot (cell H3) reference your QB#1 (cell C14) and just change the Roster order as you see it. You could also do a cell of projected points where you could set a MAX function but that would only return numbers, not the names of players
Add the OFFSET function in with the MAX to return the player. I have an Excel-based redraft auction draft tool that helps me set auction values for every player based on aggregate stat projections from FantasyPros that I've also set up to fill in starting lineups to effectively "power rank" teams ahead of the season.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Ruggenater wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:37 pm I think the best way to get the lineup to autofill would just have the QB slot (cell H3) reference your QB#1 (cell C14) and just change the Roster order as you see it. You could also do a cell of projected points where you could set a MAX function but that would only return numbers, not the names of players
Add the OFFSET function in with the MAX to return the player. I have an Excel-based redraft auction draft tool that helps me set auction values for every player based on aggregate stat projections from FantasyPros that I've also set up to fill in starting lineups to effectively "power rank" teams ahead of the season.
Having trouble using that function to return the players name. Could you explain it a little further? Thanks!

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:25 pm

edit: wrong link...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
that's the right one

there's mine. lots of stuff haven't been updated in a while. it mostly makes sense to me. the most useful tabs for me are the "team strength" ones where I can see every teams players and picks. it really helps when im trying to construct a trade.

lots of things didn't transfer well when uploading from excel to google sheets.
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

gausec
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby gausec » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm

kamihamster wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:25 pm edit: wrong link...
that's the right one

there's mine. lots of stuff haven't been updated in a while. it mostly makes sense to me. the most useful tabs for me are the "team strength" ones where I can see every teams players and picks. it really helps when im trying to construct a trade.

Intresting stuff in regards to the compete or rebuild analysis, can you explain this sheet a little more? Do you just input the weekly totals?

kamihamster
Captain
Captain

Postby kamihamster » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:43 pm

gausec wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm
kamihamster wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:25 pm edit: wrong link...
that's the right one

Intresting stuff in regards to the compete or rebuild analysis, can you explain this sheet a little more? Do you just input the weekly totals?
pretty much. there's lots of formulas and stuff that i came up with. nothing too crazy as i am not very good with math. it just helps me see from a purely numbers standpoint if i should be trying to compete or not.

it also tracks my teams performance. i really need to add a notes section for each week so i can look back and see why i might have had an increase or drop off in production. it also plots every teams performance against each other so you can see how variable some are and how studly or dudly others are. ... this sheet really looks better in excel
NTL (est 2016): (8-0)
12-team, PPR, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1FLX
QB: A.Rodgers, D.Jones
RB: A.Kamara, K.Johnson, K.Drake, Da.Henderson, C.Anderson, K.Ballage, T.Montgomery, J.Wilson, D.Ogunbowale, Dw.Washington, J.Kelly, P.Perkins, A.Blue
WR: O.Beckham, D.Hopkins, C.Kupp, D.Chark, R.Foster, A.Wilson, J.Reynolds, S.Morgan, B.Pringle, O.Johnson, D.Williams, D.Willis
TE: J.Cook, M.Andrews, A.Shaheen, B.Jarwin
2020 Picks: 3, 4
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4
2022 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4

Home League (est 2014): 2018 Champ (6-2)
12-team, NPPR-6ptTD, 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,2FLX,1K,1DST,4IDP
QB: P.Mahomes, J.Goff
RB: D.Cook, A.Kamara, J.Mixon, M.Breida, S.Michel, F.Gore, D.Guice, K.Ballage, D.Ogunbowale, R.Bonnafon, J.Scarlett, W.Gallman, J.Kelly, J.Wilson
WR: D.Adams, J.Smith-Schuster, T.Boyd, A.Robinson, L.Fitzgerald, Jo.Brown, M.Valdes-Scantiling, K.Harmon, Z.Pascal
TE: E.Engram, A.Hooper
DST: NOS
K: W.Lutz
2020 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
2021 Picks: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:23 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 pm
Ruggenater wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:41 pm
Having trouble using that function to return the players name. Could you explain it a little further? Thanks!
Depending how your data table is set up, you'll want something like OFFSET([cell reference for top of player name column],MATCH(MAX([projected points column]),[projected points column],0),0). Don't include the column header in the [projected points column] reference, or if you do, subtract 1 from that piece of the formula.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker