How many leagues is too many?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
spartan833
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: How many leagues is too many?

Postby spartan833 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:22 am

I'm in 5 dynasty, 1 Salary Cap w/ contracts and 1 redraft. I think 10 is probably around my limit and will move close to that this offseason. I don't really count best ball since there is no work necessary.

CK_
Role Player
Role Player

Postby CK_ » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 am

I believe how many leagues depends on the person. I only managed 6 this year to dip my foot back in because I got burnt out at PFF. I always do championships and will do PPR only unless I do Yahoo Pro. I usually manage 10-15 leagues and enjoy it a lot. How I base my builds is off a key core I design at the beginning of the year based off of value. My core this year was OBJ, Dalvin Cook, Chris Carson, Alvin Kamara, Gronk, Evan Engram, and Mariota. Obviously some hits and misses but the value was what was important. Gronk I would only draft in the 2nd btw.

Also for anyone looking to solely draft and forget it for the year then there is great leagues called "Best Ball" in FFPC that are a lot of fun! I don't do them personally but they are a big hit.
14 Team .5 PPR Return yards
QB: Luck, Mayfield
RB: Elliot, Mixon, Guice, Ekeler
WR: Diggs, C. Davis, Gordon, Lockett, M. Williams, Godwin, John Brown, Tre'Quan Smith
TE: Gronk, Burton, Goedert
K: Gostkowski
D/ST: Jax, Chiefs

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 am

I'm in 3 dynasty leagues and completely gave up all redraft finally this year. I honestly find redraft to be a complete waste of time ever since I started dynasty, but I was stuck in some IRL redraft leagues with friends and luckily they all let it die this year. I'm not sure if I could handle another league, these 3 take up a ton of time, and I also do dynasty baseball which sucks up the rest of my free time.

Capitalist Pig
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Capitalist Pig » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:01 pm

bigchiefbc wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:58 am I'm in 3 dynasty leagues and completely gave up all redraft finally this year. I honestly find redraft to be a complete waste of time ever since I started dynasty, but I was stuck in some IRL redraft leagues with friends and luckily they all let it die this year. I'm not sure if I could handle another league, these 3 take up a ton of time, and I also do dynasty baseball which sucks up the rest of my free time.
Concur. Been playing dynasty since '01. Currently in 4 FFPC dynasties, 2 RSO, and 1 local MFL keeper league. I'm also 51 married with a child. Honestly, managing 7 teams is not an issue as it falls under time management. The only one that can be a bit involved is the keeper league as I am commissioner so that takes the usual babysitting. I will be dropping the RSO strictly because I have issues with their lack of enhancements/improvements, not due to time constraints. I'll probably replace it with another FFPC dynasty.

Really as you get older you don't obsess about each league down to the minutiae. It's more of keeping it simple, being aware of injuries and byes, trends, nothing else (for me). Successfully drafting minimizes the required in-season effort as well :biggrin:
Eat more BACON. You won't be sorry.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:23 pm

16 dynasty of all different sizes/formats and 4 12 team re-drafts (one since '98).
I think I have decided that is too many but I probably can't get below 12 easily...I really like most of my leagues. I guess I don't think it is too many but other life stuff came up and I am going to try and cut down

I have the offseason to figure out which ones I am ditching although I am pretty confident I know most of the leagues I am dumping already.
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:57 am

Completely different for each person. I know guys that are bored through football season if they're not in 10 leagues. Myself, I actually prefer only 1 team. Last year, I hated being in my dynasty league an 2 redrafts as players play against each other and it makes it frustrating and I never ended up happy on a Sunday

This year, I decided I'm only cheering for my dynasty and not caring what my church league type redrafts do and just set the lineups and play waivers and see how they did come Tuesday. Been a lot better with that mentality. I own another half of a dynasty league (team 2 in sig) as I'm co-owner and that's pretty nice as it really only takes half the work. We'll text each other "Hey, I'm gonna pick up Peyton Barber and drop X, that fine for you?" and 90% of the time its a yes. If one of us is busy, we ask the other to set the lineup. Also prevents us from making stupid trades as there's a voice of reason, and the coin-flip lineup decisions are easier as one of us will be biting nails about Kendall Wright or Allen Hurns (yes, our WR3 sucks) and the other will have a gut feeling to go one way or the other and we just go with that.

That team is soundly doing better than my original dynasty team, and is now my only team alive in the playoffs.

I lost in my church league after thinking I was indestructible after the draft. 1st round was DJ, 2nd round Cooper, 3rd round Arob :( Entire team was waiver wire pickups
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

auggiedoggies
Legend
Legend

Postby auggiedoggies » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Really depends on the person. I'm in 38 dynasty leagues that are all different (everything from 12 team .5 PPR to 32 team double player copy full IDP/Coach/Punter/Kicker) along with 8 redraft and 3 dynasty best ball leagues. Takes me maybe 2 hours total each week to do everything. I'm quite busy between family/grad school/work, and I manage just fine.
In Zimmer We Trust
2014 DLF Charter League Champion
Inaugural DLF HOF League Champion

RAB
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RAB » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:25 pm

Some of you guys are friggin' animals. 38 dynasty leagues?!?!?! I have no idea how you do that. I just spent 2 hours trying to pull off a trade for Hopkins and came away with nothing. I can't imagine 38 active leagues. Thanks for all of your responses.
TEAM 1
10 team .5 PPR 1QB/2RB/2WR/TE/3FLEX/DEF
2019 Champion
2020 Champion
QB-Lamar Jackson, Trey Lance
RB-CMC, Kamara, King Henry, Chubb,, Dillon, D.J., Tony Jones
WR-Metcalf, AJ Brown, Godwin, Arob, Mooney, Bryan Edwards
TE- Fant, Goedert, L. Thomas

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 pm

RAB wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:25 pm Some of you guys are friggin' animals. 38 dynasty leagues?!?!?! I have no idea how you do that. I just spent 2 hours trying to pull off a trade for Hopkins and came away with nothing. I can't imagine 38 active leagues. Thanks for all of your responses.
If most of your leagues are on MFL it is very easy to see which players are on which rosters, or if they are on waivers. Same with Yahoo (although you can only have 8 teams per Yahoo ID). That makes it very simple to make waiver claims or know which team to contact to make a trade offer.

After that its all about how much free time you decide to allot to fantasy football, not how much free time you allot per league imho. If you allot 4h for FF, whether its 1h per league for 4 leagues or 4 hours for 1 league - its still the same amount of time spent. Although the more leagues you have I find the less gnashing of teeth / hair pulling you have /or stress over lineup decisions / draft picks / trades*.

I also think a lot depends on whether or not it is an online vs real life league. The more interaction you have with your owners perhaps the more investment you may put into each league. If you're in an online league with 11 "anonymous strangers" its a lot easier to just throw an offer their way and see if it sticks, than if you know all 11 owners and their tendencies and needs/wants. If you know Owner X hates Cowboys you're never going to offer him a Cowboy, but if it is a random owner online you can easily offer him Cowboys.

* - especially trades. It seems a lot easier to trade away a Julio Jones if you own 6 shares in 12 leagues than if you own 2 shares in 3 leagues even if the share percentage is greater in 3 leagues.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 am

I'm in 3 dynasty leagues (commish 1 of those) plus 1 redraft. That's enough to keep me very engaged and in tune with all NFL news, but not so many as to be overwhelming.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

eraldo_coil
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby eraldo_coil » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:06 pm

I'm in 3 dynasty leagues and a handful of random redraft leagues. 3 dynasty leagues is perfect for me.
Team 1
12-team, 0.5 PPR, SuperFlex, TE Premium (+0.5 PPR) | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1SF

QB: Hurts, Herbert, Cousins, Purdy
RB: Taylor, Barkley, Swift, Mixon, N.Harris, Hunt, Dobbins, Strong
WR: Jefferson, Adams, Metcalf, Godwin, Ridley, Lockett, Cooks
TE: Kittle, Njoku, Gesicki

Team 2
12-team, PPR | 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2FLEX

QB: Wilson, Jones
RB: Robinson, Gibbs, Mixon, Sanders, R. White
WR: Lamb, Godwin, Lockett, Addison, D. Johnson, Meyers, Campbell, R. Moore
TE: Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant

ejmfantasy
Rookie
Rookie

Postby ejmfantasy » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:29 pm

Here is how my leagues break down:
NFL: 7 total (5 dynasty, 1 redraft, 1 keep 5). I commish all except 3 dynasty.
NHL: 3 total, all dynasty and I commish 2.
NBA: 2 total, both dynasty, comminsh none, and will probably dump one after this year
MLB: 1 dynasty so far, not commish
NCAA Football: 1 dynasty (feeds one of my NFL teams)
NCAA Hoops: 1 dynasty (feeds one of my NBA teams)

1 league is 6 "sports" (including in individual sport totals above) which includes 1 league in each sport listed above, with the NCAA leagues counting as their own "sports" when I say there is 6. We also bid for "amateur resources" to fuel our college teams and eventually feed pros. These resources can be colleges, states (high school), foreign countries, junior hockey leagues, etc.

I will probably cut down a bit next year (definitely NBA), and see what I end up with. Might do some low stakes best ball leagues where I just draft and wait for the payday lol, but we will see. My only current cash league is the NFL keeper. But ALL leagues are SUPER active (aside from maybe the NBA one I wanna dump).

Side note.. there is an opening in that 6 sport league and I will be posting various places over the next few days, but if interested, hit me up: evanmorris7@hotmail.com
World Devy Championship: 18 Teams, 10 Devy, 0.5 PPR, 20 + 3 IR
QB: Bradford, Rosen, Fitzpatrick
RB: Bell, Mack, CJ Anderson, Clement, Smallwood, Stewart, AP, Wadley
WR: Gabriel, D-Jax, Z. Jones, Carroo, Dede, Bourne, Hollins
TE: B. Watson, Goedert
Devy: Drew Lock, Khalan Laborn, Salvon Ahmed, Benny Snell, Master Teague, Jordyn Adams, Mychale Salahuddin, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers, Colby Parkinson

Raptus
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Raptus » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm

one, stupid fantasy football. Stupid Tom Brady.

:x :wall:

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:04 am

In 3 leagues (1 Dynasty, 1 keeper where there is 50-60% roster turnover, and 1 redraft keep 3) frankly, it's too much for me but I can't bring myself to leave any of them...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

jonf86
Starter
Starter

Postby jonf86 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:44 am

I'm in 2 dynasty leagues. One pretty standard and the other a superflex. Starting next year, just going to stick with the superflex. I like the idea of having one shot at running a team. Part of the fun of it is to pretend like you're the owner/GM and in real life you only get one shot.

If the leagues are very very different in setup/scoring, maybe i'd entertain joining another one or two, but any more than that takes the fun out of it for me.
QB: D. Watson, T. Taylor, J. Driskel, J. Johnson, C. Rush, N. Sudfeld, M. White
RB: C. McCaffrey, C. Carson, K. Johnson, R. Penny, J. Samuels, D. Pumphrey
WR: J.J. Smith-Schuster, R. Woods, L. Fitzgerald, J. Nelson, M. Gallup R. Switzer, B. Berrios, C. Batson, R. Higgins, J. Kearse
TE: G. Kittle, I. Thomas, J Doyle, W. Dissly, J. Leggett, J. Gresham, T. Conklin
16 Team Dynasty (PPR). Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, TE, FLEX, SFLEX
2018 Champs

QB: M. Stafford, J. Garoppolo
RB: I. Crowell, J. Williams, A. Abdullah, C.J. Anderson
WR: C. Godwin, D.J. Moore, W. Fuller, M. Valdez-Scantling, D.J. Chark, E. St. Brown, J. Kumerow, R. Higgins, C. Meredith, J. Kearse
TE: D. Njoku, H. Henry, C. Herndon, G. Everett, I. Thomas, J. Leggett, W. Dissly
14 Team SuperFlex Dynasty TE 1.5 PPR and .15PPY, WR PPR, RB .25PPC and .5PPR, QB: 4 Point TDs
Lineup: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, FLEX, FLEX, OP