Marqise Lee

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Marqise Lee

Postby kris_kapsner » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:53 am

What are you thoughts on Marquise Lee?

What do you think his long term projections look like?
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Re: Marqise Lee

Postby Valhalla » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:57 am

It depends on if he stays put or not, and also if/what the Jaguars do about that QB situation.
It looks like he'll come in just under 1000 this year at his pace. He's a solid enough WR for his price tag, and I think he's clearly ahead of Hurns for future snap count if he stays with the Jags.
I'd be happy to pay a mid-second for him in a ppr

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:05 am

he has a ceiling of a wr2 long term. realistically, i wouldnt want to count on him as anything more than a flex. as you can see he may have some 20 point weeks, but he needs a td to get there. i dont see him magically becoming a guy that averages 16+ a week....so i guess you could call him just another of a handful of guys that are going to average 10-12 on the year and cant really be counted on for anything outside of flexable.

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 am

I think people forget how dominant he was at USC and how hyped he was before a down year his last year there. I don't think he's a WR1, but if Jacksonville addresses QB or ARob walks, I don't hate him as a WR2 and I like him a lot as a WR3.

Tsunami
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Tsunami » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:42 pm

I had high hopes but he's gotten plenty of opportunity now that he's finally healthy, and he hasn't impressed me much. I don't see a lot of long-term value. A young WR3 with an injury risk. I suppose you could blame it on Bortles or think he learns to use his athleticism more and progresses, but at this point I think he's going to be another Kenny Britt.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:23 am

I see a wr2 with upside. He's playing well this year. Should be interesting to see where he lands in free agency
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

jdomer2403
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdomer2403 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:59 am

solid Wr3 w durability concerns.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:44 am

To me, his role is a result of circumstance and not preference. Allen Robinson is out for the season. Hurns hasn't been healthy. They traded Julius Thomas. For most of the season, Jacksonville had no other options. As a result, Lee is on pace for 120 targets.

To his credit, he's looked more like the USC version of himself the past two seasons. However, I just don't see a case where a team is going to feed him that much going forward, unless Jacksonville re-signs him and doesn't add more threats to his volume.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:36 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:44 am To me, his role is a result of circumstance and not preference. Allen Robinson is out for the season. Hurns hasn't been healthy. They traded Julius Thomas. For most of the season, Jacksonville had no other options. As a result, Lee is on pace for 120 targets.

To his credit, he's looked more like the USC version of himself the past two seasons. However, I just don't see a case where a team is going to feed him that much going forward, unless Jacksonville re-signs him and doesn't add more threats to his volume.
I agree with much of this. Opportunity has certainly been set up for him. He is taking advantage of it, though.
To his credit, I believe he was already earning a snap share greater than Hurns before the Hurns injury stuff. Lee started his career injured and Hurns got the opportunity. Lee was wrestling the snap count away from Hurns last year. The snap share isn't JUST a result of injury.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:30 pm

I think between Westbrook and Cole they may let Lee walk, cut Hurns and franchise/sign ARob.
Lee has done pretty well given targets and taking into account quality of targets I see no reason he can't go to another team and do more with the same 100-140 targets. Health is the only thing but I expect a Sanu/Marvin Jones type 3-5 year deal unless Lee decides to gamble on himself and take a 1 yr prove it deal
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams