Favre Sext. Is this Real? or BS?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
jthirteentimes
Captain
Captain

Re: Favre Sext. Is this Real? or BS?

Postby jthirteentimes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 pm

RobertBobson wrote:People always focus on the great games with farve, and never remember how many play off games he has 100 percent cost his team.
The coin is two sided. Yes, he's cost his teams many great games. But 9 times out of 10, he's the reason his team was even in the game to begin with. Especially in regards to the playoff games you are talking about. The selective memory can just as easily be applied to you and the others that hate on him. He's made lots of memorable bad plays (memorable in large part because he's played under the spotlight so many times), but to disregard all the great plays he's made is being just as selective with your memory. People don't love Favre because they think he's the greatest QB ever. They love him because he's so damn fun to watch. Maybe he's a d-bag, and maybe he's annoying, but if you like football and you don't like watching him play, then you are only depriving yourself. There are lots of players that I don't like for personal reasons, but that certainly does not stop me from being able to respect, acknowledge, and enjoy their accomplishments.

After all, the guy is 41 years old, has never missed a start, gets the sh*t kicked out of him on a weekly basis, and keeps coming back for more, making exciting plays week in and week out. And until this week, he spent his entire career playing with previously unheralded receivers while turning them into stars around the league (Sharpe, Freeman, Driver, Walker, Jennings, Rice, etc.). Yes he throws a lot of interceptions, but he's pretty darn good.
Year 2 | 12 team | Standard | .5 PPR | rtrn yrds | 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/TE, 1 RB/WR/TE, 1 TE, 1 K, 2 each IDP (big play)

Q: Stafford, Ben, Locker, Kaep
R: Run DMC, Mathews, JStew, M. Bush, D. Wilson, Jennings, D. Scott, Tanner
W: Mega, Fitz, Nicks, Julio, Rice, Meachem, D. Baldwin, Sanu, M. Jones, G. ChildsBriscoe
T: Gates, Allen, Moeaki
K: Janikowski
DL: JPP, C. Johnson
LB: Willis, Hali, Bishop
DB: J. McCourty, Chancellor

RobertBobson
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby RobertBobson » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:26 am

jthirteentimes wrote:
The coin is two sided. Yes, he's cost his teams many great games. But 9 times out of 10, he's the reason his team was even in the game to begin with. Especially in regards to the playoff games you are talking about.
Preposterous. Every greenbay or vikings playoff team he's ever been on has been extremely talented. The years in green bay when they were rebuilding, they weren't a playoff team.. and favre struggled. Favre was a reason he was in the games he choked away, but certainly not the sole reason.
The selective memory can just as easily be applied to you and the others that hate on him. He's made lots of memorable bad plays (memorable in large part because he's played under the spotlight so many times), but to disregard all the great plays he's made is being just as selective with your memory.
First off, I acknowledge he is a great player. But people call him the greatest, or one of the greatest, and I think that's absurd. I can think of about 20 QB's all time I'd rather have in a big game than favre. I would put favre in the top 10 of all time, but at the bottom of that top ten because he just melts down too often.
People don't love Favre because they think he's the greatest QB ever. They love him because he's so damn fun to watch. Maybe he's a d-bag, and maybe he's annoying, but if you like football and you don't like watching him play, then you are only depriving yourself. There are lots of players that I don't like for personal reasons, but that certainly does not stop me from being able to respect, acknowledge, and enjoy their accomplishments.
What makes him entertaining to watch is that he throws all kinds of crazy high risk passes. But that doesn't make him great, that makes him foolish and a poor decision maker. He makes up for that foolishness with a world of talent, but he absolutely is the worst decision maker of the top tier qbs, and I think that is rarely acknowledged by his sycophants in the media.

Another thing that drives me crazy about him is how the media always focuses on how much fun he is having, and how he's like a kid out there. Well, there's a dark side to being a kid, and that's gross immaturity. That immaturity isn't just evidenced by this latest scandal, but also by his extreme selfishness. Selfishness in torpedoing teams and seasons, ignoring and fighting with coaches, causing drama in locker rooms and dividing them, stringing his teams along with his retirement decisions. And it's not even that he's extremely selfish that bothers me, what bothers me is the same sort of behavior from a player like TO or 85 gets vilified by the press, where as it's basically ignored in favre.
12 team 1 ppr 6 pt all tds
1 qb 2 rb 2 wr 1 rb/wr 1 te 1k
qb Ryan, Vick, nassib, Barkley
RB DMC, Gore, Sporles, Stacy, Hillman, Moreno,
WR aj green,welker, Britt, Blackmon, DeMary
TE Davis, Cook, Housler, Allen

Shawn
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Shawn » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:58 am

RobertBobson wrote:
jthirteentimes wrote:
The coin is two sided. Yes, he's cost his teams many great games. But 9 times out of 10, he's the reason his team was even in the game to begin with. Especially in regards to the playoff games you are talking about.
Preposterous. Every greenbay or vikings playoff team he's ever been on has been extremely talented. The years in green bay when they were rebuilding, they weren't a playoff team.. and favre struggled. Favre was a reason he was in the games he choked away, but certainly not the sole reason.
The selective memory can just as easily be applied to you and the others that hate on him. He's made lots of memorable bad plays (memorable in large part because he's played under the spotlight so many times), but to disregard all the great plays he's made is being just as selective with your memory.
First off, I acknowledge he is a great player. But people call him the greatest, or one of the greatest, and I think that's absurd. I can think of about 20 QB's all time I'd rather have in a big game than favre. I would put favre in the top 10 of all time, but at the bottom of that top ten because he just melts down too often.
People don't love Favre because they think he's the greatest QB ever. They love him because he's so damn fun to watch. Maybe he's a d-bag, and maybe he's annoying, but if you like football and you don't like watching him play, then you are only depriving yourself. There are lots of players that I don't like for personal reasons, but that certainly does not stop me from being able to respect, acknowledge, and enjoy their accomplishments.
What makes him entertaining to watch is that he throws all kinds of crazy high risk passes. But that doesn't make him great, that makes him foolish and a poor decision maker. He makes up for that foolishness with a world of talent, but he absolutely is the worst decision maker of the top tier qbs, and I think that is rarely acknowledged by his sycophants in the media.

Another thing that drives me crazy about him is how the media always focuses on how much fun he is having, and how he's like a kid out there. Well, there's a dark side to being a kid, and that's gross immaturity. That immaturity isn't just evidenced by this latest scandal, but also by his extreme selfishness. Selfishness in torpedoing teams and seasons, ignoring and fighting with coaches, causing drama in locker rooms and dividing them, stringing his teams along with his retirement decisions. And it's not even that he's extremely selfish that bothers me, what bothers me is the same sort of behavior from a player like TO or 85 gets vilified by the press, where as it's basically ignored in favre.
Gotta agree with you here Robert :thumbup: Nice job!
Here is a good article that demonstrates Favre's playoff problems in the past decade, it was written before last year's Vikings game where he threw an INT to essentially lose that game too

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Ar ... sters.html
“I had a couple of drinks. I started in 1970 and finished in 1985. It was a very big drink.” - Alice Cooper
“I’m sick to death of people saying we’ve made 11 albums that sound exactly the same. In fact, we’ve made 12 albums that sound exactly the same.” - Angus Young of AC/DC
"Every album Van Halen did was actually an Eddie solo album" - Eddie Van Halen
"Don't hate me because I'm fabulous" - Prince